Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauro View Post
    But but don't hate on LFR guys and/or girls, it's a great tool for those who haven't got time to raid in a proper raiding guild right?..... <.< /sarcasm off
    Not anymore it isn't. Now it requires pretty much the same amount of time. Only difference is A)Probably not there more then one night clearing and B) you aren't locked to going in at a certain time.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know why tanks leave?

Because the other players in the group cannot grasp simple mechanics.

But hey, healers and tanks are already in short supply because you mouth breathers have made it unbearable to run. Lets add another reason not to run it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not anymore it isn't. Now it requires pretty much the same amount of time. Only difference is A)Probably not there more then one night clearing and B) you aren't locked to going in at a certain time.

That's my point exactly .

I left 5 LFRs yesterday, terrible groups One example: After a wipe on Protectors I asked to get rid of people who were doing 20-30k dps (balance druid in agility gear etc.). I was told "just go", so I did.

Brilliant logic, let's punish the tanks for playing tanks so you can do lfr as dps!

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Alternatively, restrict anyone from leaving an LFR for at least an hour after joining it (still allow votekick for afks). Most of my queue problems are from tanks/healers joining an in-progress run and leaving straight away.

(snip)

Another option would be to continue granting bags for multiple kills each week, just so if you're stuck repeating bosses you can still get some gold/mats/maybe loot etc.
    Thing is, there's only as much risk/cost to reward ratio (the risk/cost being the Deserter debuff, or any other punishment you might come up with) , that still makes things feel like it's worth it... and if you cross that threshold, you might well end up with people not using the system (like anyone who refuses to tank or heal LFR already, not to look far). If, in the game I pay for access to, you tell me "you're restricted to X activity for an hour" (say, locking somone to a character, AND role, AND only ticking when online - not gonna happen of course, but using hyperbole for example's sake), they might well quit playing (and paying), or just follow the group (so they are "active") for an hour, maybe autoattacking, then leave - or ninja pull, and generally harass you until they get kicked (I once had a player doing it, he wanted a vote kick to avoid deserter, so kept pulling Lei-Shen to wipe the raid - people didn't kick him, and he eventually left anyway).
    Anything less, and it's not really possible to stop people from closing the game's client forcefully, disconnecting their router, and so on.

The bag incentive might be a better option, which could work for some people at least (if someone only wants an item from first boss, and doesn't care about Valor enough to stick around for the whole thing, you can't really stop them from leaving after it dies, or if it's not a fresh run - sure, they are selfish and stuff, but that doesn't change it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barricade_ View Post
    I left 5 LFRs yesterday, terrible groups One example: After a wipe on Protectors I asked to get rid of people who were doing 20-30k dps (balance druid in agility gear etc.). I was told "just go", so I did.
    It took a group effort of rallying to kick like 5 people in ours once, 2 legit were doing nothing and the others did sub 30000, even one a Unholy DK with 528 unenchanted/gemmed weapon.

Or you could just play a tank and stop whining. Tanks need motivation to run LFR due to shortages, not even more penalties.

Im a BrM DK tank. I normally stay for a few wipes but when retards, idc if its dps healers or tanks because some people regardless of spec are retarded, They dont listen on how to do the boss.. So why does a decent dps get to leave and only have a 30 min debuff and i get stuck with a week? That seems a little unfair.

Now i agree to the just zoned in and all shit but if i get in and you guys are on Dark Shamans why should i have to stay when i want a fresh run like the rest of you. Its a bad idea and most tanks will just stop joining LFR and then you will be up a creek with a paddle
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Most people in here should get their facts straight.

When someone leaves before even trying a boss, or leaves after just one try, the get the deserter debuff. The other Tanks won't get one.

So yeah, PLEASE extend the Deserter Debuff to 7 Days, and ramp that up until you get permanently removed from the LFR LFD system, because no one nets those assholes who think that they can give their friends fast invites and leave a second after the invite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Or you could just play a tank and stop whining. Tanks need motivation to run LFR due to shortages, not even more penalties.
    This.

That would mean one less dps whining about 1001 things and one more person whos' eyes would open up to how "spoiled" tanks are with short queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Most people in here should get their facts straight.

When someone leaves before even trying a boss, or leaves after just one try, the get the deserter debuff. The other Tanks won't get one.

So yeah, PLEASE extend the Deserter Debuff to 7 Days, and ramp that up until you get permanently removed from the LFR LFD system, because no one nets those assholes who think that they can give their friends fast invites and leave a second after the invite.
    Well, uh...you should get your facts straight.

If a tank or healer boosts people in the queue and then immediately drops group, the people that came with them get booted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    no one nets those assholes who think that they can give their friends fast invites and leave a second after the invite.
    That's different issue though, and one that IMO was well solved by removing the whole group, who joined together, if one of them leaves (only if they do that right off the bat though, if any one of them leaves later, say, after a boss dies, rest shouldn't be responsible for their decission).

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    If a tank or healer boosts people in the queue and then immediately drops group, the people that came with them get booted as well.
    Does it still work that way? (Some posts in this thread gave me an impression it was removed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barricade_ View Post
    Normally I am all forgiving and stuff.. I do not have the least problem with someone who just went through the questing process, done some upgrading and now barely broke the ilevel requirements to get into the instance. And with that they do suck with their dps just a bit.
    But I do not have any tolerance anymore for things like you said here. There is absolutely no need to get into the raid with shitty offspec gear, since one can select for which role the gear that drops for them should be.

Here's another aspect guys...
    Lately I find myself having to run the stuff twice for the most part. It's tuesday, this afternoon after work, I go online and try to get my LFR done on one toon. If I am lucky, I can get it done in one sweep... But likely I am not that lucky, and I end up with at least one wing where I get in midways.. Somewhere between the second and the last boss.. Once the bosses don't have anything anymore what I can use for MS or OS, then that's fine with me, and I'm actually happy. But that's not the case, and I have to queue for the same thing again, to catch the remaining bosses too. I then will not stick around until the end. I leave once I got what I needed to be done. And I am sure, that's how most people do it.
    In ToT there's now an army of Alts grinding their ways through the bosses, to do the catch up on the legendary quest chain. There it is the same thing. Mass switching..

If I have one complaint with tanks however, then it's the egocentric arrogance some express.
    If there's one thing I hate wholeheartedly on tanks, that's pulling targets without confirmation. Most people - especially DPS - doing a whole variety of things before they can get into a wing. Very few sitting around, fully prepared, just waiting for the button to click to enter. There you get into the run, just to see how the assbag tank already pulled some shit. Or, you get the pop to enter, you click, the screen changes, just to interrupt with the nice message "encounter in progress"...
    For fuck sake, don't be a baddie, don't be an ignorant ass. If your raid is refilling, wait.. It shouldn't be hard to count to 25..
    Nothing more entertaining than being in a queue, and when you finally get in, you are dead within seconds.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Full LFR run should give tanks like 2k gold as an incentive to queue and stay until completion and/or free repairs. Shit gets out of hand. Spent like 3 hours today just doing the first 4 bosses in Siege LFR. Also, if a tank drops within 10 minutes they should not be able to queue for either the rest of the day or at least a few hours both to deter tanks from queueing their friends and leaving and to make sure they at least try and do something.

Could also implement a system where only 1 tank is needed in LFR and the boss would ignore the normal 2 tank mechanics. But if there was 2 it could go about the original mechanics. Or implement an NPC tank to pick up adds etc. if there was only 1 tank. Just brainstorming here, but waiting on tanks REALLY sucks and they really gotta do something about queue times.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    That's different issue though, and one that IMO was well solved by removing the whole group, who joined together, if one of them leaves (only if they do that right off the bat though, if any one of them leaves later, say, after a boss dies, rest shouldn't be responsible for their decission).

Does it still work that way? (Some posts in this thread gave me an impression it was removed)
    It was implemented, then during some patch it was stealth removed, with the removal being a bug essentially. But in a more recent patch, I believe 5.2 it was re-implemented. And now it's how it works again. You queue others, and leave right away, they are getting the boot that moment. You have to stay and kill at least one boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Full LFR run should give tanks like 2k gold as an incentive to queue and stay until completion and/or free repairs. Shit gets out of hand. Spent like 3 hours today just doing the first 4 bosses in Siege LFR. Also, if a tank drops within 10 minutes they should not be able to queue for either the rest of the day or at least a few hours both to deter tanks from queueing their friends and leaving and to make sure they at least try and do something.

Could also implement a system where only 1 tank is needed in LFR and the boss would ignore the normal 2 tank mechanics. But if there was 2 it could go about the original mechanics. Or implement an NPC tank to pick up adds etc. if there was only 1 tank. Just brainstorming here, but waiting on tanks REALLY sucks and they really gotta do something about queue times.
    What if you queue and you get in for lets say the third time on a boss you've already done? Would you kill it again for the third time?
    My Main is a healer. I certainly want my runs to be done as quick as possible. I don't have the time to spend on wow all day and night long. I got a few hours.
    I queue, I get in.. If lucky I get the whole wing. If not, I queue again. If I end up on the same stuff again, I drop.. I simply don't have time for it. But I have alts that I will be switching to, to make use of my time instead.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    LFR [...] and I like that it's not just a loot pinata.
    it's not? even flex is a loot pinata compared to normal mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    You know why tanks leave?

Because the other players in the group cannot grasp simple mechanics.

But hey, healers and tanks are already in short supply because you mouth breathers have made it unbearable to run. Lets add another reason not to run it?
    yes. there are no bad tanks. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    it's not? even flex is a loot pinata compared to normal mode.

- - - Updated - - -

yes. there are no bad tanks. haha.
    And normal mode is a loot pinata compared to Heroic!

Ahem on topic now. I think its a bad idea to punish someone for leaving the queue. For continually leaving they should maybe get a ban from LFR for 48hours, so leaving x amount of unfinished runs would be considered someone whos causing groups problems. this should be applied to any class/role.

Also I hate it when plate classes whine about tanks when those classes have a viable spec. They should try tanking for a bloody change. Same for druids and monks I see no reason why a Tank or healer off spec for the classes that have it should not be used. If more people were less afraid of doing one of these roles the queue times would drop.

Sure as long as DPS have the same level of responsibility as tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Because the time it takes to replace a DPS is like .0002 sec and the time to replace a tank is 10-60 minutes.
    OP complains about tanks taking too long to replace so suggests a way to make it even worse as a solutions to the problem...
    dumb idea anyone?