Evil Eye of Galakras bugged

I got Evil Eye of Galakras last night and upraded it 2x. the tool tip says:

Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 42%. Effective for Strength-based damage roles only.
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 12671 Strength for 10 sec. (15% chance, 55 sec cooldown)

I my bladestorm has a 1 minute CD and with the trinket it is only bring it down to 42 CD shouldn't it 35 seconds? Am I missing something?

Its cooldown recovery rate, not cooldown reduction.
    if it was 100% recovery rate it would half the cooldown time, from 1 min to 30 sec. It being 42% it reduces it by 17.4 sec
    Unless i understood the trinket wrong also

I know some will blast me for this quest but what is the difference between CD recovery rate and CD reduction? I know what CD reduction rate is.

The trinket doesnt reduce the actual CD shorter by 42%, it makes the cd recover 42% faster than it would normally did. Its not the same thing. If the trinket said it reduces cd recovery rate by 100% it wouldnt make it zero, would mean its comes up twice as fast, meaning making the cd half than it originally is.

CD reduction is the amount of time the something takes to be off CD

CD recovery rate? I am not following you because when I read CD recovery rate, to me that means reduces the amount time it takes the CD to come off CD.

Increases the speed at which cds come off, think of it like fast forward option on videos. Fast forward makes the video go faster but doesnt reduce the "duration" of the movie. A 2h movie is 2h long, if u put it at fast forward u can go through it in 1h, but it will has the same amount content in it, it doesnt cut off the 2nd part of the movie. I dont know how to put it to words better, maybe some1 else can explain faster

The math behind how u calculate ur cd with the trinket is different than just cutting off 42%

thank for your help, I appreciate it, some would been a jerk.

Dont know if it actually helped or not, but the fact of the matter is the trinket isnt bugged

Deleted
    If you want to work out how long a CD actually takes to come off CD with this trinket, merely divide the time by 1.42.

For example, 60 sec CD:

60/1.42 = 42.25

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    If you want to work out how long a CD actually takes to come off CD with this trinket, merely divide the time by 1.42.

For example, 60 sec CD:

60/1.42 = 42.25
    I've been searching a bit for this thread, since I thought the trinket was bugged as well.

Anyways, I still think it is, if I am to follow your math.

I have the RF version (35% recovery rate), and the CD on Avenging Wrath is 2 minutes, right. With the trinket equipped, it is 1.48 minutes, so 12 seconds lower.

I had the understanding that Recovery Rate and Reduced Cooldown would be the same thing, but I'm trying to understand the math behind it.

Anyways, if you're math is correct, the "new" cooldown would be 1.28 minutes (120/1.35 = 88.8 seconds), but it isn't.

So.. Is your math wrong, or is the trinket bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Retarjoe View Post
    I've been searching a bit for this thread, since I thought the trinket was bugged as well.

I have the RF version (35% recovery rate), and the CD on Avenging Wrath is 2 minutes, right. With the trinket equipped, it is 1.48 minutes, so 12 seconds lower.

I had the understanding that Recovery Rate and Reduced Cooldown would be the same thing, but I'm trying to understand the math behind it.

Anyways, if you're math is correct, the "new" cooldown would be 1.28 minutes (120/1.35 = 88.8 seconds), but it isn't.

Actually, your math is wrong. 1.48 minutes is not a decrease of 12 seconds, but 31.2 seconds. If the cooldown on the ability said "1 minute, 48 seconds", you would be correct - however it says 1.48 minutes, which is really 88.8 seconds. It is functioning correctly.

The math is correct, one minute is 60 seconds so .48 of a minute is 28.8 seconds. 1.48 = 88.8 seconds

the trinket is not bugged 120/1.35 is idd 88.8sec which is 1 minute and 28 sec or as blizzard type it 1.48

the type the minutes in % not in seconds 1min will be 1.0 for blizzard, 30 seconds is 0.5
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Boils down to the same reason why 100% haste = 2x attack speed, not infinite attack speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    The math is correct, one minute is 60 seconds so .48 of a minute is 28.8 seconds. 1.48 = 88.8 seconds
    Yay for my math!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    I know some will blast me for this quest but what is the difference between CD recovery rate and CD reduction? I know what CD reduction rate is.
    Just to try and elaborate a bit, recovery rate and cooldown reduction are not entirely the same thing. I'll try and explain using 1min/60 sec cooldowns as examples.

It increases the speed at which CDs will come off CD. This is different to directly reducing the CD time.

For example, lets say it you could get a Godly-WarriorSuperForged Evil Eye of Galakras that increases the CD recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 100%.

This would cause skills such as Bloodbath and Dragon Roar to be a 30 sec cooldown (60 divided by 2). If it reduced the cooldown by 100%, then those skills would have a 0sec CD (apart from DR having a global cooldown ofc).

To put it in real life perspective, let's say you have a car and travel from Town A to Town B in 60 mins. You buy a new engine called Evil Eye of GalaKARS (see what I did there?) that increases the speed you will get there by 50%. This would increase the speed of your car, and your journey, and you will get there in 40 mins.

It doesn't bring Town B 50% closer to you.

Hope this helps, if not then sorry for screwing with your brain!
    Last edited by mmoc347565242b; 2013-10-04 at 12:01 PM.