Issues with Gateway, specifically H Immerseus

I saw a couple forum posts on the wow forums about a similar issue, but no actual information. I set my gateway on immerseus HC so players can swap to the other side for add phases, but it keeps disappearing randomly. I am standing within 10 yards of the green gate, it makes no sense. One idea was that adds or puddles were damaging and killing it, but Garrosh throws desecrated weapons directly onto the gateway in his encounter, as well as spews whirl damage everywhere, yet they remain intact (obviously after heart phase i have to recast it though). Is this a known bug that anyone can offer some insight on?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's known.

Despawning randomly.

It's pretty annoying.
    Last edited by Zevoa; 2013-10-01 at 01:20 AM.

Wrong.... they are unkillable again....(to my knowledge).... its an issue with view distance and how far away you are from them. its the same with garrosh, if u place them from one marker to the next, they will disappear when u go into the transition phases. so in Immerseus, place them from your stack point to as far as u can get them and try not to go out of view distance/range

Deleted
    Same issue we had at the release of the expansion. If you go too far away (I think 100 yards) from one of the portals it disappears, and makes the other one useless along with it.

It's really weird and frustrating, because they fixed this in 5.1 or 5.2, yet here we are with it again...

Deleted
    I wonder why they added back the range requirement.. It's so incredibly frustrating.

We're using gates on Thok, just kidding they despawn when we run around because range.

Deleted
    its funny when blizz have stated over and over again that the gateway is oh so good and that its one of the reasons ppl bring locks and then make it close to pointless. it should stay in place until your char dies, not like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to think it was just an unintended break of an old bug fix but who knows, we've still not had any confirmation as to whether the Void Ray Fury cost doubling was intended or not.

Gateways despawn on Garrosh too when you go through phases, not super critical as they're only really used in P1 but still bad.

Deleted
    My gateway on garrosh from the middle of the room to the engineer keeps dispawning in p1, so nothing to do with intermission.

I'll throw the gateway down on fights and if it stays up, we can use it. However, it despawns randomly so often that we don't build our strategies around it. This is particularly true on HC Immerseus, Thok, and Garrosh. On HC Sha and HC Galakras I've never had it despawn so unsure why it does it. On Galakras it even stays up when I'm on the right-hand tower and the gateway's placed on the left ramp. Who knows!

I've given up using my gateway on Immerseus.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    My gateway on garrosh from the middle of the room to the engineer keeps dispawning in p1, so nothing to do with intermission.
    Yup and on top of that I was standing next to it, so range or whatever seems to have little to do with it.

That said, my guildie lock's portal seem to be generally fine, or at least, hers doesn't despawn as randomly as mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Yup and on top of that I was standing next to it, so range or whatever seems to have little to do with it.

That said, my guildie lock's portal seem to be generally fine, or at least, hers doesn't despawn as randomly as mine.
    Yep! My guildie drops his from one desecrate spawn spot to another, whereas mine leads off into a corner.

It must be something to do with being in range of both gateway locations. All I can think of.