Anyone sim'd Crit/Mastery SV w/TotH?

With TotH and 4pc bonus for SV, there's a lot of free or inexpensive shot spamming, drastically reducing the amount of overall focus and number of cobra shots needed. I was thinking this should greatly reduce the value of haste, perhaps making Crit/Mastery SV viable? Has anyone tried or sim'd it?

I figure crit/mastery is at its strongest on extended cleave fights like protectors, Galakras, and maybe Dark Shamans. Especially so if you use trinket procs to get hyper-charged serpent stings on everything.

I'm simming crit>mast>haste with my gear.

As usual the stats are going to be so close together this tier that no one will be able to simply say "I simmed this and it said this so this is the best" as it will change on a player by player basis depending on your gear and small changes in fight duration/target uptimes. I highly suggest you learn how to use Simcraft properly if you want to keep yourself optimized this tier because you will likely be resimming myself for every spec with every 60/90 talent choice when you get major upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    As usual the stats are going to be so close together this tier that no one will be able to simply say "I simmed this and it said this so this is the best" as it will change on a player by player basis depending on your gear and small changes in fight duration/target uptimes. I highly suggest you learn how to use Simcraft properly if you want to keep yourself optimized this tier because you will likely be resimming myself for every spec with every 60/90 talent choice when you get major upgrades.
    everytime i sim even without changing anything i get dif results.

haste mastery crit
    crit mastery haste
    crit haste mastery
    mastery crit haste

betwen 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    That's weird. There's bound to be differences but the changes from RNG (remember RNG still exists at 50,000 iterations) should never be enough to change your stat weights.

On the original topic I got my 4set last night and this is what I'm getting. Survival TotH aMoC is simming the highest single target DPS for myself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

haste mastery crit
    crit mastery haste
    crit haste mastery
    mastery crit haste

betwen 1000.
    Are the weights all within like .05 of one another? I saw the same thing as BM when that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    Are the weights all within like .05 of one another? I saw the same thing as BM when that was the case.
    not really, i could sim again and post some logs i probably doing something wrong idk, i was getting something like crit 3.07 haste 3.63 mastery 3.75 then i was getting crit 3.64 mastery 3.66 haste 3.02

wild jumps. i was using only 1000 iterations. so this is probably my issue.

still is all over the place, i would say get crit to 50%, haste to 12k so you get CS to 1 sec while RF is up and FF. after that stack the shit out of mastery. it should be posible since i think im close to 9-10k haste and like 55% crit full buff.

1000 iterations is going to cause a lot of problems. That is your issue.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    not really, i could sim again and post some logs i probably doing something wrong idk, i was getting something like crit 3.07 haste 3.63 mastery 3.75 then i was getting crit 3.64 mastery 3.66 haste 3.02

wild jumps. i was using only 1000 iterations. so this is probably my issue.

still is all over the place, i would say get crit to 50%, haste to 12k so you get CS to 1 sec while RF is up and FF. after that stack the shit out of mastery. it should be posible since i think im close to 9-10k haste and like 55% crit full buff.
    Yeah 1k iterations is pretty much a waste of CPU processing I found, roll with 10k.

Got H AoQ last night and that thing is a hilarious game changer. With Black Arrow on a 16 second cooldown, you get a nearly endless supply of explosive shots. I casted 153 explosive shots and only 90 cobra shots over the 10.5 minute Galakras fight. Pretty sure I had periods of 20+ explosive shots without casting a cobra shot.

Haste v Mastery is probably pretty trivial, though, since the only change is reforging gear. All yellow gem slots will will still be agi/crit.

Too bad mastery isn't stronger, go back to the cata days of explosive shot hitting like a truck.
    Last edited by Snickerdoodlez; 2013-10-03 at 09:11 PM.