Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Fate coming soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare for massive amounts of butt-hurt. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I just wish they'd included some Sazh related stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Prepare for massive amounts of butt-hurt. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I just wish they'd included some Sazh related stuff.
    archers with guns

I'm not really a big fan of the 13 related characters (I've not played any of the 13 related games), so I'm not as excited as I would be for say...Cloud Strife, Wakka (What? I like Wakka, ya?) or Gilgamesh...but my sister is a big Snow fan, so i'm quite happy she'll be able to get his costume for her toon. I'll be getting the Lightning costume, but I don't think I'd use it much.

That said, the Lore nerd in me DOES approve that this is the actual Lightning crossing from her game to FF14, and not just an FF14 universe"version" of her. Doing it this way makes it more fun (And if it happens to advertise her new game...i'm cool with that. Advertise via contend suits me!) I loves me some series continuity (Which is another reason I tend to favor Cloud and Gilgamesh.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I'm not really a big fan of the 13 related characters (I've not played any of the 13 related games), so I'm not as excited as I would be for say...Cloud Strife, Wakka (What? I like Wakka, ya?) or Gilgamesh...but my sister is a big Snow fan, so i'm quite happy she'll be able to get his costume for her toon. I'll be getting the Lightning costume, but I don't think I'd use it much.

That said, the Lore nerd in me DOES approve that this is the actual Lightning crossing from her game to FF14, and not just an FF14 universe"version" of her. Doing it this way makes it more fun (And if it happens to advertise her new game...i'm cool with that. Advertise via contend suits me!) I loves me some series continuity (Which is another reason I tend to favor Cloud and Gilgamesh.
    Gilgamesh is going to be a part of 14's main continuity, not a special event. IIRC he'll be in Crystal Tower

Deleted
    I want some of those weapons so bad. Fang's lance especially.

All the problems with this game, and this is what you guys are excited about. Okay.

I find it ironic that a game that "borrowed" so much from WoW left behind some of the more critical lessons.

Please do not attempt to start game vs. game wars. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-10-04 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000517.html

Those weapons are pretty bad ass.
    I'll have to see if I can get the sword somehow. Then hold on to it until we get vanity slots + Red Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post

Damn you, I thought this was about a new Type Moon series.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    All the problems with this game, and this is what you guys are excited about. Okay.
    I guess in order to appease His Highness Venaliter we should cease any and all discussions of upcoming content for the game.

Deleted
    was actually hoping to fight her and destroy her

I refuse to believe that FATEs are actual content. They are just zerg fests that are mindless as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I refuse to believe that FATEs are actual content. They are just zerg fests that are mindless as hell.
    Whether they are good content is up for debate. However, they exist, they take time, and they provide a way to develop your character. It cannot be argued that they are not content.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

My favorite Fate so far. Steropes has "the one hitter quitter".
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post

My favorite Fate so far. Steropes has "the one hitter quitter".
    Aww yiss. It also drops a cute pet on gold if you find tiny fat dragons cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I want some of those weapons so bad. Fang's lance especially.
    YEsssssssssssssssssssssssssss. As a DRG, this makes me moist.

Really makes me want Fang's armor over Lightning's... Because Fang was a much more interesting character than Lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Any Word on when / where this will happen?

EDIT: Found it, November 14th, looks like it's only going to run for one week.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-02 at 12:43 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Any Word on when / where this will happen?

EDIT: Found it, November 14th, looks like it's only going to run for one week.
    Only?! I hope they aren't too hard to get... but if it's similar to the bomb event probably not. I really want a lot of that stuff.

What level do you need to be?

Also I NEED snows battle axe.

like OMG