Thread: pet battles?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

pet battles?

is there a quick way to level companions to 25 if you don't already have a level 25 pet?

the highest pet i have is 18 and i don't know where to go :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep on battling things your level and higher. No real secret to it.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/ might help you some.

battle pets around your level. kill all pets but the last one. the last one you dmg to as low as possible. let all your pets die except the one you wish to level. finish it off with your last pet. vola mass xp. this works for daily pet battles as well.

this worked that last time i used this. ( 6 months ago)

My main kill team was Panther Cub, Curious Wolvar Cub, and Spawn of Onyxia. You get areas with a ton of critters, and the cub smashes (pounce, the 25% damage reduction ability, and the 2 turn "kill and get life back" ability), and the panther cub is very quick and hits like a truck. At this point (over 75 25s), Cub/Idol/Crimson Hatchling are my 2/3 team for leveling. And while you level, capture the blues. Diversify, you'll need'em all.

Buy a lvl 25 pet from AH. Around 1k gold and things will get much faster. Beat with the daily quests tamers, yougot xp multipliers. 3 battles with Aki the chosen gets a pet from lvl 1 to 23

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    Buy a lvl 25 pet from AH. Around 1k gold and things will get much faster. Beat with the daily quests tamers, yougot xp multipliers. 3 battles with Aki the chosen gets a pet from lvl 1 to 23
    That's such a wrong advice...
    You cannot tunnel the leveling process..
    Buying any pet, or borrowing one from a friend, and add it to your roster doesn't work if the pet is of a higher level than your highest pet.
    If 18 is the highest level, all the OP can buy and add are up to level 18 pets.

How to level a pet to 25 rather quick:
    1. Do all the tamer quests available to you. Ensure you unlock them as dailies.
    Let's say you are a horde player, Kalimdor tamers are your target. Start with a level 1 pet outside Orgrimmar with the tamer quest. Proceed through with all quests you get from the main tamer atop the rise next to the flight tower to Undercity.
    For Alliance Eastern Kingdom is your tamer crew.
    There are a few more tamers accessible once you can do the dailies.
    With the dailies you can level one pet to level 18 easily that way, every day.
    Once you got that down, move on to Outlands, there you can level your pets further up, to tackle those tamers. The final Outland tamer is a hard bastard. You gotta have very effective pets to beat his team. Next do Northrend...

2. As for where do you have to go?
    Look at your zone maps. They show you not only the level zones for your characters but also the pet levels of the zones.
    Further more, make a lot of use of Wowhead.
    I post a few starter point links here, although, Wowhead has a LOT more info to offer. And so does Warcraftpets.com

Beginners Guide to Pet Battles

Taming Kalimdor

Taming Eastern Kingdoms

For all further quests and tamers, make use of Wowhead and Warcraftpets.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    just level one up then capture some level 25 pets they will put down to 23 but a blue 23 can be a huge gain by helping you level the ones you want to 25...

just level him to 25. it's quite fast. Move to level appropriate zone, and grind till you level and move.. Get 2 pets to 25 and then just grind rest in the Vale.. Flying pets are great for 1st 25, since then you can mow aquatic pets in the vale easily. And you have a stable master close to you..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    just level him to 25. it's quite fast. Move to level appropriate zone, and grind till you level and move.. Get 2 pets to 25 and then just grind rest in the Vale.. Flying pets are great for 1st 25, since then you can mow aquatic pets in the vale easily. And you have a stable master close to you..
    A good spot to level is also the Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight. There's a stable master right outside, and but a short distance away are plenty of battle pet groups hanging around the dragon bones on the ground.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Take 2 lvl 25's and 1 lowlevel.
    Start with lowlevel, do 1 attack, switch to 1 of the 25's, win.
    The 25's don't get xp, so all the xp goes to the lowlevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superbotje View Post
    Take 2 lvl 25's and 1 lowlevel.
    Start with lowlevel, do 1 attack, switch to 1 of the 25's, win.
    The 25's don't get xp, so all the xp goes to the lowlevel.
    And try to do this on some lvl 85 alt. Saves you time questiong in pandaria.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

When my first team of pets was at level 18 ( all 3 ) I battled level 25 wild pets in Pandaria. I caught 5-6 rares in the very first 10 battles so it was easy...

When I first started pet battling I did it from ground zero using the 3x level 6 Mechanicals > 3x Arcane Eyes > 3x Dragonbone Condor > Vale pets strat. If I needed to do it all over again I'd probably do something like this guy: http://fecklessleader.blogspot.com/p...for-noobs.html. If you beat the trainers it seems like they give more XP than wild pet battles. The first couple 25's take the longest to level but after that it's cake since you can always carry and level 1 pet and powerlevel him with your 2x 25's.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fastest way to get your first level 25 pet is by Taming. You can usually tame a pet 2-3 levels higher than your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    When I first started pet battling I did it from ground zero using the 3x level 6 Mechanicals > 3x Arcane Eyes > 3x Dragonbone Condor > Vale pets strat.
    That's a nice strat indeed.
    Old Gods made me do it.

I like to level pets in Northrend around 18-23. Crystalsong has lots of critters so anything with beast attacks seems to do well.

While it may not help just yet, I find a good combination for leveling against the legendary trainers is to use the pet you want to level, plus an Emperor Crab, and either a Fledgling Nether Ray or Nether Ray Fry.

Deleted
    Work through the zones, on the world map zones it can tell you which zone to go to by pet level and fight, pet trainer quests also add bonus xp and pet rewards but most of your pet's xp will be from tons of random battles in zones. A pet a few levels down beating a higher level pet gets an xp bonus for difficulty.

Another way is to get a pet to L 21 / 22 then head to Pandaria like the arboretum and beat a L 25 dragon hatchling and capture it then use it in lower level zones like Outland or Kalimdor / Eastern Kingdoms if leveling alts alongide low level pets.

have a friend to do pvp pet battle win trading, for sure the fastest way

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my first pet to 25 this weekend, took me like 6hours total.
    It was Anubisath Idol, after it hit level 18 I just went with it solo against 2levels higher critters/beasts. Was getting a level every 4-5 wins.
    World map shows battle pet levels in the zones, so you can see where you can go next.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Once I averaged about level 20 for my team, I hit up Isle of Thunder. Seemed to work pretty well. I just ran whenever an uncommon or higher showed up.

Deleted
    Of late pet battles have been getting on my t1ts, If its not the huge amount of 95% hit rating moves not landing to finish a celestial grounds trainer off its happening a lot in PVP with Scratch on a rabbit missing then burrow missing also in the next round, but blizz have now found a new way to piss me off..... Deathadder Hatchling buggs out mechanical mines.... when you use them... they vanish and never land.... checking the combat log it says they miss... how in the blue hell can it miss when the damage is not ment to be applied until the pet is swapped.... Stop releasing pets till they are fully tested... i cant do the pvp weekly because i spend more time missing and abilities bugging out... have done 21 battles this morning and i have won 4... this is not because of poor choices or wrong pets, this is down to poor RNG and not being able to put mines on the floor to inc damage output, also anyone else notice abilities with 100% hit rating missing for no reason? even when opponent has no avoidance or weather changing abilities up