Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    The none of these both should be called "winner car-pulling", right?
    One should called: "winner pulling 1982 suburban, with legs shackled" and the other one should be called: "winner car-pulling 2010 smart".
    The we all know what we are talking about.

If you want to have a title "winner car-puller", then any allowed car, under allowed rules are valid.
    Its a different game, governed by different people.

It'd be like certain countries refusing to attend the REAL Olympics, which are hosted by the Olympic committee, then making their own "Olympics" and proclaiming their champions as better than the rest. Even though those champions ran a 40m instead of a 50m.

- - - Updated - - -

The none of these both should be called "winner car-pulling", right?
    One should called: "winner pulling 1982 suburban, with legs shackled" and the other one should be called: "winner car-pulling 2010 smart".
    The we all know what we are talking about.

If you want to have a title "winner car-puller", then any allowed car, under allowed rules are valid.
    Its a different game, governed by different people.

It'd be like certain countries refusing to attend the REAL Olympics, which are hosted by the Olympic committee, then making their own "Olympics" and proclaiming their champions as better than the rest. Even though those champions ran a 40m instead of a 50m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?

Why are people discriminating against the Chinese/Asia. Do you think they are "lesser people".

Lable the kill "EU/US FIRST" sure but not "WORLD FIRST" that is just not accurate you are devaluing the Chinese/Asia they play this game also and are just as much a part of it as you.

I expect allot of EU/US is harder, Chinese/Asin's had better kit etc etc, but no just no! They should not apply at all they still got the "WORLD FIRST HEROIC".
    Whats the different between real life Olympics and Paralympics?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Whats the different between real life Olympics and Paralympics?
    That is the wrong question! :-)
    better one is: Why are they named differently?

And what is the difference between "world first" and "world first"?

Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?

Why are people discriminating against the Chinese/Asia. Do you think they are "lesser people".

Lable the kill "EU/US FIRST" sure but not "WORLD FIRST" that is just not accurate you are devaluing the Chinese/Asia they play this game also and are just as much a part of it as you.

I expect allot of EU/US is harder, Chinese/Asin's had better kit etc etc, but no just no! They should not apply at all they still got the "WORLD FIRST HEROIC".
    Since they started using gear from harder content to defeat easier content. Did You consider LK 10 hc world first icc hc clear? You shouldn't cause it was easier and noone cared. SoO 10 man on chinese servers are far easier than SoO 25 man. Thus not part of the race, however they can still fight for a world second 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    They have 2 resets a week. 10 and 25 are seperate lockouts. Normal and heroic are seperate lockouts. Gear can be upgraded 4 times. iLvl is higher by default.

Why does China/Asia have this special circumstance? Sounds like they have more privileges than the US/EU if thats the case

10+ Year Old Account
    Then should the kills not be labeled "WORLD FIRST (EU/US CLIENT)" Or something i still do not see the logic.. FIRST means to kill something first and WORLD means everyone.

They both fit into the WORLD and FIRST criteria regardless of difficulty.
    First of all, i don't really care about world firsts.
    But i'll have to repeat what others have said: in Asia they have separate lockouts. It's as if, say, a EU guild found a way to run both heroic and normal every week. That would give an unfair edge over other players, and even if they were first to kill Garrosh heroic, they wouldn't be regarded as first.

However, in Asia the separate lockouts are part of the game rules. When you're changing the rules, you're playing something that's like a different game. So i can understand those who put the asian records in a second place compared to EU/US.

Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    The reasoning people have is because they had higher ilvl gear without 10 man being scaled higher, in china they are able to upgrade their gear four times and I think the 25 man loot is also higher ilvl. Not to mention they have separate lockouts for 10 and 25 man.

It's just not fair to compare it with eu and us with the obvious buffs they have in comparison.
    This reason ^

The answer is when Blizzard changed their rules.

Blizzard really fucked up this time.

Deleted

Apply the logic of my former question and look at the respectable 100m sprint record... hell, they even differntiate between men and women.

Blizzard does not govern the Asian game, hence why we have different world firsts.

Because in essence it it cheating and going against the spirit of the game. If you want to get REALLY technical you could say that the world first went to the people who downed him on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

I don't think Blizzard makes those rules. Its a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

5.2 AFAIK. and blizzard couldn't care less about "the race".

So basically what I am getting out of this is that Method got World First Heroic and the Asian team (yeah, I don't even know their name) got World First ParaHeroic?

I can live with that.

Asia's 10H are shaky because they're "tuned" for 10H ilvl but ppl can come in with 25H gear.
    However I would still consider 25H in asia a fair game, because while they do get more gear/ higher ilvls the bosses are also tuned to bigger numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    they still play wow. bosses have 10-15% more health and deal more damage. it just sucks that asias accomplishments gets swept under the rug. oh well que sera, sera apocalypse got 10m H method got 25m H. GG to both
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    they still play wow. bosses have 10-15% more health and deal more damage. it just sucks that asias accomplishments gets swept under the rug. oh well que sera, sera apocalypse got 10m H method got 25m H. GG to both
    Probably since this board is for the western audience. They get their prestige on eastern WoW fansites. Your life will go on, even if the western community doesnt aknowledge their "feat".

You're twisting around the substance of the argument--it's about whether or not it is the "same race" due to fundamental differences in regards to both structure (particularly, raid resets) and toolkit (loot, different ways to maximize/capitalize on loot/droprates).

You can look at it the technical way and stamp "first" on the Asian kill, which is valid; or, you can collect the facts and draw the conclusion that we're looking at two seperate races, which is also valid.

Honestly, 99% of the people on MMO would have likely had no idea a non-Western guild killed Garrosh "first" had they not briefly skimmed through on the front page news feed, and you're likely to be one of them.
    <Washed Up Scrubs> - Mal'Ganis (US)
    Visit my stream! I stream every night starting at 9 PM EST.
    Also, be sure to visit my YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    The problem is all semantics. We tend to think of the World First kill as the best kill. It is not Asia's fault they play under a different rule set. Thus they get a "World First" kill. The kill has less meaning because the rule set in NA/EU is different adding a greater deal of challenge. We simply have to get past the idea that World First is the most prestigious kill.

Well it is Asia's fault they have different rule set. They asked for it. From what I've heard 10man heroic in Asia is same difficulty as NA/EU but if you look at their avg item lvl it was 573+ compared to a lot of the top 10man heroic guilds in NA/EU which were around 560+. Thats a huge difference. When you looked at one of the players that killed heroic garrosh. They had 3 kills in each boss while it was only possible for NA/EU to have 2 max. So that was a whole other "week" of loot which right now in raiding scene is a game changer.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are lesser in terms of gaming. They have an unfair advantage so no, their kill doesn't count as much as the rest.