10+ Year Old Account

showtooltip for any given member of a tier group

I want a macro that uses Tiger Palm when unmodified, and my monk tier_2 talent (Chi Wave, Zen Sphere, Chi Burst) when i press a mod

using the infMopTalentMacros addon i have been able to make a nested macro like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead][noexists]
    /click [mod] MultiBarRightButton12
    /cast [nomod] Tiger Palm
    with MultiBarRightButton12 being assigned to my tier_2 spell.

this works, but i can't get the display to show the appropriate tier_2 spell that i have talented, is there something i can write after Showtooltip like [mod] {spell1 or spell2 or spell3}; Tiger Palm, or [mod] {show whatever is showing MultiBarRightButton12}; Tiger Palm

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Just name your macro as: CTT

#showtooltip
    /use Call of the Elements
    /use Totemic Restoration
    /use Totemic Projection
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("CTT", G"Call of the Elements" or G"Totemic Restoration" or "Totemic Projection")

hope this helps

EDIT: You have to press your macro once after you've changed talent to see tooltip!
    Google Stole this from SkillCapped forums.
    I think you can work with this.

Deleted
    All the addons and macros for "use the spell in this talent tier" use SetMacroSpell to override the "default" macro icon logic with a specific spell name. Sadly, this also prevents the default logic from working with modifiers etc.

Technically possible? Yes - you'd need to check for modifiers changing, SetMacroSpell appropriately, and essentially emulate what the default logic does. Is it worth the effort? Nobody's made something along those lines yet, so I'd guess "no".

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i can get the macro to use the spells right, but can't get it to show Tiger Palm when there is no mod, oh well

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!