Deleted

How does flex scale?

Hey guys!

I wanted to help out a friend in flex. He is doing a 10 man run, so he asked his leader if I could hop in. The leader refused saying that "it will scale up to 13 players if we invite him". I was just wondering if this is a myth or if it has some ground. Does it really scale on 10, 13, 16 etc? or does it scale per player.

If it does scale in jumps of >1 then its quite a flaw in the system when people don't want to take in an extra friend because it will "make it too hard"

Cheers!
    Clampy

Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    If it does scale in jumps of >1 then its quite a flaw in the system when people don't want to take in an extra friend because it will "make it too hard"
    I think the number of BRs you get scales up in chunks, also because your Tank/Healer/DPS ratio can alter with an extra person - there may be 'hard spots'.

But over all, everything that can scale smoothly - does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think the number of BRs you get scales up in chunks
    Not sure that's true, maybe they changed it but in the first week (of flex) we were able to BR 4 people with only 10 players. We assumed it was just using the 25man rules.

The way I've seen it is that HP scales per person. Number of mechanic things (Norushen Orbs, Sha of Pride Prisons, etc...) scale per 5 ppl. I don't think there is a limit on BRs. I've seen 4 used in a 15 man group before.

Deleted
    Not sure that's true, maybe they changed it but in the first week (of flex) we were able to BR 4 people with only 10 players. We assumed it was just using the 25man rules.
    We were doing some achievements in flex with our core 10 after we cleared normals early that night and got 2 BRs for ten people.

Deleted
    This is kind of my point of the thread. There is so much conflicting information that it would be nice just to get an exact number on things. How does what work in which situation.

I know it matters little in the big picture, just annoys me slightly when people would turn down an extra guy because of a scaling quirk (That may not even be in place).

As far as my experience goes... health/damage scale per person, mechanics will scale in chunks (prisons, orbs, etc.).

Ours scaled with each person usually but there were times when it didn't drop the boss hp when we removed one. I might not have been paying attention.

Tbh it seem to scale very low, they want you to carry ppl.
    Going from 10 to 15 players just made things easier (with 3 fresh lvl90s). Wolfs on shamans had like 12m hp on 10man and 14.7mhp 15man (stats from memory).

Haven't noticed a cap on BRs, iirc we used 3 on 10man.

This is kind of my point of the thread. There is so much conflicting information that it would be nice just to get an exact number on things. How does what work in which situation.

I know it matters little in the big picture, just annoys me slightly when people would turn down an extra guy because of a scaling quirk (That may not even be in place).
    As far as I recall it gets easier with more people you have so you won't have to kick players to get the raid to be easier and to encourage bringing more players.
    We did it in 10 man and it was 10 times harder than our lower ilvl alts in 18.

I think it's like:
    X = amount increased
    1extra ->+100%x
    2extra ->+90%x
    3extra ->+80%x
    4extra ->+70%x
    5extra ->+60%x

So at 5 extra players instead of a 500%x you only get 400%x