Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cheers for the KW Rare farming technique that will help my cause
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    I've been getting about 1200 Honor / Hour the last few days farmining Heroics

Bgs i only do for the daily Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    just do yolo rbgs and get conq at the same time, until you have rating then join organized ones.

Edit: yolo rbgs are just random people dont give a shit rbgs, basically a random bg but you get conq and sometimes they are good.
    I used Yolo's last season almost exclusively and almost got up to 1600 (shit I know, but it's a yolo) but more importantly, losing a 2000-1200 ToK gives like 150 conquest. That's real nice. Nevermind the 0 rating alts with 2000 rating mains that you get sometimes that string together a 4-1 record.

you dont want to pvp , to gear for pvp ...

To elaborate on the KW tip, don't even worry about bothering your friends. Install OQueue and join one of the fleeting world boss groups as they're starting to form. Down the KW rares and drop group. No one will think twice about it. In fact, it's quick enough and there are so many groups that you can just pick out your the easiest NPC and cycle on that one. (I used to look for low pop servers forming world boss groups and use the time to farm eggs for Cloud Serpent rep-- took about an hour each to get exalted for all three characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    To elaborate on the KW tip, don't even worry about bothering your friends. Install OQueue and join one of the fleeting world boss groups as they're starting to form. Down the KW rares and drop group. No one will think twice about it. In fact, it's quick enough and there are so many groups that you can just pick out your the easiest NPC and cycle on that one. (I used to look for low pop servers forming world boss groups and use the time to farm eggs for Cloud Serpent rep-- took about an hour each to get exalted for all three characters).
    Oh damn, I didn't even think about that.

Might try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I don't mind having to work for my gear, but so many bots, afkers, and mid fighters...
    Last AV I did, 30 guys went Bal. 30 guys went IWB. 30 guys went North to just beneath North Bunker. 30 guys turned around and headed back to IWB.

I'd seen that a couple of times and just figured dumb players, lawd knows AV has plenty of that,but, nope, bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost View Post
    To many of us, BGs aren't PvP. They're just a mess of people running around with no idea what they're doing. The real PvP takes place in arenas, which you can't do until you're fully geared, but you can't get geared doing arenas. Quite the conundrum, really.

Anyways, back on topic, I see a lot of people posting about getting Conquest from BGs, and that being a positive. But I don't really understand, you can win 10 arena games and cap your 1800 once you're in like half PvP gear, which you can easily do in 3 days or so whether you do BGs or heroics, and then you can do arenas for 10 wins easy. Hell, honestly, you can win games in crafted Malevolent, and save yourself the trouble. I feel like when you're trying to gear up at first Conquest doesn't matter, cause no matter what you do you can get fully geared in a week anyway and get your Conquest from arenas that week.

I feel like grinding your honor set should be about speed. Whether that's heroics, KW rares, or actual BGs, whatever the fastest method is is the one that should be used.

Deleted
    If you just hit 90, then doing battlegrounds to get to know your class seems like a better idea than doing heroics, even if it's slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    If you just hit 90, then doing battlegrounds to get to know your class seems like a better idea than doing heroics, even if it's slower.
    You're forgetting the key part of this thread, in PvP without PvP gear you are getting creamed with NO learning possible. Whereas in PvE although the mobs are static the damage and what spells do is training in itself.

@Lady - Nicely
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

just craft the gear ? or buy finished crafted malevolent on the AH easier time getting on paar

Quote Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
    just craft the gear ? or buy finished crafted malevolent on the AH easier time getting on paar
    476 crafted players get annihilated. You'd be better off wearing timeless pve 496s or 522 pve items.

Spamming Heroics is quite decent. However if you have a 2nd account or know someone one willing to help you out for a few hours. Keep creating lvl 1 toons and get invited to a low pop server and smash the karasang winds adds over and over and you can grind out a full set in about 4-5 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    You're forgetting the key part of this thread, in PvP without PvP gear you are getting creamed with NO learning possible. Whereas in PvE although the mobs are static the damage and what spells do is training in itself.

@Lady - Nicely
    With resilience now being baseline it's not as bad as it used to be, you'll live for more than 2 gcd's now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    With resilience now being baseline it's not as bad as it used to be, you'll live for more than 2 gcd's now.
    the living part isn't that much of an issue, it's the other person dying. with no/bad gear you hardly do any damage at all. as a ranged vs a melee, it's possible to kite forever if they're bad and you have a lot of control, but a range v range or melee v melee, you can't outlast your opponent and you just feel like more of a burden to your team.

the only exception is being annoying as hell, like being a frost mage and doing a lot of cc, or being ww monk and using RJW at the flags so nobody from the other team can cap xD

If you're farming the rares in KW then be sure to pick up the Honor Banner from the Guild Perk Merchant. It gives you like a 10% bonus to honor if you kill something yielding honor within a certain proximity of it. Works on the rares, IIRC works when you use the HP item they drop too.

Yep, just like I don't LFR to raid. get it? Public bgs are filth unorganized and not competitive. However i do enjoy 3v3, 5v5, and Rbg's.

However since this thread, I have finally got my weapon, I farm dungeons when im super annoyed with bgs, but atm the call to arms is the power ball and were winning a decent amount. Iv got quite bit honor this week.

Toll Barad win was 500 honor, quest was 300, Wintergrasp was 480 honor 80 honor quest 4 quest, then I did dungeons mindlessly, now doing powerball. With a weapon I farmed 2v2 for shoulders, so going better then the start.
    Last edited by BetrayedOf52; 2013-10-03 at 06:23 PM.

"Bots.. Bots everywhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    your not supposed to to arena's right away unless your with friends. so now you got to farm honor like a mad man. also don't forgot to do the daily's you get like 525 honor for 5/7 easy daily's

kill krasarang rares, do Wintergrasp, Tol Barad.

Deleted
    Ask Blizzard for magic button. You just press it and you'll receive full Tyranical set. Same with PvE, "click" and you've got iLvL 340 for a good start. It can be called "avoid morons in LFR and BG, because you're a true hero who deserve instant bonus" button.