Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So are the T16 set bonuses for disc a little... lackluster?

At least compared to the holy ones?

Priest T16 2P Bonus (New) Serendipity also increases the healing of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing by 50% per stack. While Archangel is active, your critical chance is increased by 10%.

Priest T16 4P Bonus (New) Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending casts increase the effect of your next Holy Word spell by 50%, stacking up to 10 times. While Spirit Shell is active, you gain 10% haste and 3,500 mastery.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

4set sucks, I'd rather just use the shadow tier because most of it is crit+mastery.

There are a few fights where I like the 4pc, but not many, so I'm probably just gonna get gloves/legs for 2pc and get crit items everywhere else.

yea im considering not even bothering with 4pc disc since its sooo lackluster (after the ss duration nerf)

besides all the tier pieces have mastery/spirit zzzz
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    you're right the set bonus is pretty meh, and the stats aren't that great.

i think the 2 piece is still worth going after though.
    Hi

2pc is great. 4 Pc is allright, think of it as a throughput cooldown on a 1 minute CD instead of spirit shell. About to Halo for heavy raid dmg? +3.5k mastery. Need to spam atonement? +10% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    2pc is great. 4 Pc is allright, think of it as a throughput cooldown on a 1 minute CD instead of spirit shell. About to Halo for heavy raid dmg? +3.5k mastery. Need to spam atonement? +10% haste.
    So you would pop SS and use Halo / Atonement for "throughput" and not get the benefit of SS?

"About to Halo for heavy raid dmg?" - How about SS before the heavy raid damage??

Honestly i thought the 4p bonus was an incentive to use SS after its nerf and idk i thought it was still a very viable and must use utility in our arsenal? Am i wrong cause i am seeing a lot of anti SS posts...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the bonuses are good, they're just better for Holy. The stat allocation is better for holy too. Seriously though, what's up with spi/mastery on EVERY piece? It's like... I don't even know.

4 piece for Disc just plan sucks, especially since Spirit Shell got a duration nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxickbunny View Post
    So you would pop SS and use Halo / Atonement for "throughput" and not get the benefit of SS?

"About to Halo for heavy raid dmg?" - How about SS before the heavy raid damage??

Honestly i thought the 4p bonus was an incentive to use SS after its nerf and idk i thought it was still a very viable and must use utility in our arsenal? Am i wrong cause i am seeing a lot of anti SS posts...
    SS in 25 man is extremely bad. 10 Seconds + the heavy movement of basicly every fight where it might be usefull makes it a very, very "meh" cooldown. The only real use I've had of Spirit shell so far this tier would be Paragons (we use a group of 5 to soak the Aim hit from Hisek, which makes spirit shell a nice buffer to their HP), and spoils on Mogu side (shelling VS the AOE that takes basicly 80% of my groups HP). Both of those have the advantage that it's very few people that needs to be shelled, and the only reason shell is prefered to PW:S in this scenario, is the manacost/fact that shields can be used ON TOP of Shell.

Apart from that, no fights have lethal damage on a timer that really requires spirit shell - and even if they do (protectors can be argued), the fact that you can only cover 2 groups of 5 with it effectively makes it a very "meh" cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxickbunny View Post

how about pw:s blanketing the raid, with that 3,5k extra mastery?

I'm taking the 2pc, (gloves and legs) in favor of having better itemized pieces. I'm 25m, but if I was 10m I'd definitely take the 4pc.

I was looking over my logs last night, and even in the best of times, Spirit Shell does 10% of my healing. I'm getting so much more out of DA, lvl90 Talent, Atonement and PW: S from lucidity procs. I'm finding in every instance that spirit shell would be pretty good, Divine Star + AA is filling that gap. That's why I'm excited for the 2pc.

There is pulsing raid wide AoE this tier. Spirit Shell is clunky in this sort of environment. Now spirit shell is a situational CD, just about what it should be.

It's most useful for me, to cap out SS on tanks when they're taking heavy damage.

Derevka's blogpost was in favor of picking up the 4pc (which you can find here)(and the discussion here), as he argues what you're saying Toxic, that it's a buffer to give an incentive for SS usage. I'm not convinced this will make up the gap in raw stats from picking up better itemized pieces. Even with heavy dispels on our heroic Immerseus and Protectors last night, 9k was just a lot of spirit for me. I'll be dropping back down again -- and the last thing I was is more spirit pieces.

This tier's itemization is gross.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2013-10-02 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    how about pw:s blanketing the raid, with that 3,5k extra mastery?
    Babylon you obviously mean 10 man? Don't think the 4p bonus & SS was ever in doubt for 10 man - much more efficient than PW:S blanketing. Getting out 25 PW:S's out in 10 seconds is impossible and good luck with your mana control doing either.

I do agree with you Naer, i suppose we'll have to see once there are more log's with people using the 4p bonus on encounters where SS is really useful. I tried doing some math to see if i could get to a definitive answer but after i started factoring in different haste values in relation to PoH cast times it went a bit wonky, needless to say i gave up at that point.

Yeah, it's just like, if DS wasn't so overpowered right now (well, it really helps cut the edge between us and throughput healers, to be honest), SS would be a need. However, I'm not joking when I say whenever I thought "Oh hey spirit shell would be nice here" DS ended up being better (with spot healing from other raid members as needed, thankfully).

A good example was Heroic Protectors. I would Spirit Shell for most Calamity's and the stack in bubble phase.

I am less geared than my co-healers, and less experienced in heroic content, but ...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14162&e=14720

Spirit Shell did 7% of my healing. You know what that tells me? I wasted my damn time sitting there blanketing the raid when I could have done something more useful, like atonement. Much better to buffer certain party's from damage or Tanks, than the whole raid.

I'm pretty convinced that if I spent more time using Atonement during that fight I would have been better off. SS is just lackluster for party wide blanketing in 25m.
    (I'd also like to mention that restoration of the infinite form this crap Lei Shen trinket did less than 1% healing. gg)

Ah, Devreka covered the math - thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Spirit Shell did 7% of my healing. You know what that tells me? I wasted my damn time sitting there blanketing the raid when I could have done something more useful, like atonement.
    It's only very slightly better in 10s. On our last kill I only used SS for bubble phases (no Calamities because they weren't exactly dangerous) and it was 7% of my healing. Outside of really dangerous situations, SS isn't exactly important. And even for those borderline one-shot abilities, having AA+DS/Halo (on top of SS) seems like a better idea.

(Your Lei Shen trinket's broken. Mine did a whopping 1.1%!)

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    (Your Lei Shen trinket's broken. Mine did a whopping 1.1%!)
    WOW where do I sign up to get me one of those? I need to return mine for a "working" one. Zzz.

And yeah, Spirit Shell is awkward now. The issue I'm having in 25's is that by the time I apply (with troll racial berserk) 5 cats, the first cast is already falling off.

Not sure if it's best to just start casting right before damage (a few seconds even) and then just cast through the duration of damage? Eh. Probably not even worth it.

Ya, I am not anti SS in any means, it makes up anywhere between 10-20% of my healing on any given fight, but that still isn't enough for me to want to lose all the crit from having 4pc. If half the tier had crit on it, I would gladly pick up 4 pc, but since it doesn't, I just don't want to lose the crit. On 25M heroic Norushen, IJ, and Nazgrim are about the only fights where I might considering using 4pc if I snatched up the pieces, but even then, it isn't going to make or break anything, especially now that they are on farm.

Due to the 2pc you could imagine half your 4set had crit on it :}