Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Lord of the Rings is still a masterpiece more than a decade later, nothing has had the same kind of grand and epic fantasy quality. WoW itself is way more D&D (Warhammer to be exact) than LOTR.

But 2015 has quite a lot of big movies already. Avatar 2, Avengers 2, Batman vs Superman, end of The Hunger Games movies, Star Wars VII, Jurassic World... damn.
    Man that is a ton of sequels and tie ins
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    As long as they don't relegate the Horde to random fantasy baddies, I think the movie can be great.
    I would actually be surprised if the Horde were in the movie very much at all, but it'd depend on what story is being told. Unfortunately, the Horde will be baddies when they first show up because they essentially were for a long time with the exception of the Tauren (and later the Forsaken story is, I believe, a sympathetic one).

But to introduce the Horde, you've got to show the invading demon-blood-crazed Orcs and the first Horde and they are without a doubt Bad Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Apparently a short teaser was shown at comic-con. I'd want to have seen that badly.
    Yeah there was. I think it just showed the animation/CGI style mostly though.

Was it by the way confirmed that the movie plot will take place between the lore period of warcraft 1 and 2? Or was that once again another fake leak ?
    Nerfs actually make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by chrisorie4 View Post
    Was it by the way confirmed that the movie plot will take place between the lore period of warcraft 1 and 2? Or was that once again another fake leak ?
    I think it's confirmed that it's human vs orcs, but which of the wars it is I don't know. the Second War is pretty cool, but then a First War prelude would be required, so I don't know what exactly they will do. It's like the Punic Wars!

Hopefully there will be Orc peons. And a booterang.
    "Werk werk werk"
    "Me not that kind of orc!"
    "Zug zug"
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!"

I'd feel a lot better about this movie if it were being done in the animated cinematic style. The Blizzard guys that make those do amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Hopefully there will be Orc peons. And a booterang.
    "Werk werk werk"
    "Me not that kind of orc!"
    "Zug zug"
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!"

I'd feel a lot better about this movie if it were being done in the animated cinematic style. The Blizzard guys that make those do amazing work.
    Doesn't it take forever to make those cinematics?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Doesn't it take forever to make those cinematics?
    Probably as long as it would take to make a full-length movie with actors, making costumes and developing sets.

Making it animated would at least give fans the world they are looking for, as there's already a pretty good set standard as to what they'd look like. Hell, they could make the movie with the same style that they used in the SoO cinematic, just tweak it up a bit to fit for an actual movie. Or go all out like they've done with the opening cinematics game/expansions themselves.

Plus, fantasy doesn't look well in live-action all that often. Even then, CG effects are usually glaring as all hell. I'd rather see good animation and voice acting, then crappy CG effects and actors who look like they were taken from the DnD movie...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think at this point we can assume they have the resources and the ability to make however in depth or detailed of a movie that they feel like spending on. I think this movie is going to be a major recruiting tool to stretch the life of the game out and is probably timed around the next expansion and wouldnt surprise me if it was about it either plot wise.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was recently re-reading various articles, and it seems Universal will probably be distributing it (as well as providing a portion of the budget?). Wouldn't it be cool if the opening logo had Azeroth's continents instead of the typical satellite view of Earth?
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2013-10-08 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like they picked the holiday season after they've run out of Hobbits

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    looks like they picked the holiday season after they've run out of Hobbits
    I find it amusing how many things are coming in 2015, the year after The Hobbit has finished it's run.

Travis Fimmel is a good actor, did a great job in Vikings so thats a plus, the other actors is meh Colin is ok.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    2 YEars..
    oh gawd they better make it as legendary as LOTR was .

Quote Originally Posted by Adonael View Post
    2 YEars..
    oh gawd they better make it as legendary as LOTR was .
    I calculate a minimal chance for that to happen :P