Do active guilds exist?

After not deciding to move on the last time I had issues with my guild, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ding-etiquette,
    I got annoyed tonight by the lack of activity.

Out of the 12-13 raiders that we rotate, tonight a raid night, only 6 showed up on a progression raid.

I feel its time to move on to a more active envriroment with people with similar dedication.

The question, and the point of the thread, is are there dedicated guilds? And if they exist, why would they take me - supposing they would/should already be full?
    As a side question, how popular are 20+ hours/week raiding guilds? Do they exist or are they very rare?

I kind want to be prepared what I will have to deal with, while searching.

Deleted
    Check the recruit forums here and scan wow progress for a guild that has the sort of progress you'd like and any guild worth their salt would tell you what you need to know in their recruit post.

At least one exists; I'm in it. If people don't show up consistently, they won't have a spot as soon as we can fill it. Our roster is large enough to accommodate the occasional missed day (or to adjust to a better comp for a particular boss), but it's not something we tolerate regularly. We're not recruiting right now (and hopefully we won't be any time soon because that would mean we lost a really good player), but the type of guild you describe does exist.

We raid ~21h/week, but we put in some extra hours during early progression or if we're really close to a kill. We're back to our regular schedule this week. I don't know how rare this actually is. It doesn't seem very rare if you're looking for a highly ranked guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    The question, and the point of the thread, is are there dedicated guilds?
    Lots of them. I guess the catch is that the guilds with active members that aren't constantly struggling don't need to recruit much, so you don't really see them. Lots of guilds have been doing fine for a long time, though. I've been raiding with the same guild since 2006, and we're still doing fine (though the server suffers from a slight case of being dead).

As a side question, how popular are 20+ hours/week raiding guilds? Do they exist or are they very rare?
    I assume they're rare. Few people have time for that much raiding, and there's not enough content to meaningfully fill 20 hours per week aside from just after a content patch.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

You'll find that a lot of average 10man guilds run with very small rosters and having people not show up means not raiding/finding pugs. If you want to find a place where there is always going to be a raid on look at 25man guilds, they generally have a roster of 30-40 people.

When you find a guild you are interested in look at their logs. In most cases a guild would be very willing to replace a member who is underperforming or average at best. If you want to make your way into a guild that is already developed you will need to be joining with a plan to take the spot of a current raider meaning you must be better than they are. I can't say much for 20 hr per week guilds since I'm from Australia and the raiding scene here is sort of limited to under 10 guilds that actually know what they're doing.

Honestly more detail with your question could help, you haven't mentioned what sort of guild you are looking for aside from "dedicated" which leaves a lot of assumptions for me to make. Do you want a progression focused guild who raid 50 hrs during progression then slows down to 12 afterwards or what?

My guild has been raiding progression since it formed in (I think) april 2005. Casual guild though with jobs and girlfriends etc, think they were ranked around 700 in the world for Throne of Thunder (13/13) heroic and (though a little late to the party) killed Garrosh on normal last week. Active guilds exist, but all guilds have issues and you just have to prepare for them and work through them.

Thing is that you will find even the best guilds (perhaps short of the very best) can have issues with players not turning up (maybe due to burnout, maybe lack of motivation) and recruitment of new players is a constantly ongoing process for every guild. Not many players stay in for the long haul. I've been in my guild since the end of TBC patch 3.0, but only raided T7-10, a few weeks in T11, a short while in T13 and a short while in T14. And perhaps I let my guild down, but they found a replacement, good guilds will always find replacements. Good players are around in the bucketload and good guilds who want to raid will always find the players to do it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Dont forget to take a look at your server. Sometimes finding an active guild means taking the plunge and moving off a low pop. The server I was on started hemorrhaging good players (and guilds) at the end of wrath. By the time the Pandas came to visit, we didnt have a single guild in the top 1000 US. Now that I moved to Illidan, there are more guilds recruiting to know what to do with. You not only find active guilds, you can choose your favorite raiding schedule just watching trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    After not deciding to move on the last time I had issues with my guild, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ding-etiquette,
    I got annoyed tonight by the lack of activity.

Out of the 12-13 raiders that we rotate, tonight a raid night, only 6 showed up on a progression raid.

I feel its time to move on to a more active envriroment with people with similar dedication.

The question, and the point of the thread, is are there dedicated guilds? And if they exist, why would they take me - supposing they would/should already be full?

I kind want to be prepared what I will have to deal with, while searching.
    There are lots of active guilds. Much, much less so on medium/low pop servers.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

While that scene isn't really growing much there certainly are enough guilds that are still active. I wouldn't put too much trust in guild raiding schedules on wowprogress though.

Deleted
    I'd try moving to a more populated server. My guild is currently 110ish on silvermoon-eu with 7/14, that means A LOT of guilds. But the problem being, when raids start at 20, you need to start logging in at 19 minimum, 1000ish ques at raid times. So yea, more populated but not overpopulated.

When you find a guild you are interested in look at their logs. In most cases a guild would be very willing to replace a member who is underperforming or average at best. If you want to make your way into a guild that is already developed you will need to be joining with a plan to take the spot of a current raider meaning you must be better than they are.
    Regarding what I quoted, what are the chances those underperforming person is a close friend or even a brother to the better players, therefore playing better than him won't actually matter because they are carrying him?

not serious: if you look at wowprogress, you will see that there are no more active guilds.

serious: go to wowprogress.com. find guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer the question literally... Yes, there are active guilds.
    The most active guild I've ever seen exists on Stormrage US... It's a meta guild construct made of sub guilds, all connected together.
    Opponent. They're currently 5/14H as Wowprogress shows. Atm there's a total of 20 raid teams, for pretty much every flavor.

There's always room for recruits.
    http://www.opponent-guild.com/
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    If you are unhappy in the guild you are in maybe it is time you start to look, there are endless guilds recruiting. Heck if your a casual you fexi raid without leaving your server.

Yes but it depends largely on what you need in a guild. For example, I have set times I can raid and this is proving to be the biggest hurdle in looking at other guilds, because most of them seem to raid past my cut-off time, and it's not possible for me to raid later than that. The biggest thing I will say is if you post a recruitment thread or whatever, be prepared for people to post seemingly copy/paste guild recruitment things without actually reading your post at all. When I've posted, even with it in big bold letters spelling out the absolute latest I can raid, nearly all of the responses I got were from guilds raiding past that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Yes but it depends largely on what you need in a guild. For example, I have set times I can raid and this is proving to be the biggest hurdle in looking at other guilds, because most of them seem to raid past my cut-off time, and it's not possible for me to raid later than that. The biggest thing I will say is if you post a recruitment thread or whatever, be prepared for people to post seemingly copy/paste guild recruitment things without actually reading your post at all. When I've posted, even with it in big bold letters spelling out the absolute latest I can raid, nearly all of the responses I got were from guilds raiding past that time.
    Wait until you get a job. You won't be able to raid because they start too early. :|
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.