Deleted

Opener for dw frost

I'm a bit confused about what should i do when i open. I'll elaborate a bit on what my indecission consists of... I know that OB hits like a weat nodle compared to HB or FS but it gives me more runic power and as i apply my disseses whit Outbreak, i think it's better to get rid of those unholy runes and build up some runic power so u can go ham on that HB and have enough runic power to FS. But then again that Ob can proc Rime so i use it on HB and then use my last unholy rune on OB again. On the other hand i don't see a good point where i should pop Empower Rune Weapon, as i don't starve for runes and and if i do i have Plague Leech. Oh one last thing i've jumped over the CD's blah blah stuff, because that's clear as water and obvious.
    Thank you in advanced for whom will make all this a lot more clear for me!

Army -> prepot -> HB HB till in bossrange -> PS -> normal rotation

Army prepull > Prepot > summon ghoul > Death's advance and Drop dnd while running to boss > Outbreak while getting in melee range > Pillar of Frost >

3x hb (88 rp here) > 4x fs, (28 rp and 6 BC here) frost/death runes should be on cooldown > fs and use 5 stacks of BC (8 rp, 3 BC) > 1 of each frost/death rune regenerates right here, use 5 stacks of BC > fs > 3x hb (36 rp) > fs > (your frost/death runes should all be cooldown) ( 2 BC) >

ERW > weave in fs while dumping hb (10 blood charges here which should be used midway) -> blood plague will have 2s left ticking > use plague leech

You'll be able to pull off more with bloodlust up on the pull. Your pillar of frost expires just as you use your plague leech if executed correctly,allowing maximum uptime of 4p. My howling blast crits for upwards of 800ks when everything lines up.

Deleted
    You don't outbreak as DW, u just loose one GCD for no dmg. Just HB from range, we are GCD capped anyway so u better optimize every single one.

You can free that extra gcd that you use to PS for FS by outbreaking from range. The first (usually) melee you do procs km once you begin your /startattack /cast howling blast macro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    You don't outbreak as DW, u just loose one GCD for no dmg. Just HB from range, we are GCD capped anyway so u better optimize every single one.
    That and since you don't OB except to drop UH runes the only reason to get BP up quicker is the dot.

That's why you don't outbreak. As 2h frost you're hitting OB right off, so you need those diseases up. As UH you're hitting SS quickly, so again you want diseases. As DW, there is no rush to get BP up.

Why are you deeming it 'no rush' when you should be trying to min-max damage?

You're wasting a gcd during your pillar of frost which has a small 20s duration window of it's own which could have been used for 1) Howling blast 2) Frost strike when you could have applied BP with outbreak while getting into melee range. My opener goes for a duration of 18 seconds with a dreadful 220ms oceanic ping,allowing tons of leeway for US/EU players and their 20ms latency.

army@6seconds on pulltimer > ghoul right after army finishes> prepot> horn once in combat>(hb once if still out of range) PoF > Outbreak > Oblit > FS > Oblit > HB > FSx2.
    Last edited by ploob; 2013-09-30 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    -7sec pre pull Army
    -3sec pre pull Ghoul
    start running towards boss
    -1sec prepot
    0sec pull PoF+HB
    1sec PS (if UH rune off CD)
    2sec+ priority list

I usually do:

6 second Army
    Pre Pot
    Pillar of Frost Macro (includes popping Raise Ally, Blood Fury, Synapse Springs)
    Outbreak (do this to save some Unholy Runes and have initial "good" disease damage on boss, though obviously Frost Fever changes sporadically due to HB spam)
    Howling Blast until runes are expended
    OR
    KM Frost Strike (if this happens I just pop Horn of Winter since I have Horn of Loud Winter Glyph'd)

And then so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forswear View Post
    Why are you deeming it 'no rush' when you should be trying to min-max damage?

You're wasting a gcd during your pillar of frost which has a small 20s duration window of it's own which could have been used for 1) Howling blast 2) Frost strike when you could have applied BP with outbreak while getting into melee range. My opener goes for a duration of 18 seconds with a dreadful 220ms oceanic ping,allowing tons of leeway for US/EU players and their 20ms latency.
    Poor phrasing perhaps. It's important to keep BP up, but if you hit 2x HB before you get BP up on the target it's no where near as bad as hitting an OB without BP up.