Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thok Video - Max 99 Stacks No Phase 2 - New Record!

Last week I posted a video of 65 stacks, this week we didn't quite manage to get Thok heroic so we did this instead!

BTW, Thok only goes to 99 stacks! Enjoy

Sorry my cam wasn't available for this stream : ( No bear hat.

haha nice video ! im sure youll get thok next week ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice...but....is it bad you made me think of 99 LFR stacks?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nice...but....is it bad you made me think of 99 LFR stacks?
    Blue post said he gets no stack in LFR.

Finally, I've seen a few references in this thread, and elsewhere, to Thok. The change made to Thok last week was entirely a bugfix. Based on our final days of Raid Finder testing on PTR, we decided to completely disable the Acceleration mechanic that increases Thok's energy generation in Raid Finder, since he changes phases based on health % thresholds in that mode. That change inadvertently removed the mechanic from all difficulties, and the 20-hour time period for which the bug was active represents the time it took us to track down the cause, implement a fix, and test that fix before applying it to the live environment. Thok's current energy regen rate is identical to the values seen for the better part of PTR testing. Had we changed nothing, Thok would have been the easiest encounter in the zone rather than one of the more challenging ones, and we are always going to fix bugs that completely trivialize raid encounters. That was a bug that we fixed ASAP. The upcoming Norushen adjustments, however, are design changes that we're going to roll out along with raid resets next week so that they affect everyone equally.
    Source.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-10-01 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really impressive stuff!

Do you have a log of that available? Would love to see the healing going out.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, cheers man
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Fun fact: This was our original Heroic 25m Thok strategy and we managed to execute it with 10 healers. Once we reached about 20%, the Blizzard encounter team managed to push a hotfix through which made Acceleration with >=30 stacks on heroic deal 3 times the original damage. Rage ensued!

only in 10 man.

but still great work

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Fun fact: This was our original Heroic 25m Thok strategy and we managed to execute it with 10 healers. Once we reached about 20%, the Blizzard encounter team managed to push a hotfix through which made Acceleration with >=30 stacks on heroic deal 3 times the original damage. Rage ensued!
    Lol that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeTova View Post
    Yeah, I updated the description to have it as well.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/z51vt...?s=9223&e=9497
    prot pally is balanced no rly

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    You should feel bad. We kept wiping upon reaching > 30 stacks on 25 HC and were wondering why, until somebody checked the logs and saw that it did 3x as much damage :s No tooltip fixes/dungeon journal fixes were given that day!

Prot pally op yes, still glad to be back on my bear! I had to pally last tier.

That's some nice healing/tanking there, props for the vid.

side question, what is the global font ur using (dmg numbers overhead/annoucements)?

I miss your bear hat =(

Thanks! And the bear hat is not gone, it will be back in the videos soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    That's some nice healing/tanking there, props for the vid.

side question, what is the global font ur using (dmg numbers overhead/annoucements)?
    The font is xirod.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only this worked on Heroic... JK Heroic is a pushover anyways

well it 10 man normal.. but yeh gz its still pretty cool to see . On 25 HC 30 stacks will get your raid 1 shot
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

How are you guys barely taking any damage? Screech hits for about 450k physical yet your health pool on ALL raiders barely drops by even 20%.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I was just taking a look through our logs, on average Deafening Screech is hitting for 250k. With Healing Rain, Efflorescence, rejuvs, eternal flames and bubbles that damage doesn't last very long : )