Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

<Question> Wondering if the game is worthy is the time aka it is good

Hey,

So first do not laugh, i NEVER EVER had anything to do with final fantasy.

I only heard about it, like 2 years ago, so do not have any emotions to it.

At the begining i like the website, jobs/classes system.

But at the first glance of the game, i noticed few things which put me of the game:

- How races looks ( everything is such sunny, looks creppy, for me at least).

- UI looks like it was made years ago, and looks unfinished. Actions bars looks better then the rest.

- Combat looks like wow/everquest etc. ( Just spamming actions bars, correct me if i am wrong. What i meant is

animations looks nice but the character looks static, gw 2 looked more alive).

So the conclussion is:

Is this game worth playing ?

Is this something unique to way i should go pay my money for it ?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Have a nice day,
    Sew

I think the $30 is worth the game and experience. For me, the monthly subscription is not worth playing after the free month.

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    I think the $30 is worth the game and experience. For me, the monthly subscription is not worth playing after the free month.
    I agree with this. I think it's worth $30 to try out and play for a month. Some people will like it, and others won't, and I don't think I can predict which is which.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Hey,

So first do not laugh, i NEVER EVER had anything to do with final fantasy.

I only heard about it, like 2 years ago, so do not have any emotions to it.

At the begining i like the website, jobs/classes system.

But at the first glance of the game, i noticed few things which put me of the game:

- UI looks like it was made years ago, and looks unfinished. Actions bars looks better then the rest.

- Combat looks like wow/everquest etc. ( Just spamming actions bars, correct me if i am wrong. What i meant is

So the conclussion is:

Is this game worth playing ?

Is this something unique to way i should go pay my money for it ?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Have a nice day,
    Sew
    The combat is a lot different than most games.
    For example on my monk I i'm constantly moving around to maintain maximum dps because some abilities do best from the side, and others do best from the back.

I just upgraded to collectors edition and bought 4 month of gametime. I love this game more then any other in years. Ive played gw2, rift, swtor and finally wow for 8 years. And this is my fav by far. Theres a lot lot of things to be improved in this game, but after seeing how active yoshi p is i have no doubt they will be fixed. The game is beautiful, takes some getting used to for sure, byt its very good looking. That being said its not for everyone, i think a lot of ppl wont subscribe, but thats ok. Even if you dont sub its well worth the money spent, and who knows? Maybe u get as hooked as me

Pretty much this. The game has potential, but it is not generally not worth subscription at the present time.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Pretty much this. The game has potential, but it is not generally not worth subscription at the present time.
    Please dont pass off your personal opinion as fact. Ty. For you its not worth it. For hundreds of thousand people, it is. Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Please dont pass off your personal opinion as fact. Ty. For you its not worth it. For hundreds of thousand people, it is. Ty.
    It is simple fact. But if you really really like FF, your welcome to subscribe and enjoy your head start :P

It is simple fact. But if you really really like FF, your welcome to subscribe and enjoy your head start :P
    sigh. you sir are slightly stubborn. its fine you dont wanna sub, but dont pass it off as the norm or even as the only right choice. thats kinda one sided and incorrect. as I said, I can understand many people dont wanna sub and thats OK, but you need to understand that a lot of people DO feel like its worth a sub and then you respect that. deal?

Did you just say that whether people like something or not is a fact?

I'm not sure if serious or you don't know what a fact means.

fact

/fakt/

noun

noun: fact; plural noun: facts

1. A thing that is indisputably the case.

I enjoy FF and will be resubbing, along with thousands of others. Therefore, it is not a fact by definition giving by Merriam Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    There is already a few threads like this one, not sure another one was needed, but I'll bite.
    - Not sure what this means everything look sunny and its crappy or creepy to you? The visuals in the game are pretty awesome on PC on high settings
    - The UI is not fantastic but functional, you can move it around and resize it slightly which is nice. Add ons are coming so hopefully this will be something that can be customized
    -Its a tab target hotkey MMO, not sure similar to all the others out there. There is a 2.5 second GCD so combat is alot slower though.

From the small comments in your post, I would say you shouldn't buy it. I can see you complaining in shout right now about the long GCD and all the things missing from the game that are in other MMOs.

The game is a good game, it has room for improvement but I am enjoying myself and am going to sub. Then again I didn't come into this game with hugely over the top expectations and the monthly fee isn't an issue to me.

- - - Updated - - -

There are alot of folks who are going this route, and I don't blame them. Its a great game for $30 bucks even if played as single player through the main storyline and not as an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    its fine you dont wanna sub, but dont pass it off as the norm or even as the only right choice.
    it will be the norm. Impartially, the game isn't worth a subscription. It's simply not there yet. Most people will find it compares unfavorably to the baseline sub model, or World of Warcraft. There is no contesting this.

That all said, they still have a few weeks before the first free month runs out. If they are smart, they will try to fix some of the glaring issues to keep people playing before people put down the game for good.

ALL that said, it's your money. Spend it how you like! I hope FF makes it. I'm playing it too.

it will be the norm. Impartially, the game isn't worth a subscription. It's simply not there yet. Most people will find it compares unfavorably to the baseline sub model, or World of Warcraft. There is no contesting this
    It is contestable, people are subscribing, therefore people find it worthy of the subscription and either aren't comparing it to anything else and are simply enjoying the game for what it is, or they are comparing it to sometihng else and find this game better.

To the OP, yes the game is worth playing, how long you decide to play is up to you but at least pick up the game and try it for a month and see for yourself instead of listening to a bunch of random people. It's like any other game, some people like it, some people don't. I am enjoying the hell out of this game, ordered the Collector's Edition and bought 6 months of game time...others don't enjoy it as much as I do /shrug. You won't know which side of the fence you're on til you at least try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend you try it first, find a way.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The game looks good, better than most games in the market right now. Apart from no seamless world I can guarantee you satisfactory graphics.

UI is FF12/13 style, it either suits you or it does not. I like it though.

Combat is like wow but way slower. GCD is 2.5s and there are lots of animation locking in places so you can feel combat not smooth at times, esp. as a melee. Many wow players are put off by this design, then swear they wont ever be back. Gamepad control is excellent, its refreshing to play an MMO with a gamepad.

I prefer GW2 combat style, but unfortunately it doesnt work for PvE -at all. Tera provided better alternative, but it made me feel tired after extended play sessions :\

The only unique thing to this game is that you can level all classes in one char - just by swapping weapon. The rest is standard fair.

Ultimately, if the game is worth it or not is up to you, not me to decide. I love it, just have not the time to sink into a MMO any longer. Better buy it and try to figure it out yourself during the free month, its cheap anyways ($30 on Amazon).

P/s: the game is also good for you RPers and FF fans in general - there are TONS of pure fetching quests on your way to 50 with ALOT of quest text to read (or skip). The translation team did an excellent job, although there are times when original Japanese audio and English sub dont match.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2013-10-03 at 04:23 PM.

it will be the norm. Impartially, the game isn't worth a subscription. It's simply not there yet. Most people will find it compares unfavorably to the baseline sub model, or World of Warcraft. There is no contesting this.
    I don't think you understand fact and opinion. To some people the enjoyment they get out of the game is easily worth $15 bucks (which depending on your disposable income has its own weights).

Also my free time from pre order and early release runs out in like 2 days or so.

It's not a fact. But I do agree with your opinion. The game isn't worth subscribing to, in its current state.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Asking people's opinions eh?
    Overall I am pretty pleased with the game. This following is a list of my opinion

Pros:
    Crafting in this game is much different. It takes a long time but I actually enjoy it. A labor of love!
    Any Class Any Time.
    First Time Player Friendly (Though I'm not new)
    Slower combat (To enjoy the fights and you can blink!)
    End Game content is Challenging, Not too easy, not too hard.
    Tons of quests for a release!
    Good story, even if predictable. (Pretty typical FF stuff)

Cons:
    Slower combat (If you die on Titan or Coil that's quite a bit of wasted time)
    None of the mechanics are ground breaking
    There's some quality of life issues that are still in the pipe that havent been fixed.

Thoughts:
    The game is pretty Vanilla flavored. There's nothing NEW in the game. The FATE system is like GW2 and TERA, but has no lasting impact on the surrounding. They are fun, but often zerged and fail to cater to large groups. It's a fun system, but not perfect. Quests turn in like they always have, go back to the giver. Most quests are pretty Vanilla too--no new mechanics. The classes are great and jobs are great. They play and feel different. I'm pleased with the job system.

All in all, the game is pretty basic, but well done. It's got a Final Fantasy feel that FF lovers appreciate. Will it keep people's interests for very long? I'm not sure. There are 2 great MMO's on the horizon that might estrange the FF community, WildStar and Elder Scrolls.
    Which is more musical, a truck passing by a factory or a truck passing by a music school? --John Cage
    There's people making babies to my music. That's nice. --Barry White

One of the biggest positives about the game for me is that it feels so raw but is so good. There's so much scope for improvements and I think they will come. Unfortunately it takes time and nowadays gamer's want everything on a plate from day one. I'll ride the train for a while yet and see where it goes before I decide whether I truly like it or not, but for now it's great.

Deleted
    To the OP : you will only find contradictory opinions in regards to your question. What I'd urge you to do, is ask yourself this: ,,is this game still worth anything for me, 1 year from now?" If the answer is no, better do something with those money. I can promise you'll get way more entertainment with those money in one night out with friends / girls, than in 1 year with this game.