Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    We also had some issues with the adds on the first kill.
    Here's how we do it.

DDs and Healers stack on the "platform" behind the boss because it's very big. We did not really get any problems with the "voids" of the sha bolt.
    The 1. tank pulls and tanks the boss on the platform right to us. After the 1. corrosive blast, there's a tank switch and the boss tank just stays on the main platform of the healers and dds. That's possible, because the boss will swirl now and the 2nd corrosive blast will be maybe 20 secs after the swirl.
    This brings you some advantages:
    1.) If you have to "avoid" the swirl, especially as a healer, you will never get any range problems to the main tank
    2.) The current boss tank can also try to get some of the adds or even dps them if the other tank pulls them near the boss.
    3.) If you cannot avoid the swirl, use some personal CDs or just run to the "entrance" to the fallen protectors OR run through the swirl (means to the right as it goes clockwise) and you will only get one hit.

Right before the 2nd swirl, the 2nd corrosive blast happens. So make sure that the tank leaves the platform to the right again. The adds should be (almost) dead, now.

Our dds stack up to 4 debuffs, some heals also try to get 3 or 4 as this not really much damage. Tanks also 4 or 5, but more than 6 seems too much. We have prot warri and blood dk or druid. Positioning was the key for us.

Good luck
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-10-10 at 09:39 AM. Reason: stfu grammar :P

As an hpala healer, I would get 1/3 or 1/2 of the adds from healing agro (other healers got the rest), and then realize after positioning adjustments that I would just stand close to the Boss Tank (without getting hit by blast) and throw most of my heals onto him. If the tank appears to be getting trucked throw a sac or other DR (clemency is great) during the damage, but preferably time it for the blast as higher stacks will kill your tank if the other is busy with adds. OT grabs adds off me and all the healers throw down a few cds and dispel the DPS. DPS will die very fast if their debuffs from attacking get too high. I'm sure it's been mentioned, but immunity or throw a large DR cd / raid wall if people are going to get hit otherwise. Just standard stuff, mostly burst damage on tanks so manage it the best you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    DDs and Healers stacks on the "platform" behind the boss because it's very big.

Positioning was the key for us.
    ^This too.
    Last edited by Krommm; 2013-10-11 at 04:21 PM.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Could anyone please give some advice from a tank perspective? I'm a ranged dps, and this fight seems pretty easy, and the guide is very helpful, but we wiped for 2 1/2 hours on this and moved on to protectors instead, which was a very easy fight for us in comparison .... and what happened to us pretty much every time was our tanks would get globaled. The healers said there wasn't anything they could do, the tanks were taking 1 million + hits and just dying.

They would have 5-7+ stacks on average, which makes sense to the rest of us as to why they are dying, dps is hitting 3-4 stacks and then killing adds, but our tanks say that they must keep attacking to maintain active mitigation. Our mt insists that all the videos he watched have the tanks taking 10+ stacks and being fine, he really wants to rush it and insists that we need to get past the first P1 before the 2nd swelling corruption or all is lost.

Any advice please?
    The tank that has the boss needs to pick up and add or two to attack for AM, not the boss. Usually when you start getting stacks a few will pop up next to you, if you turn and hit it with something it should stay on you. Then when you hit 3/4 stacks, just attack the add instead for AM, then back to boss, etc.

Second swelling corruption is almost always going to be a wipe (whether it be from having adds during transition or because its an indicator that your dps wont meet berserk). The first time we did the strategy perfectly we hit the berserk. Had a dps switch some talents and had everyone split up better for the transitions, killed it the next pull with 45 seconds to spare.

Armory in sig.
    Raid stays in one area, we move maybe 1/6 of the room during swirl to move away from puddles. Two tanks, one on boss one on adds, switch on the cone attack.

What we do is pop time warp on pull and nuke until the stacks go up, as soon as the stacks are there everyone but out shadow priest, rogue, and tanks stop dps. At this point the tank that isn't on the boss is sitting in the middle of the raid picking up adds (They don't hit hard at all). The dps that aren't on the boss are now killing adds full time, and after the rogue cloaks he switches off the boss as well to not build stacks. The boss will normally lose all his stacks relatively quickly and when he has ~5 left everyone just gets on the boss again. Boss for us on our first kill was doing 2 cone attacks early and then one, and eventually didn't even do any.

The stacks reset after the 2nd swirl, need to have him pushed before it later into the fight. Normally don't do it on the first couple just because we aren't all dpsing.

Despite this boss being "easy", it took my raid longer to learn it than others in the zone, and we still wipe a few times each week. It took ~20 attempts to get this down, versus 15 for protectors, 3 for norushen, 10 for sha, 3 for galakras, 10 for Iron Jug....

So if you're really truly stuck, don't be afraid to check out the other bosses and come back to it next week.

Deleted
    We also pop lust on the pull and burn the 50 stacks off quickly with a mass dispel. Never got a 2nd cast of it and he still berserked on the final submerge phase (we wiped out a few adds and our prot pally bubbled when the rest hit and wiped out the group, managed to snag the kill)