5.4 Mr Robot crit/mastery weights

I'm using the crit/mastery breakpoint spreadsheet and I am trying to come up with a good stat weighting for Mr. Robot in order to properly gem/upgrade gear. I can't seem to find a good setting though. I'm just LFR/Flex but I still want to min/max when I play. Just don't have the time for a dedicated raiding guild like I used to back in the days.

Mr. Robot got me up to over 14k spirit and I just couldn't use mana fast enough. At the same time I felt like my heals were lacking a bit. Healcalc was also showing that higher crit would get more throughput as well.

I love being able to use Mr. Robot for gear upgrade decisions, but I don't want to keep going back to the default profiles. I'm thinking about changing loot spec to Shadow in order to drop some of the spirit gear from my loot tables.

Hope someone can provide some insight on this one.

AMR is poop for healers.

1) Install reforgelite
    2) Set a profile for disc using the stat weights from the spreadsheet
    3) Cap spirit at what you're comfortable with (14k is a joke for disc.... like 6-12 with 12 being an extreme case)

AMR just...

Has some flaws. =)

Here's an interesting post you might find some insight, as you mentioned the wimpy-heal syndrome:

http://talesofapriest.com/2012/10/09...vs-throughput/

It's a bit older, but it's still some insight. At what cost do you start to cut into your throughput for mana regen?

Cheers!

Deleted
    At a guess you are running a disc build? if you could list your toon name and server (whether EU/US) that would be really useful too.

spirit levels vary on playstyle and comfortability with the spec. personally i run with 10700 with 2xthroughput trinkets, ive seen some characters at 15k, some at 6k spirit.

with crit/mastey balancing, the more crit you have the more that mastery will be valued in simulations. so its a tough one when you look on the face of things. without knowing the gear that you have etc etc, as a very generalised answer.....

spirit to 10k
    crit> all

pick up socket bonuses, they are worth it!

Also, recently brought up at H2P:

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4769

With regards to favoring crit and the 2pc.

I personally favor crit a bit ahead of my mastery, but I'm 25m.

Doh! Sorry about forgetting the armory. Can't link yet, but the character is Pennycillin - Kael'Thas (US)

I'll check out reforgelite and the links provided.

Again, just LFR/Flex so don't laugh at the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    At a guess you are running a disc build? if you could list your toon name and server (whether EU/US) that would be really useful too.

spirit levels vary on playstyle and comfortability with the spec. personally i run with 10700 with 2xthroughput trinkets, ive seen some characters at 15k, some at 6k spirit.

with crit/mastey balancing, the more crit you have the more that mastery will be valued in simulations. so its a tough one when you look on the face of things. without knowing the gear that you have etc etc, as a very generalised answer.....

spirit to 10k
    crit> all

pick up socket bonuses, they are worth it!
    Yes I am running a disc build. I reforged/regemmed last night down to 10170 spirit, 10997 crit, and 3418 mastery. Looks like the mastery is very low based on the split point and that's where AMR started going wonky. It would either throw me at 10k crit and 3k mastery or 9k mastery and 3k crit. At that point I just threw my hands in the air and came here. I just couldn't get it tweaked so I figured there had to be a better way to manage gems and reforges for those who are way too OCD for their own good.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ycillin/simple

Here's the OP's armory.

Glyph of PW Shield is poop. Trash that and pick up inner sanctum or fade glyph.

Switch enchants to the throughput ones. Glorious stats rather than spirit, legs should be the int/crit one.

ToF is generally stronger than DI in most cases.

Take some gems out of spirit and put them into int/spi or crit/int. At that ilvl, I think the purple's are going to serve you better than pure blues. You'll benefit greatly from the added spell power.

And I don't know if you're on the legendary quest, but the healer meta is pretty much OP. As disc you can get free rapture kicks (now 100% the cost of PW Shield) from the meta proc. 4 seconds leaves you enough room for 1-2 pw:s with ease.

I highly suggest giving this guide a read:

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1837
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2013-10-02 at 06:16 PM. Reason: edited for derp

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    AMR is poop for healers.

1) Install reforgelite
    2) Set a profile for disc using the stat weights from the spreadsheet
    3) Cap spirit at what you're comfortable with (14k is a joke for disc.... like 6-12 with 12 being an extreme case)

AMR just...

Has some flaws. =)
    By flaws with AMR, you mean flaws with the person using AMR, right?

You can set caps for anything, and it does stat weights just like any other addon/website you'd use.

Yes, the standard weights are poop.

But the standard weights for healing are SO exceedingly BAD. There's no excuse for it.

[ rant ]
    It's been brought to their attention many times and the refuse to fix it. They seem to have most DPS down pat, but healing isn't as cut and dry and I'm sure the theory isn't that easy -- but I digress. I have a very negative opinion of the devs after multiple people I know used their spreadsheet, pointed out some things that needed fixed (most humorously, that HW: Sanc ticks for more than Hymn...) and they just dismissed it as user error even though multiple people reported these things. [ /end rant ]

I am aware AMR has developed an in game addon, but really reforgelite was more intuitive to me and that's why I recommended it.
    So in the interest of fairness, sure, check out the AMR in-game addon. Regorgelite is just that, lite.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2013-10-02 at 04:57 PM.

AMR for healers should really be a guideline only at best and not taken as pure instruction, and always do custom stat weights as the defaults are horrible. Once you determine your ideal stat weights it's a lot better but still only suggestions. I find it's good with reforging and enchants, but not so hot with gems.

AMR has done a great job with their optimizer, it's really improved from what it was. As long as you edit the weights your self, it works perfectly fine.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    FWIW, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ycillin/simple is OP's armoury, Naer has linked Kelthuzad, rather than Kael Thas

gearing looks pretty good, the cloak will help -purely from ilvl, u have a couple of +320 spirit gems that could happily be swapped into hybrids

Ah, didn't catch that! Thank you. I fixed it so there wouldn't be any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    FWIW, (link removed for quoting purposes) is OP's armoury, Naer has linked Kelthuzad, rather than Kael Thas

gearing looks pretty good, the cloak will help -purely from ilvl, u have a couple of +320 spirit gems that could happily be swapped into hybrids
    Hoping to clear the celestial scenario tonight for the epic. Last night was pretty bad so I know I had to be doing something wrong. Checking HowtoPriest for more info. I'm down to 1 pure blue gem (may have been looking at the wrong armory link from above), but I will swap that out.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make some additional changes this evening once I am online and I'll see how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Reforged into more crit/mastery and it made a pretty big difference. Also got my epic cape tonight which gave me a big boost as well. I spent about an hour fiddling with crit and mastery weights on AMR but I could not find a good setting that didn't try to do wild swings in my reforges, so I am going to stick with reforgelight and just tweak here and there. I'm sitting at 9800 spirit until I can get a feel for my mana usage and then I will do a second reforge. Thanks for the input.

Deleted
    Hey all!

Great thread this. I've been wondering the last few weeks on how to improve my healoutput.

My char is Vésta from Draenor, EU server.

I'm going to change it from spirit stacking to crit/mastery, as I've been a victim of the 'im burning my mana, so need more regen'.

I do have a question. Other than smite, penance and holy fire for dps - spirit shell, wings, penance, PW:S, PoM, PoH, FH (prog) and normal heal for my healing, are there spells you prior using over others? especially when aiming for crit/mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc234c89a3fd; 2013-10-03 at 11:44 AM.