Deleted

Best mobo+cpu combo for my budget

Hi.

I currently have an old i7 920 + Sabertooth x58 mobo and im looking to upgrade these 2 parts as it seems to bottleneck my gpu. (HD7950OC 3G)

My budget would be around 400 euro and I was thinking to get an i5 over an i7 this time

My first question would be, howmuch of a performance boost % wise would I get if I upgrade to an i5-4670K from my current i7 920@3.8
    Would it perhaps be smarter to spend an extra 100 euro on an i7-4770K?

Im quite bad when it comes to upgrading CPU and mobo cuz I have no idea what to look for so im asking for some help what would be the best combination for my budget. Preferably as cheap as possible but willing to go over my budget slightly if it would be a noticable performance boost

Thanks for any help

if your just gaming going to a 4770k is a waste of money... the i5 is your best bet. and yes the i5 is a big jump from the 920... totally depends on the game but id say from 25% to 80%. for wow its on the upper end of that because it focuses on cpu

Gigabyte makes the best mid range motherboards imo. Here is the newegg link to the one i would buy:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128592

Im not sure how much improvement you would see with a 4670k, i would fair a guess of 20-30% especially if you overlock the 4670 to 4.5 or so (easily done with most chips). It also depends on the game, obviously. I would suggest the 4670 over the 4770 because the price does not justify the benefits you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Gigabyte makes the best mid range motherboards imo. Here is the newegg link to the one i would buy:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128592
    that would be a very good choice also ASRock extreme 4/6/9 are all good boards

Deleted
    Its mainly for BF4. I could pull ultra settings at x2 AA at 60 FPS but I doubt I can pull that off in BF4.
    Thanks for the input. Ill be going for an i5. Ill be looking into the Gigabyte boards.

Any other suggestions at what board I should pick?

stay away from biostar mobos

I gotta chime in here lol.

I actually own a biostar in my current PC from the P67 line when sandy first came out, ive had it for over 2 years now and its been the most stable PC ive ever had lol. Biostar really makes quality stuff nowadays as well, dont write them off : )

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I gotta chime in here lol.

I actually own a biostar in my current PC from the P67 line when sandy first came out, ive had it for over 2 years now and its been the most stable PC ive ever had lol. Biostar really makes quality stuff nowadays as well, dont write them off : )
    i sell computer parts for a living at microcenter. you may have had good luck with them and that can happen with any low end brand. But they have the highest return and defective rate out of all the things i sell other then junky PSUs. the other thing that is a big take away from biostar is the lack of quality features.