Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Not denying they are hacking the account. I'm denying the premise that you have decked 999,999gold toons on every single server in WOW

I know other MMORPG's seem like WoW, and I love to compare them every single day (Swotor, EQ, UO, FF, etc) - but the fact is. WoW's been around for very close to 9 years, and the fact that gold in the game is more serious than most other MMOs because you can do so much more in WoW with gold (Black market ah's, carry's etc, etc) - Golds much more valuable in WoW than anywhere else.

Cheers

They can implement real account wide shit like achievements and pets so there's no reason they couldn't do this for gold or say... heirloom items. And vanity items. Their claims about ruining faction economies is beyond moot at this point. You can send dozens of account bound bags filled with gold between factions, buy a rare pet on one side, learn it, switch to a cross faction alt (or even another server), then cage up and sell that rare. A pet journal-like interface for your bank, gold, vanity items, and heirlooms would rock. You can only be logged on to one of your toons at a time anyway, so there's no reason not to do this for at least heirlooms you've purchased.

But the counter argument is time sink and subscriptions. If you make things too easy for alts, starting on a new server, switching factions, etc then you're ultimately losing play time on accounts. If you don't have to grind out the gold and items for both factions or another server then you don't have to play as much and they lose money, eventually. You have a rich Horde 90 and want to check out a new server? Great. As it stands you're starting from scratch and have to grind out everything you want on the new server which means more time played. If you can simply start a new toon on a new server with thousands of gold, all the heirlooms you've ever purchased, and all those high level mats gathered up waiting to be used, you don't have to spend nearly as much time grinding all that out again on the new server.

I really wish they would implement something like the gold, bank, heirloom journal thing, but I doubt they will until the subscriptions dip another few million and people start complaining about how hard it is to start on a new server when they're all but dead... oh, wait, connected realms. So maybe never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

account wide gold would be amazing but if they did something for account wide banks it would probably need to be in addition to the current bank system so you can still put soulbound stuff for each char in their own bank

10+ Year Old Account
    I can go with the bank, if it's another bank or making the already one bigger.

But the shared gold, is a little too lazy for me. I agreed with the bank because I direly need bank space.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You can already mail gold around as much as you won't so that won't be a major change, not one for Blizzard to focus imho.

Not sure how accountw-wide banks would work with soulbound items and limited storage, so I don't really see how that could be implemented well.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    You can already mail gold around as much as you won't so that won't be a major change, not one for Blizzard to focus imho.

Not sure how accountw-wide banks would work with soulbound items and limited storage, so I don't really see how that could be implemented well.
    Again, account wide gold (across different realms) would cause issues with the economy on different servers. Otherwise, it would be a great idea.

Realm-wide gold would work.

Deleted
    If there were less soulbounds it would be awesome to pull a rent-a-bank slot service

Account wide? No.

Realm wide? Yes, with limits. As in, gold could be completely shared, but bank space should be limited in some form. Limiting similar to what Aion has would work. In Aion you are given about 10 slots which can be used by all characters on a realm, so you can store and transfer items to and from characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Again, account wide gold (across different realms) would cause issues with the economy on different servers. Otherwise, it would be a great idea.

Realm-wide gold would work.
    You can already do this via the pet journal, yet it hasn't crashed any server's economy. It's not a valid argument, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    You can already do this via the pet journal, yet it hasn't crashed any server's economy. It's not a valid argument, sorry.
    I wasn't suggesting it would crash anyting, simply noting it would cause issues with the economy of different servers.

And I wasn't aware that you could pass large amounts of gold between servers through the pet journal. My apologies for my lack of knowledge on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I wasn't suggesting it would crash anyting, simply noting it would cause issues with the economy of different servers.

And I wasn't aware that you could pass large amounts of gold between servers through the pet journal. My apologies for my lack of knowledge on the matter.
    Cause what issues, exactly? It's really a straw man the people bring out whenever something like this comes up, but there's no weight to it at all.

And yes, you can pass large amounts of gold through the pet journal. You get a drop or buy a pet cheap on one server, switch to another toon on another server, cage up the little fuck and sell his ass. This exact thing happens all the time, yet the earth isn't shaking and the heavens haven't split wide.

Exists in Diablo 3, should exit in WoW.

But that bank better be enormous. I mean hundreds of slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    Cause what issues, exactly? It's really a straw man the people bring out whenever something like this comes up, but there's no weight to it at all.

And yes, you can pass large amounts of gold through the pet journal. You get a drop or buy a pet cheap on one server, switch to another toon on another server, cage up the little fuck and sell his ass. This exact thing happens all the time, yet the earth isn't shaking and the heavens haven't split wide.
    You seem very passionate about this subject, so I will agree that selling an occasional pet is the same as opening up the possibility to transfer any item via the bank and buy/sell anything with the large amounts of gold you can have on your level 1 on any server at any given point.

I concede.

Deleted
    here's hoping

I would love account wide gold but not account wide bank, I need that extra space.

Well, I certainly wouldn't be against it. It's never really been a problem for me; if I need some gold on an alt it's a minute process by mail, but I suppose to someone who has tons of alts who actively hold on to stuff, it could be a hassel.

Deleted
    shameless bump

By far one of the worst things about Guild Wars 2, and the design with the most blatant intention of pushing micro-transactions, is the way that banks are shared. There's barely enough bag space in either game to begin with.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    By far one of the worst things about Guild Wars 2, and the design with the most blatant intention of pushing micro-transactions, is the way that banks are shared. There's barely enough bag space in either game to begin with.
    Well what are you storing? Because materials & pets all go into a huge storage!