Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    What damage? does it buff the explosion when the sha puddle reach the center without being killed/healed?

in 10 man, how many corruption should be "ok" in the first p2? we barely kill 10-12, the lock portal is bugged on this fight so we have to walk a lot.
    10-12 is okay - should be able to do more though; make use of AoE stuns, roots, slows etc rather than just trying to flat out nuke them all. When the boss is about to phase, the raid should start moving towards their positions as well, to ensure they will be in range of their adds as soon as they spawn; bear in mind that if the boss is brought to 1hp during Swirl, there will be even more time to get into place before he Splits.

The explosion deals more damage if the pool is absolutely huge.... and aside from that it'll stack the Sha Pool debuff on more players.

On other note, there is a bug at the moment where one or more players are getting Sha Splash constantly through P2 and it's ticking for ~125k/second, make sure it's tracked by the healers so they can react to the steady and fairly high damage from the DoT. It is not intended! We actually wiped a couple of times last night to it, before realising what the issue was and sorting it out.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Can you get Sha Corruption from melee autoattack?

If yes should I create a /stopattack macro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question; I'm not entirely certain as it happens. Sha Corruption triggers on "attacks" rather than "abilities", so I would assume so. If you are stopping attacking the boss, you'd be switching onto adds pretty much straight away anyway, so I wouldn't imagine you'd need a macro as long as you target switch quickly enough and in a worst case scenario, getting 4 stacks instead of 3 isn't going to kill you!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

A tip: If you have a paladin dps or healer, tell him to turn righteous fury and stay at melee range all the time, the cleave damage from melee and range dps will also hit the boss, increasing the dps of the raid and the tank dont need to jump all over the place to hit them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Can you get Sha Corruption from melee autoattack?

If yes should I create a /stopattack macro?
    No. I've also found there to be an internal cooldown on the rate of stacks applied. One stack every 1.5 sec sounds right.

We had a few tries tonight.

Our best attempts were when we stacked up as a group (excluding the tank(s)). Before we stack adds were THAT spread we couldnt aoe them or take them down.

movement was an issue we could improve. we would often find that there was no place to move, unless we moved significantly.
    we also had 1 player single target dps the boss and getting chain dispelled when he reached high stacks of the debuff.

What I would like to ask:

1) is it preferable to have 20-25 adds spawn, kill them and have the remaining 25 spawn afterwards?
    2) should we somehow make sure that all 50 spawn as fast as possible?
    3) does the damage from the little pools on the ground stack?
    4) Do you stack your ranged with the melee?
    5) are you spreaded the entire fight?
    6) is the single dps staying on boss and getting dispelled a good or bad idea?

If you happen to know a video with friendly nameplates, I want to check that videos raid movement.

Our best attempts were when we stacked up as a group (excluding the tank(s)). Before we stack adds were THAT spread we couldnt aoe them or take them down.

movement was an issue we could improve. we would often find that there was no place to move, unless we moved significantly.
    we also had 1 player single target dps the boss and getting chain dispelled when he reached high stacks of the debuff.

1) is it preferable to have 20-25 adds spawn, kill them and have the remaining 25 spawn afterwards?

If you happen to know a video with friendly nameplates, I want to check that videos raid movement.
    1)Idk how many we spawn in our raid but, 3-4 stack x 7, thats like 21-30 adds, 5 dps and 2 tanks. Everyone switch to adds with 3-4 stacks.
    2) is risky because if a dps get 7 stack and is not dispelled he is dead. The fight is get 3 stack > kill adds > get 3 stack > kill adds.
    3) iirc, no.
    4) no, ranged and healer stay at max range to avoid the whirl, they dont get hit if they hug the wall.
    5) in some point everybody is semi-spreaded, but the dps and healer need to stay in the same square.
    6) we tried it and is risky, if he tunel vision the boss and the healer cant dispell him he will be dead.

About the video, you can check all the class sub-forum, there is PoV class video for every single fight.

If you have a problem stacking the adds and you have a pally, tell him to use righteous fury.

We killed it tonight trying some different tactics. The one we found the easiest was:

- Standing in a conga line on the left edge of one of the quadrants with adds tank at the front and the boss tank on the left edge of the quadrant to the right. Each time a puddle spawns you move out of it to the right.

- BL at the start and everyone dpsing the boss/gaining stacks. One would call mass dispell (we had 2 priests so could cover the raid easy) when stacks were getting high, and a single dispell on boss tank when needed. All 50 adds were out asap nuked them down easily before swirl ended. DPS on boss and he submerges.

- Spread out to get adds then move back to position in conga line.

- Repeat.

If you get a swirl through your raid, aura mastery it and then it tickles you. Make sure to use some good healing CD's at the start as there is a lot of damage, especially something like vamp/htt/anscestral guidance or rallying cry/demo banner as you dont really need CD's any other time if ppl use person defensive CDS when adds get to the middle in p2.

Previously we tried the conga line strat but with 2 ppl dps boss and the rest dps adds as they came, but found it really messy. At least this way all the adds are out asap and hopefully you have some great aoe-ers.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Just one quick thought/question.

When wiping attempts I try to stand in some stacked puddles, but always only take damage from one. That's something like 150k every 2 sec. Would it be possible to stack up the whole raid (excluding tanks) and just heal through the damage? Could someone confirm/deny the stacked puddles thing please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Just one quick thought/question.

When wiping attempts I try to stand in some stacked puddles, but always only take damage from one. That's something like 150k every 2 sec. Would it be possible to stack up the whole raid (excluding tanks) and just heal through the damage? Could someone confirm/deny the stacked puddles thing please?
    To my knowledge multiple puddles all deal damage even when overlapping. An easy way to test it, is to wait for the first Split in LFR or Flex (or Normal/HC if your raid don't mind!) and run into an area with 3-4 puddles overlapping when they are getting drawn towards the centre. We've had people getting globalled by walking over what looked like a small group of puddles but ended up being 6 or something silly, which happened in the first few pulls before they twigged that the pools keep doing damage even when the boss is drawing them in! :P

I don't know about what happens if the pools are in exactly one location, but I would presume it still deals additional damage per pool spawned. Would be an interesting thing to test though!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

question:

if void zones are spawned every 10 seconds (according to icy veins) when does your raid move to the next clear place (all move as a group) to avoid the extra unnecessary damage? 10,20,30,40 seconds? Talking about 10 man mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually mention it in the guide - if you all stay in one segment and then move each time there is a Corrosive Blast - should never be too much stuff on the ground to worry about if you do that Corrosive Blast is used after around 15 seconds or so on the pull, then subsequently every 35 seconds or so. We also move on the first CB, even though it's only been a few seconds, just to get the rhythm going.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Is it possible to 1 tank this so helps with healing / dps (3heal or an extra dps).

I believe you have to work hard to only get one swelling corruption so an extra dps would push that through - plus more vengence for the main tank.

Adds will be picked up by a holy pally with RF on and either stood on the tank or in the case of corrosive blast bubble to survive it or move out of the cone and hunter misdirect the mobs to the tank.

How many corrosive blasts happen on the tank and does the debuff last longer on HC - it always seemed to drop off on normal during the transitions.

Tank druid so on 2nd blast use big CD's and a healer one - barkskin etc - Holy priest Guardian the 3rd blast and into transition for reset and then you only get 1 or 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the debuff doesn't last longer.

If your DPS is good you can actually manage with 1 Blast in each phase. We usually by now get 1st phase 2 Blasts, every other 1 (if even that). We 2 tanks and 2 heal it with 6 DPS (our latest kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e.../?s=773&e=1381)
    But if your DPS is not that up to the task for the first few normal burn phases you will get 2 breaths.
    But honestly with 7 DPS you should get 1-2 Blasts in first few phases...

Depending on your tanks HP pool and what trinkets s/he has available Survival Instincs+Barkskin+dmg red. CD should be enough to take the 2nd breath at least for 1st round, for the second round Might of Ursoc and what ever is available.

I wouldn't recommend MDing the adds to your only tank. If there are tons of the adds, you get meleed by boss, it'll force you to use your CDs for the adds, not when you really need them. Either your hpala tanks 'em or you go with 2 tanks if the adds are a concern.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-01-15 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Is it possible to 1 tank this so helps with healing / dps (3heal or an extra dps).

I believe you have to work hard to only get one swelling corruption so an extra dps would push that through - plus more vengence for the main tank.

Adds will be picked up by a holy pally with RF on and either stood on the tank or in the case of corrosive blast bubble to survive it or move out of the cone and hunter misdirect the mobs to the tank.

How many corrosive blasts happen on the tank and does the debuff last longer on HC - it always seemed to drop off on normal during the transitions.

Tank druid so on 2nd blast use big CD's and a healer one - barkskin etc - Holy priest Guardian the 3rd blast and into transition for reset and then you only get 1 or 2?
    I've solo tanked the fight most weeks since our first kill, most tanks have big enough cooldowns (+ any externals) that they can survive the 2nd Blast. Tanks with a death prevention (cloak proc works but can be a bit hit and miss if there is other incoming damage from adds at the same time) can even survive a 3rd blast if needed.

We have done the encounter with:
    2 tank / 3 heal
    2 tank / 2 heal
    1 tank / 3 heal
    1 tank / 2 heal
    1 tank / 1 heal (prolongs the fight because not enough healing on the adds later on!)
    on 10-man Heroic.

On 25-man, when we did a fun run, we 1 tank 4 healed it.

The Heroism Phase is easy to get only 1 blast. THe 2nd time you do a burn phase, without Heroism and CDs, you are likely to get a 2nd blast unless your DPS is very high (or you are 2 healing).
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!