Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

This miracle scrip will fix lag and many other glitches in 5.4...no kidding.

I found this on Wow Forums a couple of days back. A Blue praised it and said they were aware of the problem but honestly weren't close to a fix.

Here is the script: /run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",1)

All you need to do is:

Step one...Highlight, right click and copy this script.

Step two...Go in game and paste the script in chat. Just open chat and put your cursor in it, and type Control V.

Step three...reload your Ui.

You are done. Enjoy your new lag free game. You will feel like you have a new computer. When I did this I cried tears of joy, I really did. I hadn't been able to raid all patch. Honestly, I was freezing up on Timeless Isle just soloing adds.

I AM FREE!!!

I'm too new to post a link, so to find the post on Wow Forums just go to the forums, and in the search bar enter...5.4 Glitches Very Very Important.

Enjoy my Brothers!!! I promise you this is the real deal. It will turn your cruddy laptop into a new sports car as far as playing this game.

A friendly Mod Edit: OP is refering to the thread on Blizzard's US forum, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8004811?page=1
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-03 at 07:02 AM.

Ty will give this a go tonight

I can confirm this to fix A LOT of ui, fps and lag issues in wow - for me at least.

I knew about it before, but thanks for posting it for the community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does the change persist after restarting the client or do I need to redo it?
    I don't really feel like I have any issues but might as well try it out in tonight's raid.

Noob question:

What does this script do? I would like to understand the command itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Noob question:

What does this script do? I would like to understand the command itself.
    Presumably it toggles off showing incoming heals on the default raid frames, but why that should have an effect on non-raid play is beyond me.

Edit: The thread referenced by OP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8004811?page=1

Deleted
    I might as well give it a try, too. During this whole expansion my fps has occasionally dropped drastically while in shrine of two moons for no apparent reason. When I run out, everything works normally. This doesn't happen anywhere else though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if this will help the IoC GY farms that lag me the hell out.

Deleted
    It toggles them on 0 would make them off, I am confused how this would make a positive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    It toggles them on 0 would make them off, I am confused how this would make a positive difference.

The variable could just be called differently in the code, ie "don't show incoming if this variable exists". They could have just named the variable "showincomingheals", added the feature, realized it was on by default and they needed a variable to disable it, and just used the existing one instead of modifying potentially hundreds of lines of code.

Or enabling it could be the actual fix. Who knows? ...who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this only for those who have default frames or it doesn't matter?

It is for pretty much anyone having issues, i suggest you try inputting the command anyway.

Also it seems to be per character, so if you are experiencing issues while playing one of your chars - input the code and restart wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    All ground effects got way harder to see after I enabled this, turning it back off!

the only lag issues that I have encountered were while in a group with players from other servers. I can easily tell when one joins or leaves the group, even when one dies just by watching the pauses in my frame rates.

the other issue that I have been having and ONLY on my paladin is that I will take damage when changing zones.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Does the change persist after restarting the client or do I need to redo it?
    It persists. Just run it once and you're good forever (or at least until the next patch).

I found this fix just after 5.4 came out, when my rogue was showing 100% energy all of the time (unfortunately it was only a display error :P). I first tried updating all my addons (mainly Grid/Prat/DBM, running default UI), then I disabled them all, then I ran a repair install, nothing worked. After some googling I found this command line and it fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Is this only for those who have default frames or it doesn't matter?
    Most non-default frames detect incoming heals using the same API as default raid frames (It'll help in both cases)

Though, it does kind of suck if you're a healer and having that info is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    All ground effects got way harder to see after I enabled this, turning it back off!
    please post how to turn it back off. since seeing ground effects is much more important than making the game work for a crap computer set up.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    please post how to turn it back off. since seeing ground effects is much more important than making the game work for a crap computer set up.
    My best guess would be: /run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",0)

Turn the 1 to a 0.

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    My best guess would be: /run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",0)

Turn the 1 to a 0.
    Yeah, this is what I did.
    I ran an LFR of Primordius and I could barely see the red pools even if I zoomed in on them.