Thread: Runes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I've been noticing a lot of streamers use hybrid pen on most champs regardless of trinity, like ahri or fizz simply due to the fact hat early auto's/etc gain so much from them.

For now I think I am going to stick with my 4, and just continue picking up champs, until I have everyone I want, then focus on more and more specific rune pages.

EDIT: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20242980#runes

That is what I'm currently working with, ifyou can think of maybe just one more good all purpose page I might consider adding into my rotation.
    Only thing i can suggest is picking up AS reds for junglers, because you actually have all the other basics pretty much covered. There are a good chunk of junglers that work better with AS for the first clear instead of AD. They are mostly AP/Tanky junglers, but enough are popular to warrant picking them up (Zac, Elise, Naut, etc.).

However, I do have one critique for your page one. I would run Armor seals instead of the MR ones. If you want MR, put them on the glyphs. Armor reduces the AA harass good mid players will use. I don't run armor on one of my pages in favor of Mana regen, but I've also stopped using that page because mid has become more dangerous with all the assassins. I should probably change it so I have one with MR Glyphs and another with AP glyphs.

Well all I want to manage this season is to make it to gold so hopefully these will be able to make it there. I could see the need for a tanky page and a support one, otherwise you have most situations covered.
    The AD/AS ones are for my tanky champions. It includes armor and mr/lvl +mr.

I definitely need a support rune page. Atm I am in a bit of a feast or famine situation when I am forced to support. I usually take Leona and use my Ap/Armor runes and then since I don't have gp5 quints, either I have to secure some early kills for my adc and get income like that or fall behind the other support. Even stale mates are bad for me. Luckily most games I have been able to get roles I wanted.

Yeah you can make due with 4 it just depends to how much of your champion pool it caters for, as long as you are aware of what is missing in your runes and make sure to itemize for it. I use AD+arm pen mostly on my ADC's so unless I have a strong sustain support I will never start with Dorans blade since the sustain on it is not even close to enough without LS Quints

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Only thing i can suggest is picking up AS reds for junglers, because you actually have all the other basics pretty much covered. There are a good chunk of junglers that work better with AS for the first clear instead of AD. They are mostly AP/Tanky junglers, but enough are popular to warrant picking them up (Zac, Elise, Naut, etc.).
    Weirdly enough I still prefer AS runes on junglers that should do better with AD runes. Not sure why exactly, it just feels better, Think it's cause they still clear faster and end up with higher hp after a clear. It doesn't a massive difference imo since many champs can go either way. E.g. Yi has lower Q damage but gets more double attacks, Shyvana gets more q's and fury out but slightly lower burnout damage etc. With the exception of someone like Eve and one or two others having AD Quints and AS marks you can get away with any jungler with the correct mastery setup. I have had successful jungle morgana and zyra games using those runes even.

On that topic, jungle morg so much fun D:

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

However, I do have one critique for your page one. I would run Armor seals instead of the MR ones. If you want MR, put them on the glyphs. Armor reduces the AA harass good mid players will use. I don't run armor on one of my pages in favor of Mana regen, but I've also stopped using that page because mid has become more dangerous with all the assassins. I should probably change it so I have one with MR Glyphs and another with AP glyphs.
    I think I would just use my tank ones for Naut/Zac and I think I used AP runes for my one elise game but that went bad for a lot of reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    The AD/AS ones are for my tanky champions. It includes armor and mr/lvl +mr.

I definitely need a support rune page. Atm I am in a bit of a feast or famine situation when I am forced to support. I usually take Leona and use my Ap/Armor runes and then since I don't have gp5 quints, either I have to secure some early kills for my adc and get income like that or fall behind the other support. Even stale mates are bad for me. Luckily most games I have been able to get roles I wanted.

Yeah you can make due with 4 it just depends to how much of your champion pool it caters for, as long as you are aware of what is missing in your runes and make sure to itemize for it. I use AD+arm pen mostly on my ADC's so unless I have a strong sustain support I will never start with Dorans blade since the sustain on it is not even close to enough without LS Quints
    Yeah my GP5 help immensely. Especially considering I like to rush a philo if wee are ahead or just not behind. So that means I get that quicker which means I get even more gold on top of that. But like you I try to stay away from support so they don't come into much use.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2013-10-03 at 06:28 PM.

Yeah my yeah GP5 help immensely. Especially considering I like to rush a philo if wee are ahead or just not behind. So that means I get that quicker which means I get even more gold on top of that. But like you I try to stay away from support so they don't come into much use.
    It does help a lot but I personally don't like philosophers stone. It's not that gold efficient early, and I could be using the same gold to make someone like leona tankier and make ballsy plays safer. Hence for me playing her is a risk (I've just been lucky getting a positive win ratio with her in ranked) but moral is of the story is don't let Elial support. I think I can actually hear sobs on teamspeak when I go support with friends

Deleted
    Tbh I tend to rush Sightstone asap on pretty much every support I play.

Deleted
    Since this thread is active - also worth noting that this week the rune pages just went on 2 for 1 sale. If you happen to fancy more rune pages, it is definitely worth getting them now and getting double for your IP / RP

Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    It does help a lot but I personally don't like philosophers stone. It's not that gold efficient early, and I could be using the same gold to make someone like leona tankier and make ballsy plays safer. Hence for me playing her is a risk (I've just been lucky getting a positive win ratio with her in ranked) but moral is of the story is don't let Elial support. I think I can actually hear sobs on teamspeak when I go support with friends
    I don't have leona, but only rather risky all in supports like her would NEED the health vs it being debatable whether the extra gold/vision is better. To me the earlier you get philo the more efficient it is, the quicker you get it = more gold all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Since this thread is active - also worth noting that this week the rune pages just went on 2 for 1 sale. If you happen to fancy more rune pages, it is definitely worth getting them now and getting double for your IP / RP
    Yeah i saw that, then I noticed I have like 10 pages and I still only use 4

I started playing recently and bought 4 rune pages in the sale (2 for 1 with RP and 2 for 1 with IP) and now realize I don't have IP left to buy any new runes to put in there xD

Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    I started playing recently and bought 4 rune pages in the sale (2 for 1 with RP and 2 for 1 with IP) and now realize I don't have IP left to buy any new runes to put in there xD
    I feel ya, I always seem to prioritize everything over runes.

Deleted
    Would be useful if you could change your runes around in the champion select screen like you can do with Masteries really.