Deleted

Elemental optimal opening

Prepot --> Lightning bolt --> Unleash Elements --> (combat starts) --> Fire Elemental Totem --> Flameshock --> LvB --> Stormlash --> Ascendance --> LvB spam

Assume you have PE, and that someone else is casting Heroism/Timewarp.
    Assume this is a patchwerk fight.
    UE for an extra trinket proc chance.
    NEVER precast FE if you have PE!
    Stormlash in rotation for everyones benefit.
    Last edited by mmoc0efb686282; 2013-10-01 at 01:35 PM.

it's flame shock-->stormlash-->LvB-->Ascendance. (Ascendance is off global cd, storm lash isn't). First flame shock tick occurs during LvB cast, so we're not running into possibility of lava surge proc going to waste.

Deleted
    Appreciate the feedback, was watching leeds earlier.
    He was using pre - LB - UE - LvB - FS - SL - ascen, guessing it has to do with UE impv. fire dmg and if you shoot LvB + FS both benefit right?

Yep, both benefit from it, not exactly sure if it's worth doing that without flame shock already applied on target and even if it was it's really minimal.
    Also, with LB-UE-LVB-FS-SL-Ascendance you're guaranteed to waste first lava surge (Opposed to LB-UE-FS-SL-LVB/LVB(proc)-Ascendance).
    Also, Heroism isn't on gcd :P.

I'm not going to put in the prepot b/c its a given, but if I'm using EB, I'll start with EB>Lust(if starting with it)>FS>FE>LvB>Ascendance. I always ask if I can pop lust so I can fit it in right before my FS, so it can get the haste from it, and it fits in without a GCD. Fire ele totem next, followed by a LvB to engage his attack, and immediately into ascendance. I'm in a 25 man guild, so I don't hit stormlast first because it fucks with my opener, so our resto shaman does.

If you're using UE, LB>UE>Lust>LvB>FS>Asc
    If you're using PE, FE>Lust>FS>LvB>Asc

Open to any criticism with reasons why, always looking to improve.
    Wonderlube- Ele shaman (Illidan)

I was under the impression that DoTs update dynamically now, so when you get a haste or crit buff, DoTs already on the target gain the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    I was under the impression that DoTs update dynamically now, so when you get a haste or crit buff, DoTs already on the target gain the effect.
    As far as I'm aware, the rule of thumb for dots is: Buffs to you> DoTs> Debuffs to target.

As far as I know DoTs snapshot, but pets or guardians update dynamically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    As far as I know DoTs snapshot, but pets or guardians update dynamically.
    Pretty sure this is correct

What I now do:

Primal Elementalist: Prepot, Precast LvB > FS > SL > Fire Elemental** (+Eng Gloves /on use Int) > Ascendance (+ Heroism) > LvB
    *(EotE arguably better for AoE openers, like dark shaman, ***Ele Mastery arguably better opener on single target where you do not Heroism)
    Unleashed Fury: Prepot+Fire Ele(+ Gloves/on use?) > LB > UE > LvB > FS > SL > Ascendance (+ Heroism)
    Elemental Blast: Prepot+Fire Ele > EB > FS > LvB > SL > Ascendance (+Heroism)

*If not using Hero at start (and assuming legendary gem), can sub with Elemental Mastery, although UF with EotE are best used in combination
    **Can Ascendance with FE drop if lazy... but will waste 1 gcd lol... To me it feels weird having 2 "empty" gcds.
    ***Elemental Mastery is amazing when not heroing at the start, and ensures optimal Ascendance damage, especially with Mastery builds if haste is fairly low... trolls should just take EotE though, lucky bastards... Definitely fun to play around with / or on fights with frequent / fairly predictable burst windows, or you just like to cast fast.

Fights which frequently/unpredictably need burst AoE, I go PE (Dark Shaman, Galakras...)
    Fights single target with movement, I do UF.
    Fights with predictable movement, single target, and / or occasional solo add with hit points, EB. (Example, Sha of pride when on add duty.)

2-3 sec left to pull I start with FE > prepot > EB(if talented)/ LB > Bloodlust/TW > FS > UE(if UF talented) >> SL >> ascmacro, LvBs. I like it and think its optimal, use to burst between 700k up to 1 mil single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    2-3 sec left to pull I start with FE > prepot > EB(if talented)/ LB > Bloodlust/TW > FS > UE(if UF talented) >> SL >> ascmacro, LvBs. I like it and think its optimal, use to burst between 700k up to 1 mil single target.
    looks to me like you waste a lava burst since it's not on CD according to your list when you pop ascendance

For UF I use
    [Pre FET, Prepot Pre-Lb], SL, (Hero), FS, UE, LvB, (LvB procs), Ascendance

EB
    [Pre FET, Prepot Pre-Lb], SL, (Hero), FS, LvB, EB, (LvB procs), Ascendance

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    looks to me like you waste a lava burst since it's not on CD according to your list when you pop ascendance
    True. Also when UF talented I switched a bit. Gonna use UE, LvB then FS

Why would you LvB before FS?

Deleted
    Wrong. Flame shock needs to be on the target when Lvb cast time is finished for it to benefit. However, the UE buff will buff LvB as soon as the cast is finished, but won't get consumed until LvB hits the target, so you can squeeze in a flame shock during the travel time.

OT: I've recently changed to something simillar after the 10second reduction on trinket duration, as you now can't always get full uptime on ascendance and both trinkets.
    Last edited by mmoca551fea510; 2013-10-06 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    1. Pre-pot
    2. Pre-Greater Fire Elemental
    3. Bloodlust (when pull timer hits 0 or 0,5)
    4. Flame Shock
    5. Unleash Elements
    6. LvB
    7. Ascendance
    8. LvB

With EB i just skip step 5 and pre-cast EB aswell pre-pull.

Save SL till after Ascendance to get full use on trinket procs+skullbanner coupled with Ascendance.

Usually does the trick for me.
    Last edited by mmocacb1eadbce; 2013-10-07 at 12:12 PM.

I took Elemental Blast as the level 90 talent, and always start with that just as the tank is going to pull so that when the spell is travelling through the air the tank would have just pulled and I don't get smacked in the face. This is so I have more secondary stats for some of my initial Ascendance burst.

Ive been seeing this a lot, and I wouldn't recommend pre-casting EB.

No matter which way you do it, you're only going to get one EB before going into ascedance, And EB is going the be the first spell casting after ascendance ends. We should all be able to agree on that.

However, when you cast EB on pre-pull, not only are you using a higher DPET spell to activate and not benefit from trinkets/LMG/Enchants, you're not letting the buff from EB buff your highest damage phase (Ascendance).

If you cast LiB on pull, the LiB procs all if not most of your effects, then use flame shock, now benefited from LMG. Next use UE, this helps pad the time for more procs to start. Next cast Lava Burst, this timing is almost perfect, as after you begin casting LvB, the first tick of FS is going off, giving a chance at an instant LvB after the hardcasted one, doubledipping the UE buff. This is rare-ish, but very nice when it happens. After LvB, cast EB. Not only does this EB get buffed by an additional 10k-15k intellect, AND clearcasting from lava burst (+15%, compounding with possible crits, and 7% from flametongue), into ascendance. 2/3 times this will give you either haste or mastery, which will both benefit Ascendance for the next 8 seconds.

ultimately, you still cast 1 EB before ascendance, but you get so much more out of it by doing so.

TL;DR, casting EB right before Ascendance and not on prepull is better.
    Last edited by Zixan; 2013-10-07 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by songare View Post
    If I remember correctly, it's to get the buff from UE applied to both LvB and FS; FS will hit the mob before LvB due to LvB's travel time.
    If you open with UE>LvB>FS your LvB wont get the +50% from FS. So it's not worth it. The game checks for FS at cast rather then hit. That also means if you finish an LvB cast right before FS ticks out it will still get the +50% dmg increase.