Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No burdens all week?

I've been told that there's no cap on the number of Burdens of eternity you can get, so I'm wondering why I've not gotten one yet this week even though I've killed tons of rares and just opened like 100 chests in that cave.

Deleted
    because RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I've been told that there's no cap on the number of Burdens of eternity you can get, so I'm wondering why I've not gotten one yet this week even though I've killed tons of rares and just opened like 100 chests in that cave.
    Bad luck. It happens when loot is random.

Bad luck, I guess. I havent gotten a single one on my alt who actually needs them, while they are piling up on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to have a higher chance to get a burden if it's my first kill of that boss of the day...I know i've got multiple burdens per day and at least one...currently i'm just using them to upgrade gear that i only managed to get one stat on the previous time because i've gotten so many >.<

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG OP I've gotten Burdens back to back on my lock which I didn't even need it, Was from Arch then Maw it was pretty funny lol

Old main has 3 sitting on her that I haven't used. Might build a 3rd spec or something, might just use and vendor. My new main has only gotten 2 (blazing chest was 1). I wish they were BoA like the tokens. RNG is an asshole.

Been on the isle all week on several different alts and have not looted one burden. I've actually only got one since the patch launched and I don't even remember which toon that was on.

Kill a bunch of Death Adders. I've had two burdens drop off of them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I seem to have a higher chance to get a burden if it's my first kill of that boss of the day...I know i've got multiple burdens per day and at least one...currently i'm just using them to upgrade gear that i only managed to get one stat on the previous time because i've gotten so many >.<
    I feel like this too, however sometiems you get burdens from back to back rares, sometimes you go days without them. =\

Fix burdens so they work on ALL items and not just armor ones.

Someone said Death Adder rares are the best for dropping the Burdens. After last night, I agree. I got three, all from the adders. Maybe a reward for the lag I seem to get when killing adders

I've seen a much reduced drop rate since the first week fixes went through. On all my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    Fix burdens so they work on ALL items and not just armor ones.
    The only thing they don't work on is trinkets and that's because those are sold directly for the same amount as a burden.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I've gotten 3 burdens from the chests. I've never seen a burden drop from a chest or rare on any of my 3 toons and i routinely finish the 50/50 epoch weekly quests. RNG sucks?

Funny, today I wondered about exactly the opposite. I've got 4-8 burdens over the last three weeks on all my chars combined - and my mage is shahao exalted -, but today I got 7 from evermaw/ship alone, my hunter even got one from those both rares.

So yes, obviously rng is rng.

Deleted
    I find killing rares/mobs gets you loads.

Deleted
    main has 5 or 6 it cant use.
    Meanwhile my army of alts have seen none in ages.

I hate this too, on a toon i dont even play, i just went to the isle to collect chests, i get 3 burdens in a row, yet on the toon i really want to gear up, i only have 1 burden which is from the guaranteed chest and i get a shitty roll on it, life is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I've seen a much reduced drop rate since the first week fixes went through. On all my characters.

The only thing they don't work on is trinkets and that's because those are sold directly for the same amount as a burden.
    except that a burden can drop but a trinket wont. also what about rings, necklaces, cloaks? never tried those.

Killed like 40-50 total of the big rares(Ship, Shark, Giant) and only seen 1 Burden.....