Attn: Mobile Authenticator users

Hi everyone, we've received an increased number of requests from players to have us help them reset/replace the mobile authenticator on the account - this is likely due to the OS on many mobile devices recently being updated. Some helpful advice for those of you who use the app:

1) Before updating the OS on your device, you can go through Battle.net and then remove the authenticator yourself, then after the update, put it back on. (This is what I do). More information about removing and replacing the app in the account can be found here.

2) You can copy down the serial and restore code in the authenticator before you run the update - Menu > Setup > Continue (there you'll see both the serial and the restore codes). If after the update you get a couple of 'authenticator invalid' responses, go back into the authenticator, only instead of hitting Setup, choose Restore > follow the next prompt, and enter in the appropriate (original codes).

Of note: there's also SMS Protect which will help you get into the account even if you have issues with the authenticator.

Our Support Channel on YouTube also features a video about adding and removing the authenticators.

Hope that helps! If you have any questions about that please let me know.

Cheers,
    Araxom
    Blizzard Customer Support

P.S. If you have a moment, please let us know if this information was helpful to you. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice news to hear. I've heard a lot of people have had issues with the new iOS and the authenticator.

Hi Darsithis! Specifically in regards to iOS 7: we've seen reports of players getting locked out when using the WoW Remote App. We're keeping our eyes on the issue - from what I understand, the locks will subside after the password is reset. There have been other reports where sometimes it may take several such resets. Here's Vrakthris' general post.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-10-02 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps we should lock this thread to encourage people using the Blizz link, instead of reporting here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Perhaps we should lock this thread to encourage people using the Blizz link, instead of reporting here?
    If anything, I'd say this should stay bumped but have a Blizz link in it as well.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I mean this in the most un-trolling, not-wanting-to-start-a-flame-way way but I can't help but laugh everytime Apple releases a new update that makes their customers confused and miserable.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I mean this in the most un-trolling, not-wanting-to-start-a-flame-way way but I can't help but laugh everytime Apple releases a new update that makes their customers confused and miserable.
    Yeah, it's more ironic considering all the trolling hype for iOS7.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Araxom, I updated my iOS & had no problems with it after the fact, it worked perfectly fine after update.

But what I did noticed I had to just re download it, but it worked like it had always been there, never had to re setup it again, it worked good as new.

Just had to redownload it (I had to actually redownload all my apps, even though I had everything backed up), thought I would just report it anyway incase someone else encountered this aswell.

Deleted
    I did wonder why suddenly I was locked out while using the armory app on my Samsung 3 times in a row :/ but my tablet has not even been updated so this confuses me even more.

Hey T Man, we are aware that there have been increased reports of the accounts being locked when accessed through the Remote app. Here's Vrakthris' general post on the issue. Hope that sheds some light on it - please let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be happy to respond. Thanks!

@Arbsbear, thanks for the heads up!