Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hunter - Siegecrafter Blackfuse - Assembly Line - Soloable?

Good Morning All,

I posted this on the official forums, but figured I'd get more useful responses here. My guild is going to finally be hitting up Siegecrafter tonight. (Unfortunately we've had some scheduling issues, so progress hasn't come as we expected.)

I know we can disengage onto and off of the assembly line, thereby negating the debuff from the pipes. I just have one question for the purpose of clarity. I've seen references here and there on these forums about hunters soloing the assembly line. Therefore, I just want to clarify that point. Are hunters feasibly soloing the assembly line? Or were these in reference to just being able to get on and off more often than others?

This is for 10m by the way.

Shandol on Korgath is my hunter if interested in armory. But to save some searches, 547 ilvl, 2 pc T16, normal AoC, etc. And i'm running surv by default as it's just my preference at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I have done it 3 weeks now solo. Very doable.

I don't know how much health they have on 10man, but I think it's pretty safe to say you can solo them. On 25N they have 8150k and that's almost soloable.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

I stopped doing at all due to pet issues. Often it would bug out on the conveyor belt and be unable to attack.

Its completely Soloable. I'm still 4pc T15 with ToT trinkets @ ilvl 535 running at SV.

If pet doesn't despawn/follow you; you can get it back to your side. Not sure which of my macros actually brought it to my side, but one of them did.. lol..

Either

#showtooltip Master's Call
    /petdefensive
    /petpassive
    /cast [help] Master's Call; [harm] Master's Call
    /cast [@player] Master's Call
    /cast Dive
    /cast Dash

Or

/Cower
    /Mend Pet

Awesome, thank you all for the responses. Looks like I was right not to trust the official forums. Still nary a response on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I stopped doing at all due to pet issues. Often it would bug out on the conveyor belt and be unable to attack.
    Same here. The pet seams to just stand there for a few seconds and then move to the targeted weapon and then stop again. Sometimes it's on my pet, sometimes it's on the Dire Beast, not sure what causes the issue.

Wouldn't suggest doing it as BM, it's double, but can get close since the pet doesn't attack all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo it BM weekly never had a pet issue. Bm is easier to solo the weapons than SV.

I tried it last lockout as MM and didn't have any problems other than the pet bugging out a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I solo it BM weekly never had a pet issue. Bm is easier to solo the weapons than SV.
    Same, though I wouldn't expect it would be any easier than SV really. Any spec should be able to do it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Same, though I wouldn't expect it would be any easier than SV really. Any spec should be able to do it.
    the only thing I can say is when you go pool your focus starting out i would kill it a little bit after it passed the point of no return now I can do it in half the time as sv and bm. have bw for it is kinda nice but sv right now is too fun

hello fellow stormreavean
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it easily doable as a hunter. I've done it as bm I just have to resummon my pet once I land on the belt. Another thing I do, but it's not necessary, is I disengage off the belt onto the main platform. For some reason I find it easier to do especially since I talent for the extra movement speed to rush back to the group.

On 10, the disassembled things have ~3.5m hp and I usually just save my BW's for it. I haven't gotten around to doing it full time with the Disengage back and forth yet though lol.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    Yeah it easily doable as a hunter. I've done it as bm I just have to resummon my pet once I land on the belt. Another thing I do, but it's not necessary, is I disengage off the belt onto the main platform. For some reason I find it easier to do especially since I talent for the extra movement speed to rush back to the group.
    SUMMON YOUR PET WHEN YOU ARE ON THE GROUND NOT WHEN YOURE FALLING OR YOUR ASS WILL GO SPLAT ON THE BELT AND DIE. Im not proud to say that....but it had to be said so my fellow hunter bros dont suffer like I did.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Hey mate,

Yep I solo the belt myself. I use the pipe to get onto the line and disengage off.

Usually don't need a cooldown, but in case I'm really unlucky with procs I save rapid fire (1st belt I have bloodlust for as we BL at start) - not really a dps race boss; far more important that one of the weapons is downed.

I'm i546, 4p t15, no trinkets from this tier yet, running survival.

we started of tanking the boss a little bit to far away from the tubes you need to get into/onto to get to the belt, my pet kept despawning on me so i set it on passive while running towards the tube, masters call was helpful as well, as soon as we kept the boss near the belt i didnt need to do any petcontrols to keep it active/summomend.

Quote Originally Posted by trollsroyce View Post
    Hey mate,

Yep I solo the belt myself. I use the pipe to get onto the line and disengage off.

Usually don't need a cooldown, but in case I'm really unlucky with procs I save rapid fire (1st belt I have bloodlust for as we BL at start) - not really a dps race boss; far more important that one of the weapons is downed.

I'm i546, 4p t15, no trinkets from this tier yet, running survival.
    How can you do this? You get a debuff when you use a pipe that makes you unable to get onto it twice in a row. Are you using the pipe every other time when able, and using disengage for the rest?

OT:

I'm running the belt on our kills, but starting to think melee's will be a better choice at it aslong as the boss is kept nearby a pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    How can you do this? You get a debuff when you use a pipe that makes you unable to get onto it twice in a row. Are you using the pipe every other time when able, and using disengage for the rest?

OT:

I'm running the belt on our kills, but starting to think melee's will be a better choice at it aslong as the boss is kept nearby a pipe.
    It's very possible that he's saying he uses the pipe to disengage up on to the conveyor belt.

Also melee has a large disadvantage not being able to DPS the weapons before they pass the first wall of lasers as well as after they pass the last one. That's a solid 8-10 globals of extra damage that makes Hunters ideal for the job.

So that's why I wasn't able to fully dps down the add in my group! I was getting them to around 10%, granted with a late start. How do people Disengage ONTO the belt?

Deleted
    Been soloing it with ease since 1st week as a DK.