Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock timeless island tips needed.

Basically I'm struggling on timeless island I'm using dest spec using void to tank but everything I kill takes a long ass time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using the island buffs, they make a huge difference.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Use all available buffs, don't farm mobs with 10m+ HP, get better gear, improve your playing.

I farm stuff as affliction with AV and sac. Basically I just DOT things up then run around draining it 'til it's dead. A lot of the mobs are really slow and/or rely on casted short range attacks so as long as I'm moving they rarely even hit me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes as people have mentioned, make sure you are using the buffs available. Other than that just make sure you know the abilities the mobs have and react accordingly.
    Some of them have seriously nasty abilities that will give anyone troubles if you aren't careful.

I do my best to avoid the tauren (can't remember their actual name..) as they always seem to be getting in their abilities on me, even when (according to my screen) they shouldn't hit me. But oh well.
    Plenty of other, easier mobs to kill.

I prefer to kill the turtles on the beach, just mortal coil or fear when they do their spin attack. They also tend to drop a lot of meat you can turn in for more coins to one of the vendors.

If at all possible, use the Chi-Ji buff. The stat increase is absolutely insane.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If at all possible, use the Chi-Ji buff. The stat increase is absolutely insane.
    I would pay gold to get that buff from the shrines over all of the others. That plus the three buff consumables more than doubles my solo dps.

Remember to also keep the Nutriment buff going. It runs out every 10 minutes.

Oh, and Crystal of Insanity if you have that too!

Deleted
    Yeah I get all the buffs which spec would you lot say is best to use up there?

I solo without the buff as destro. I use supremecy for the upgraded voidwalker.

The key is to single pull and make sure not to work your way into a spot where you will have a respawn behind you. I like going halfway up the blazing way to that set of ruins where a blazing chest originally was. I go to the left side of the area and pull out from the group.

Kilnmasters are pretty easy, just use havok to kill the kiln along with the boss, chaos bolt liberally.

Chanters are slightly more annoying. I try to kill a kilnmaster first so i have 4 full embers, then immediately pull the chanter. DI + 5 chaos bolts and its pretty low. make sure and RoF the guy constantly because that will immediately pull the golem to walk at you instead of attacking your pet (It WILL kill the voidwalker). Then just half-circle straife incinerate/conflag and Shadowburn until its dead. It will cast cauterize (there isnt much a chance you can stop it) but its health will decrease after the initial heal. just stay away from the golems, and keep RoF to keep the golems away from the pet and you will get them down.

Priests are bastards and just not worth it. Luckily these dont spawn at this spot.

Barbarians are easy. My void can usually tank 2 of them at once. since they dont take the massive aoe damage you would, all these fights are about is getting the mobs one by one with no adds.

I can solo around the sanctuary just working my way around then back again, there is enough room, but if you do the area i mentioned you can drop a guild banner for a boost to rep (and it is worth doing if you are farming).

As others have said, island buffs are key. As destro I've even soloed Huolon and Cinderfell with nary a prob. The 20% to all stats and the mastery/crit buffs are amazing, I can hit 300-400k dps when my trinks line up with dark soul. haven't died to anything yet. Voidy ftw.
    Last edited by Hatredsheart; 2013-10-20 at 02:38 PM.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

If you pull Aggressive mobs (The red, not yellow ones) into your faction's stating camp, the guards will help you kill them. I pull snakes and crabs into there all the time to help me kill them faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatredsheart View Post
    As others have said, island buffs are key. As destro I've even soloed Huolon and Cinderfell with nary a prob. The 20% to all stats buff is amazing, I can hit 300k dps when my trinks line up with dark soul.
    Those 2 particular mobs aren't a problem as a lock anyway, because they only deal AoE Damage which doesn't really hurt your Voidwalker/Voidlord.

The shrine buffs are essential, the Chi-Ji buff(25% haste/mastery/crit) is absolutely ridiculous for DPS, but barring that both Xuen(15% damage) and Yu'Lon(20% stats) are great. Make sure to use all 3 consumable buffs, they're easy enough to pick up from the daily. And make sure to get the nutriment buff for 5% more stats.

With all the buffs, voidwalker is king for tanking. There is nothing you cannot solo on the island(well except maybe Golganarr, but thats possible just a pain in the ass). Any spec will do, but you want to be specced supremacy and use a voidwalker so perhaps Demo would not be ideal. Here's how I kill everything as destro:

High Priest of Ordos/Archerius of Flame - these are a pain, and the key to beating them is to clear out space to fight them. The trick here is to stay at max RoF range, not max range, and circle strafe. The reason you want to do this is that the golems will kill your VW VERY fast, so you need to get aggro on them with RoF. The RoF tick will just instantly snag aggro, so you don't need to worry just make sure to cast RoF during the cast. Since you're at max RoF range and not max range you will need to kite the golem for about ~5s when it reaches you before it despawns, so you want to be strafing left and right(not backwards) when it reaches you - this is why you need room to kite. Don't worry about the heal - if you have black ash and can cast it on them before they heal thats awesome, but the reality is that the cauterize they do does 30% of their HP over 30s so it is not a concern that they get it off. Pulling any other mob during this time is very likely a death sentence if you are solo.

Eternal Kilnmasters/Flintmaster Gairain- Ridiculously simple. Stick voidwalker on mob, afk nuke. You don't even needs to switch to the kiln he summons, because soul leech will keep up with the pitiful damage your VW takes. I just immolate the kiln with procs for further embers.

Blazebound Chanters/Urudur the Cauterizer - these can be difficult. You want to treat them like the high priests, you need to aggro the golems when they spawn, but they also do a bit more damage to your VW. The chanters only have 4m hp though, so bursting through that isn't difficult with decent gear, line chaos bolts up with trinket procs+the 8k int island buff proc.

Molten Guardians/Cinderfall - just like the kilnmasters, very simple to burn through. Just stand at max range. Be aware that the guardians will occasionally cast a thin 40 yard line toward you so you will have to move occasionally.

Cloud Serpents/Hulon - VW tank again is great, as the fire breath it does on the VW tickles it. However, be ready to move from the fire ground effect it does, and make sure not to stand in front of it.

Blazing Champions/Champions of the Black Flame - VW tank, they don't have a lot of HP. For the champions specifically what you will probably want to do is have the VW tank one or two(manually control it to keep aggro) and offtank the last one by yourself(soul leech+self heals). They don't do a ton of damage if you move out of the blazing cleave/stay close enough to avoid being charged. If they buff themselves just kite for 6s, it doesn't last long.

Those are about the highest HP stuff on the island, everything else has much lower HP so it shouldn't be a problem.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    here's some real tips:
    Code:
    /cast [pet:Voidlord,harm] Void Shield
    (change to Voidwalker if you don't use the talent, but you really should)
    put this under every offensive spell so the void won't take a huge first hit by the Jademist and Adder mobs (they won't shield automatically until they get hit once)
    get the buffs (3 consumables and click every shrine on the way until you find crane, that buff is absolutely insane for destro)
    Soul Leech Talent: pick this and you'll forget to have a health funnel spell once you do enough damage, my alt lock didn't use a single funnel since 490 ilvl (which is easy to obtain due to free 496), now he's 510 or so and faceroll mobs better than my 529 hunter (main)...even the big elites are faceroll (12M hp, just stand behind so you don't get hit by stomp and he won't throw rocks in melee range, Void tanks without health going below 90%)
    another useful talent: Soul Link
    pretty self-explanatory, 3% of the damage will heal the pet
    edit;
    anything after the bridge is highly inefficent to farm unless your server is insanely populated
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-10-02 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use island buffs, do not forget a shrine and nutrient buff.

Click all the crystals in that cave for a chance of Crystal of Insanity.

I solo all the solo stuff (and some "group" stuff) effortlessly as demo with a wrathguard. nerfs be damned, demo is 4 life!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I also use Affliction, dot everything up and kite with MG. It's easy, low risk and extremely fast. The TI buffs make a huge difference.

Deleted
    I am just wondering what game you guys are playing?

There is NOTHING worth farming on the isle that requires a minion if you are destro... I have soloed everything including champions, huolon and the priests without a pet without any effort. (And i am one of those shitters that cant even manage the green fire boss)

The kills are very easy and fast with Chi-ji (My prefered buff) buff and nothing else... Takes little or no effort to farm the rares, elites and mobs in general! (And no, i am not insanely geared... I am a LFR hero)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post
    There is NOTHING worth farming on the isle that requires a minion if you are destro... I have soloed everything including champions, huolon and the priests without a pet without any effort.
    Yes, I also almost always play with GrimSac on the Isle. Works just fine even with average gear.
    Not a big fan of running around with the big blue Lord