Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Simcraft over-values haste ever since rppm came into place, the bindings trinket made this worse. Honestly the two stats are so close to each other in dps value you can have exaggerated amounts of either or and still see dps within a similar margin of error. For instance the entirety of the SoO PTR I was running the 9778 bp and my guildy was running the 13737 bp as I prefer mastery and he prefers haste, and on basically every fight the person who did more dmg was the person who got better / more procs on a given pull.
    You blame simcraft for lagging behind on information yet blame them for overvalueing haste due to RPPM. Do you see the mistake? Please stop confusing people with the stuff you're trying to prove here.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Do you see the mistake?
    No, no I don't.

Deleted
    Haste does not improve RPPM proc chances since this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post
    Procs make a big difference, also random fight mechanics. Did you pay close attention to how you guys did vs certain boss encounters? I would assume he most likely beat you in single target encounters and you beat him in multi target like Protectors.
    Even on the same bosses it's really just up to who gets better procs on a pull etc single target or multi-dot. Just kinda the nature of things when (using simcraft as an example) your dps range from min to max is 120k+. Shit gets kinda silly.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Haste does not improve RPPM proc chances since this tier.
    Sorry if this was worded confusingly or something, people reading text and all. Simcraft has over valued haste SINCE rppm came into play, NOW it overvalues haste even worse BECAUSE of BINDINGS. The latter *does not* include the former.

Hopefully that's a little clearer.

Stop guessing and post something that actually makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    Nice, this thread is almost exactly what I was looking for.
    If OP doesn't mind I'd like to join him and post more details to help this discussion.

This is the sim for my 557 WL (affli). I've been trying to hit the 9778 BP, but couldn't because I had some "bad luck" with my loot (lots of haste items). So now, if I'm completely reforged into mastery, I'm almost at the 13157 BP for agony, so I reforged a little mastery into haste to hit it.
    Now I'm at exactly 13167 (+10 over the cap). How come that haste is still this strong in my sim? I mean it literally crushes mastery. Is SimC buggy?
    Simcraft is single target, Haste is actually still ahead of mastery when it comes to single target patchwerk dps, but in real world scenarios this isnt true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Simcraft is single target, Haste is actually still ahead of mastery when it comes to single target patchwerk dps, but in real world scenarios this isnt true.
    Pretty much this.
    As I've already mentioned I simmed my toon for a 450s (+0-20%) fight against 1, 2 and then 3 boss mobs with the following reforge setups:

1. Mastery + 9778 haste BP
    2. Mastery + 12k haste BP
    3. Mastery + 13.7k haste BP
    4. Max. haste (~50% haste raid buffed)

I'll make it short: Surprisingly for all 3 situations the 13.7k haste BP was the strongest, not the always recommended 9778BP. That on was actually far behind, by almost ~15k dps on a 3 target fight. 2nd rank goes to the max haste build.
    I think according to these results it's safe to say, that the 9778BP might not be the one an only BP to aim for, but the 13.7k BP, provided your gear is good enough. I might even go this far and say that it might be worth sacrificing mastery for haste to reach the 13.7k in low ilvl gear.
    But after that BP the dps you gain from 1 haste gets extremely low and haste itself devalued by a lot and one should start stacking mastery like there's no tomorrow.

edit: If you're interested I can link the results.