Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] Warcraft Movie Release Date: December 18, 2015

https://www.facebook.com/legendary/p...28393810577031

Legendary Pictures’ WARCRAFT, based upon Blizzard Entertainment’s globally-renowned universe, will be released by Universal Pictures on Friday, December 18, 2015. WARCRAFT marks the first film dated under the recently formed partnership between Universal and Legendary.

The film, an epic adventure of world-colliding conflict, will be directed by Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) and is written by Charles Leavitt and Duncan Jones. The producers are Charles Roven and Alex Gartner for Atlas Entertainment and Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni for Legendary. Stuart Fenegan, Jillian Share and Brent O’Connor will serve as executive producers. Blizzard’s Chris Metzen will co-produce.
    Finally some real news. Looks like this thing might actually see the light of day after all.

Deleted
    Wow.. that long? But atleast we got a date now!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffer View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/legendary/p...28393810577031

Finally some real news. Looks like this thing might actually see the light of day after all.
    Duncan Jones, the director & writer of Moon and director of Souce Code. That's interesting.

Charles Roven has produced a lot of really good films, most notably The Dark Knight. Alex Gartner... eh... the guy's stand out work is Get Smart?... and some random cheeseball thrillers.

Thomas Tull has had his fingers in pretty much half of everything that managed to be nerdy, but interesting that Legendary's put out in the past 6 years. Jon Jashni is Legendary's Alex Gartner.

The rest have all worked on Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Comic/Game orientated movies. It seems they've assembled the Avengers of geek movie producers. I'm curious as to how this'll turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That's a lot of names I've never heard of.
    Thats where google comes in girl.

This should be interesting. The lore in WoW is at times great and I'm not even a lore geek.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Two years to change that date a hundred times. I won't believe a real release date until a couple days before said release date.

Deleted
    sadly looks like Colin Farrell is in talks to play the lead-role....oh well way to ruin a movie before it's even been made, bloke is a douche

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDougieM View Post
    sadly looks like Colin Farrell is in talks to play the lead-role....oh well way to ruin a movie before it's even been made, bloke is a douche
    Well, it could have been Affleck

I like a lot of Affleck's stuff. I like a lot of Farrell's stuff. This movie is going to be campy anyways, might as well add a face to it.

I liked Moon and Source Code, but Warcraft could never possibly be anywhere near that level of... I don't know, depth?

I think Jack Gleeson should play Anduin, just throwing that out there.

I just can't envision Warcraft as a live-action movie. It just doesn't work for me, but hopefully I will be surprised.

I'd assume it'd look like a LotR style thing, I at least hope the CG is decent...

Any news if it's going to be a re-telling of previous loe, or be it's own plot?

I'm personally hopping for actual Warcraft lore. Considering most lore set up in WoW's time is God-awful and I seriously doubt they'd be able to add new stuff in a movie. I'd love to see Arthas' story told, or the Aspects and Deathwing. Hell, just make it a huge franchise out of it and start with the Titans and Old Gods and build your way up to the Frozen Throne.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

My Dream Cast -assuming this takes place in the WoW game and not the RTS games-

Tom Cruise-Thrall -it would work-
    Robbin Williams- Varian
    Sam Neil -Space Goat leader Velen or w/e-
    Kevin Smith -Dwarf King-
    Liam Nelson -Bolvar-

Women Roles
    Lets face it women are pretty much ignored in wow as it is unless it's a blood elf in a tube top roaming around.

I just hope it's more like Lord Of The Rings quality than say Dungeons & Dragons quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    I'd assume it'd look like a LotR style thing, I at least hope the CG is decent...
    Problem is, the look of LotR was heavily based on the art that sprung up around the books, primarily by John Howe and Alan Lee. The designs of the costumes and sets were directly influenced if not based on their excellent artistry and that gave the real identity of place and culture to the Middle Earth we saw in the films.
    Warcraft has its own extremely stylised look, it has an art-style synonymous with the games, and I just can't see that translating to live-action film. Are the costumes going to feature absurdly oversized shoulder armours and helmets? Will the blue vs red be maintained in building architecture? Will Orcs dance the Hammer Dance??

A true-to-look live action Warcraft would be extremely surreal. Maybe that's why Duncan Jones was interested in it.
    I am hugely sceptical and curious at the same time. Can't wait to see images.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I just hope it's more like Lord Of The Rings quality than say Dungeons & Dragons quality.
    If LotR made it work then Warcraft can make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Problem is, the look of LotR was heavily based on the art that sprung up around the books, primarily by John Howe and Alan Lee. The designs of the costumes and sets were directly influenced if not based on their excellent artistry and that gave the real identity of place and culture to the Middle Earth we saw in the films.
    Warcraft has its own extremely stylised look, it has an art-style synonymous with the games, and I just can't see that translating to live-action film. Are the costumes going to feature absurdly oversized shoulder armours and helmets? Will the blue vs red be maintained in building architecture? Will Orcs dance the Hammer Dance??

A true-to-look live action Warcraft would be extremely surreal. Maybe that's why Duncan Jones was interested in it.
    I am hugely sceptical and curious at the same time. Can't wait to see images.
    I mean just in a typical fantasy style. It's not like we'll get an exact look to what the games look like. Hell, WoW humans don't even look like humans. Then you have whether or not they use Warcraft orcs or WoW orcs seeing as how their appearance was drastically shifted. And I doubt there will be much to the actual outfits, save for the ones worn by iconic characters, which really aren't that bad in most ways.

Really, I'd rather it not even be live-action. The cinematics made by Blizz have always been fantastic. To see a full-length movie made in the same style would be amazing.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If LotR made it work then Warcraft can make it work.
    Lord of the Rings is still a masterpiece more than a decade later, nothing has had the same kind of grand and epic fantasy quality. WoW itself is way more D&D (Warhammer to be exact) than LOTR.

But 2015 has quite a lot of big movies already. Avatar 2, Avengers 2, Batman vs Superman, end of The Hunger Games movies, Star Wars VII, Jurassic World... damn.

As long as they don't relegate the Horde to random fantasy baddies, I think the movie can be great.

Oh, and I demand a cameo by Paris Hilton. Playing the role of Haris Pilton of course. I hope we get to see her Portable Hole!
    Last edited by Worgoblin; 2013-10-02 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    As long as they don't relegate the Horde to random fantasy baddies, I think the movie can be great.

Oh, and I demand a cameo by Paris Hilton. Playing the role of Haris Pilton of course. I hope we get to see her Portable Hole!
    The horde are random baddies. They get in your way and then you kill them. Typical behaviour from random fantasy baddies.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post

its got Metzen co-producing, i think we know what to expect when it comes to the horde.

(bad)jokes aside; i don't have much hype for this movie, years and years ago when i first heard of a warcraft movie i was excited, now its so long and im not sure blizzard can pull it off, they have been veyr picky with the script and directors though which is a good thing

I am not expecting much ant it will be around 7 years too late