Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    this thread about why players with twice the lockouts and the ability to run raids 4 times each week should not be included in the race to world first still going?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

another topic is "When did private servers with spawnable legendary rings and GM commands stop being part of the "WORLD"?"

The funny fact is that China has more subs than eu+us combined and yet people call it the "world"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Just because some guild had lockout advantages does not rule out they got the first kill. They got the kill WHILE playing wow on Planet Earth. They did not do the kill on the Moon or Mars, or even in orbit around the Earth. First kill in the world is China. First kill that has a 7 day lockout in the world was Method.
    Do you not understand how it works? The world first race has been going on since WoW existed.

Blizzard then changed the rules and gave APAC an advantage. Thus this are disqualified from the World 1st competition. This isn't discounting the accomplishment by any means.

Let's just call it the west race or the EU/US race so people will stop getting butthurt when Asia gets a world first.

World first with a huge advantage is still world first. Unfair, maybe, but world first nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    But please explain why they get better gear then rest of us do ...how come....are they any better then rest of the world...I don't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    They got the World First. It's just that we are focused on EU/US, because we have the same mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    But please explain why they get better gear then rest of us do ...how come....are they any better then rest of the world...I don't think so.
    because world of warcraft in asia as a whole, works entirely different to the game u play on EU/US realms, the fact that it is a franchise rather than actually direct from blizzard is one major factor, secondly, the way the asians play games is kinda similar to how EU/US played games back when WoW was released, they have a high tolerance to grind, and prefer that gameplay model than say the uber casual clear shit once and be done with it model blizz implemented in cataclysm for the rest of the world, also, in asia, WoW is played and payed for, by the hour, not on a monthly/yearly subscription, and alot of players in asia, while they belong to a guild in game, alot of the time play at cyber cafés and are in public, where they may have a premium on game time, i.e. certain places may have a maximum use policy where u can only use a machine for say 3 hours max per person, so that's a thing, it is very complicated but i hope u get the jist of what i'm saying.

I'm surprised people are still bickering over this, even after all this time.

Technically yeah, they were world first. But that's like saying an internal blizzard testing team that beat it when they were designing the fight was the world first. When you follow different rules, you aren't part of the same content. That is how contests work, its WHY contests work, everyone is held to the same standards and has to obey the same rules. If you are having a race, you cant make 75% of the people have to go across the whole track, then have a little shortcut only 25% of the people are allowed to use. It invalidates the contest and makes it meaningless.

That is why the asia world first isn't the legit world first. They had multiple advantages over US/EU players due to the fact their version of WOW follows drastically different game rules. If you wanna get butt hurt over people not giving props to the asian guild for world first, go ahead, but no one with any sense is going to consider them world first when they don't follow the same rules as everyone else in the competition. It makes no sense to even try to hold them to the same standard.

They did well to beat the other asian guilds. But they aren't in the same world first race everyone else is.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

OP because they get 3-4 times more gear in a week than we do not to mention what everyone else said about ilvl and upgrades and their 25m is scaled the exact way as ours if i recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    because they are AREA 51 testing area for blizzard so we dont get all buggy misscaled bullshit

Because to be part of the same race, you have to be playing by the same rules. How much simpler can you get?

I mean, imagine holding a Formula one race with representatives from all over the world. Sounds simple enough, right? Now imagine that all the European Drivers were forced to start a lap after all the North American ones. I guess you could still balance that out by just calculating the difference of the one lap when figuring overall times to see who actually completed the race with the "best" time.

However, then imagine we add the Asian drivers. The asian drivers are credited two laps for every one lap they make (double Instance resets per week), AND they are allowed to drive a more powerful car (Higher base Item levels). How exactly to you "balance" that against the other people who are playing by completely different rules to calculate a proper "best time".

The simple answer is: you dont. They are not participating in the same race. End of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?
    The most commonly accepted answer to this question is yet spoken out in a 1000 different threads on this forum.

They aren't part of the same race because they play under different rules. They have different raid lockouts and loot which makes the 10 man Garrosh kill they achieved far easier than what the "West" guilds faced.

The asian guilds can do 10 AND 25 man in the same raid lockout meaning they gear far faster.

The gear Asian guilds get from 25 player raids is 8 ilvl higher than anything "west" guilds can get (it starts out 8 ilvl higher than a regular item for a western guild and then can be upgraded a further 2 times).

The 25 player raid bosses in Asia are tuned higher to compensate for this increased gear ilvl... However the asian guild that got "world 1st" got all the gear advantages available to them from increased ilvl 25 player loot and then killed the boss on 10 player which is tuned the same in Asia as it is for "west" guilds.

If I remember correctly the Asian guild that got the 1st heroic garrosh 10 man kill had an ilvl 8-10 higher than all the top American and European guilds for the reasons above... That's a gigantic difference.

Having Asian guilds in the same race as West guilds would be like allowing them to enter a bicycle race on a motorcycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Just because some guild had lockout advantages does not rule out they got the first kill. They got the kill WHILE playing wow on Planet Earth. They did not do the kill on the Moon or Mars, or even in orbit around the Earth. First kill in the world is China. First kill that has a 7 day lockout in the world was Method.
    If someone got the "world 1st" Garrosh heroic kill on a private server would you count them in the world 1st race too ? They'd still be killing the boss and be on planet earth. I don't really see the difference...
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-10-20 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like the bullsh-- with Ensidia during Wrath. If specific favorites don't get the World First then clearly it didn't count.

Asia got world first. Cry more if you can't handle it or go outside imho.

/end

Somehow I'm not too surprised that the company that frequents this forum does not understand the definition of the words "world" and "first".

13 pages of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Somehow I'm not too surprised that the company that frequents this forum does not understand the definition of the words "world" and "first".

13 pages of it already.
    I killed Herroic Garrosh approximately 40 seconds after my private server went live with the new patch data. I win.

Now what exactly is your point? Oh, right. You dont understand the definition of the word "context".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that so many get hung up on the word world.
    Of cos it is a world wide race in a sense but there is one thing more important than World and it is Race.
    For god sake use some tiny ammount of brain capacity and understand the meaning of context.
    Only regions playing under more or less the same conditions are allowed in that sense which rule out China by a mile.
    Yea US realms open a few hours before EU yada yada now compare that to having twice the ammount of lockouts among other things.

The term world first was born long before most of current regions of the world even had access to the game, more or less US/EU.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-10-20 at 09:44 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    World first with a huge advantage is still world first. Unfair, maybe, but world first nonetheless.
    They got the World First Asian Heroic Difficulty kill. Not the World First Occidental Heroic Difficulty one. Occidental Heroic Difficulty is harder, and thus considered the real challenge. There was a World First Normal Mode Kill too, but it's not the one people will remember, is it? Same thing applies here.

It's a shame they can't even try the hardest difficulty because their WoW is different and that they are "forced" to play on their own league, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world should forget about the differences that made that earlier kill possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?

Why are people discriminating against the Chinese/Asia. Do you think they are "lesser people".

Lable the kill "EU/US FIRST" sure but not "WORLD FIRST" that is just not accurate you are devaluing the Chinese/Asia they play this game also and are just as much a part of it as you.

I expect allot of EU/US is harder, Chinese/Asin's had better kit etc etc, but no just no! They should not apply at all they still got the "WORLD FIRST HEROIC".

Chinese first kills I thought come much later than world first kills because the expansions are released at a later time in China due to strict government censorship and ideological policing.