Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Add mounts, titles and vanity stuff to F/N/H Only.

The core loot table with no fancy rewards from LFR.

LFR is about the content, not the prizes. If you want the good stuff, work for it.
    LFR is content, gearing alts and for those that do not have time commit to raids

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Sorry, confusing wording. Other bosses drop the pets.
    Every pet that drops on normal mode also drops in LFR except for 1, and that is the Sha Droplet. On that boss, LFR drops the gooey droplet. For that one boss, Flex actually drops both.

Gooey Sha - Flex, LFR
    Sha Droplet - Flex, Normal, Heroic

Every other pet drops everywhere.

LFR has always had items not included. Some of the weapons in Dragon Soul did not have lfr versions (Lightning Rod etc). This is considered 'the norm'. People shouldnt complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    Normal and Heroic already have titles, mounts and Glories, on top of a stupidly higher item level.
    Removing gear from LFR just makes it look like something that is destined to a group of second grade players
    The glory meta achievement can be completed exclusively in Flex mode.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Pets aren't really restricted from LFR, it just drops a different one. Collectors will always want both.

Flex is so much more enjoyable and just better for the community and the game. I hope next expansion they just get rid of the cesspool that LFR has turned into.
    Would that be the same community that makes up the people in LFR or any difficulty for that matter ?
    No, it is not better for the community when that community is responsible for it.

The community complaining about a problem they made, because they are too damn arrogant to see that they are ruining the experience more than blizzard are.

LFR exists because of an arrogant and narrow-minded community.
    Same said community can't stop whining about it.

I disagree with the concept. If they were only providing the special rewards in Heroic, I would be fine with it. Because then it would be an exclusive reward for excellence and dedication. Having it in every difficulty except for LFR isn't a carrot, it is a stick. It tells people that it isn't about dedication, excellence or difficulty it is simply a middle finger to one segment of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Well IMO they should make flex and normal on the same lockout
    Please no, I love running flex with my friends, since we have more than 10 people in a 10 people guild, without sacrificing normal/heroic progress.

Edit: Although next xpac I think Normal should be "flexible" in that it could scale with number of people. Wouldn't happen because many normal guilds feel the need to min/max to a small extent as far as raid comp, and that would defeat the purpose of Flex, but as a guild that had to drop from 25 man to 10 man, it would've been awesome to run a 20-man Throne of Thunder normal progression raid until we got to heroic.
    Last edited by Saiyoran; 2013-10-03 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Flex is for gearing alts and those who do not have time to commit to raid. LFR is for players that simply don't care about anything beyond moar epix. which is why thats all you get from them.
    That is bullshit and you know it. They never added flex in for gearing alt and for people that don't have time to commit to raid. It was added for guilds blizzards own words

Only time you see these thread is when the OP is upset he can't get the heirloom weapon off LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Only time you see these thread is when the OP is upset he can't get the heirloom weapon off LFR.
    I could careless about the heirloom weapon

So what do you guys think?s
    I think that if you want the queue system to be effective and remotely time-convenient, then the environment needs to be enticing.

A good but somewhat indirect example is the current disparity between LFR ToT and LFR SoO. As of today, the wait time for ToT is about 15-20 minutes, and LFR is about an hour (especially for the second wing). This is due to a) ToT still being enticing because there are probably a lot of folks who still need titan runestones, and b) flex is more lucrative than LFR in the case of SoO, so fewer are bothering with it.

The point is, removing tier gear would simply demotivate folks to run it, and widespread participation is sort of key.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Please no, I love running flex with my friends, since we have more than 10 people in a 10 people guild, without sacrificing normal/heroic progress.
    Same here. I like the possibility of being able to do normal and flex with the same character, in the same week - normal for my raid nights, and the rest of the time I can do flex just because I feel like it, for fun, without worrying about my raid lockout. Or doing flex to help friends gear up, or to gear alts, or whatever. Better than doing LFR (*shudder*) for the same reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Garrosh's shoulders are also, as far as I recall, unavailable on LFR and Flex modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Garrosh's shoulders are also, as far as I recall, unavailable on LFR and Flex modes.
    Those are the Tusks of Mannoroth, mentioned earlier.

So what do you guys think? I personally think they should not be limiting gear form LFR just mounts, titles and vanity items
    From what I've seen from the loot tables the only thing not dropping in LFR are some pets (they get a different version that also drops in Flex), but Flex/Normal/Heroic also drop another type. Mounts (think they drop in flex, but not sure). Then there are the heirloom weapons that drop in Flex/Normal/Heroic.

All this in my opinion is fine as they aren't necessary to progress and extra items for doing the organized versions.

What they did with SoO in comparison between RF/Flex/Norm/Heroic is probably what they'll stick with in the future, and I'm content with that. It seems to be working out pretty well thus far, and it's keeping everyone happy.

The Heirloom idea in particular was genius. Yes, their BiS for right now, and they'll make leveling in the next expansion a bit easier, but they're no where neccesary for 6.0, they'll still be there in the next expansion for people that want them for alts, and they're a nice bonus right now for people that run higher difficulty levels.

The pet variations was also an awesome idea as well, as was having Garrosh's shoulders drop on Normal and Heroic only, along with the usual titles and what not.

If anything, the only thing I would change/add to this is what they talked about earlier this year about legendary items. Keep something like the cloak that tells a story through the entirety of the expansion, but also add a Legendary Weapon drop similar to what they did in BC to the final boss of each tier on Normal and Heroic, and make it something that's very unique to that particular boss (like the Warglaives or Thoridal).

It'll have to be itemized in a way that's obviously not going to make it required for the next tier, but still make it enticing enough to get people who are interested to step into Normal for a chance at it.

Of course, they could just replace the Legendary drop with another Heirloom style weapon, or go the way of the Shoulders of Mannoroth that drop from Garrosh. But something like that would probably make people a bit more happy as well, without upsetting people that choose to only do LFR and Flex. But as I said, right now the game's in a good place in terms of risk vs. reward in terms of what difficulty drops what. Removing Tier and Trinkets from LFR and Flex would just upset people. You want to entice people to do higher difficulty content, not gut the content they're doing now and force them into it.