Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Items only available in F/N/H mode but not lfr?

I seen this question asked to GC

Now with FlexR getting implement, @Ghostcrawler could you remove tier pieces from LFR? They should only be accessible in FlexR/N/H raids
    Where he said

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We discussed that idea, but instead there will be items only available in F/N/H mode.
    We discussed limiting tier items but are more likely to limit some other kinds of items.
    The concern is that LFR needs some rewards - we aren't trying to kill it or else we'd just disable it.
    So what do you guys think? I personally think they should not be limiting gear form LFR just mounts, titles and vanity items

Deleted
    Either they disable LFR completely (not sure I wouldn't apreciate the choice, quite the other way around actually) or they keep it like this.
    Removing too much stuff from LFR would be like making it completely useless, at which point you'd be back to the start and pondering why even have it exist.

Imho the current scenario is balanced enough.

By the end of 5.4 or 5.5, just before 6.0, everyone and their brother will be working on alts, it will be pretty easy to get your self into a flex or even a normal and get a shot at that sweet sweet loot. At the end of Cata I leveled a druid from 0 to 85 and within 2 weeks of hitting 85 I tanked a normal DS having never tanked anything before in my entire wow history, my normal role is healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo729 View Post
    By the end of 5.4 or 5.5, just before 6.0, everyone and their brother will be working on alts, it will be pretty easy to get your self into a flex or even a normal and get a shot at that sweet sweet loot. At the end of Cata I leveled a druid from 0 to 85 and within 2 weeks of hitting 85 I tanked a normal DS having never tanked anything before in my entire wow history, my normal role is healer.

Well IMO they should make flex and normal on the same lockout

This is a quote from June, the items they decided to limit away from LFR where the heirlooms that dropped off Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    For what purpose?

Also pets and mounts off garrosh.

Honestly, flex is easier than lfr when you consider there's less idiots to carry. They already allowed people to finish a legendary in LFR why give them anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Honestly, flex is easier than lfr when you consider there's less idiots to carry. They already allowed people to finish a legendary in LFR why give them anything else.
    The legendary this xpac was a joke, if they are going to make bosses require a legendary than it should be accessible in LFR

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    nah iv already seen guilds use flex as a building block to enter normal the same week, to practice strats and what not. Its nice tool for guilds that might not have the skill to walk right into normal and clear 13 or 14 bosses in a week.

We've also used it on our server to combine multiple guilds into flex just for social fun its made the community feel a bit better and allows people to bring mains and alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    This is a quote from June, the items they decided to limit away from LFR where the heirlooms that dropped off Garrosh.
    Question was asked about 6.0 on-wards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    For what purpose?
    To lower burnout and to make it for what it was for guilds but that's my opinion

remove lfr, turn it to a raid proving grounds, done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    remove lfr, turn it to a raid proving grounds, done.
    LFR is not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Also pets and mounts off garrosh.
    he drops a pet? thought it was just a mount

Sorry, confusing wording. Other bosses drop the pets.

I think keeping it as it is works pretty good. The people who run the organized raids get their specialty items that they can show off while those who run LFR still have something to work towards. Win-Win.

To determine what is or is not suitable for inclusion in LFR you really have to take a look at what LFR was intended for, and why Flex is something entirely different.

The core difference between the two is the need for an organised core, with specific time requirements and leadership.
    The very things which were keeping many players with time commitment issues out of normal difficulty, hence why LFR exists.

If the legendary was just a single end of expansion item with an appropriate ilvl boost over the normal/heroic end of expansion gear then there would have been no need for it to be obtainable through LFR, as it would have not have hurt anyone significantly in earlier tiers if they did not have it. Any tier in which it was obtainable needs to take that into account.

However as it is more than that, both a huge upgrade over the lower tier equipment and the inclusion of the gem then I will argue that excluding LFR players from it would have hurt their progression unfairly, being that the content would have no doubt been balanced with the assumption that at least some players had it.

Mounts/Pets and non-gear items are different in that they do not make or break progression, they do not affect the completion of an encounter.

It is perfectly fine for organised raiding to have something to show for it, and the mounts/achievements do that fine.
    Sure a legendary would have been nice as that sort of "showoff" standard, but in the end it matters not how that is shown.
    You have your means of showing off, so leave us alone when really it is the community which has forced us into the position we are.
    We are the consequences of your actions.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-02 at 09:18 PM.

The only items restricted from LFR are the mounts, certain pets, the heirlooms and the Tusks of Mannoroth.

Pets aren't really restricted from LFR, it just drops a different one. Collectors will always want both.

Flex is so much more enjoyable and just better for the community and the game. I hope next expansion they just get rid of the cesspool that LFR has turned into.
    Last edited by morfraen; 2013-10-02 at 10:18 PM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Add mounts, titles and vanity stuff to F/N/H Only.

The core loot table with no fancy rewards from LFR.

LFR is about the content, not the prizes. If you want the good stuff, work for it.

Normal and Heroic already have titles, mounts and Glories, on top of a stupidly higher item level.
    Removing gear from LFR just makes it look like something that is destined to a group of second grade players
    Last edited by dalch; 2013-10-02 at 11:40 PM.