Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    To the OP : you will only find contradictory opinions in regards to your question. What I'd urge you to do, is ask yourself this: ,,is this game still worth anything for me, 1 year from now?" If the answer is no, better do something with those money. I can promise you'll get way more entertainment with those money in one night out with friends / girls, than in 1 year with this game.
    This is one few honest answers i heard in ages. You are right, i should invest in something that give me fun 100% then in something that can give me pleasure.
    Thanks once again for honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremybeadle View Post
    Unfortunately it takes time and nowadays gamer's want everything on a plate from day one.
    Games been released for almost three years, and who knows how long in development before that. It's the work of a moment to sit down, talk about other MMOs, systems that work, systems that don't.

Running CM 25-30 times just to gear up for the next dungeon in line is obviously and blatantly wrong. Of course not everything will be perfect, but you think releasing dungeons in the correct order should be pretty easy to get right for these highly paid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    To the OP : you will only find contradictory opinions in regards to your question. What I'd urge you to do, is ask yourself this: ,,is this game still worth anything for me, 1 year from now?" If the answer is no, better do something with those money. I can promise you'll get way more entertainment with those money in one night out with friends / girls, than in 1 year with this game.
    Pretty sure its not an either or kinda thing. I think its quite possible people could enjoy this AND something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    This is one few honest answers i heard in ages. You are right, i should invest in something that give me fun 100% then in something that can give me pleasure.
    Thanks once again for honest opinion.
    The only real argument against this is there are a lot of games on the market that you pay more for and get less out of. It comes down to personal value. Take a game such as 'Heavenly Sword'. That game was $60 and only had 6-12 hours of gameplay depending on your skill and adaptability. This game for $30 for a month of play time has far more play time value than the other. How you value the game is up to you, and random internet person #17 cannot really tell you more than what they like or don't like, what they get or don't get out of it.

Here is how I see it; you want to know how the game looks, feels, and what you get out of it, you must play it. Want to get a general idea of it? Watch as many videos as possible showing game play, class/job combat, visual styles, fights, etc. It cannot replace hands on; but it is a hell of a lot more meaningful than 'Joe hates it' 'John loves it' and then pages of Joe and John bickering because they can't respect each others opinions (usually it is Joe negative that cannot respect John positive viewpoints; key point: negative people tend to be negative).

For quite a few of us, this game is both fun and pleasurable. Some of us still play many other MMOs, some don't, some never played any other ones. We can't form an opinion for you, but we can give you opinions. Value for a sub or initial purchase is ONLY opinion. Even for a game like Aion. When that was sub based, my opinion would be, eh, not worth it ... but that was never a 'fact' as some here try to made their opinions, then try to use lies and manipulation to back it up in subtle ways ... hint: you can't say 'impartially' and magically make your opinion impartial when it is clearly biased to your personal feelings and objections. That is the opposite of impartial.

To try and answer your first post with my opinions ...

- How races looks ( everything is such sunny, looks creppy, for me at least).
    I don't understand. There is a bit of it I see, don't get me wrong. It isn't 'gritty'. But it is high fantasy and not any more sunny than say Rift. The one race is beefy and ugly (imo). The cat race is a strong trend in the asian market, so are the lalafel (or similar things, ex: Tera). Elves are pretty much in every fantasy game, humans as well. I believe you can still download the character creation/benchmark program (or find someone with it to send it to you) and mess around with creation to see if you can make something you like with the choices.

- UI looks like it was made years ago, and looks unfinished. Actions bars looks better then the rest.
    Again, I don't quite understand this. You don't like it's style? That is fine. It is a bit limited in its customizations, but you can move and resize everything ... just not to the extent of Tera/SWtOR/Rift default (I think SWtOR might be one of the better ones) ... or as much as the hundreds of addons for WoW can do (WoW's default is extremely limited).

- Combat looks like wow/everquest etc. ( Just spamming actions bars, correct me if i am wrong. What i meant is animations looks nice but the character looks static, gw 2 looked more alive).
    Well, most action bar based games are gcd + keybind based combat. Tera uses this basically but is more action oriented and no targeting. You use targeted spells in FFXIV. The only ones locked down are casters, outside of instant spells, if you are a black mage or summoner; or white mage casting heals, you will be stationary. If you are a bard, you can shoot arrows on the move from a level 1 archer, you can constantly move and do everything. I haven't done melee much, but you have to avoid attacks. Tanks don't just stand there and take everything to the face, they need to move out of abilities as well; opposed to the way most fights have worked in other games for years. There is a lot of spell effects and animations ... with everything maxed, it can get really crazy on the screen. I can't compare to GW2 because I only had a very faint passing interest in it that never came to fruition so I've not even watched many videos on it. I could however compare it to WoW, SWtOR, Tera, and Rift, because I've played each of those at least a decent amount to a dedicated chunk of my time for extended periods.

Is this game worth playing ?
    Is this something unique to way i should go pay my money for it ?
    For me, my wife, and a couple close friends we've played MMOs and other online games with for many years; yes to both. We all feel this is money well spent. We are all at different stages of the game. I'm working on my relic. Another is getting ready to start on coil. My wife is focusing on other games so she is just messing with different classes to get a feel which one she wants to invest the most time into. We each will continue our subs for we feel it is worth it and we've played all the games I've mentioned together and this is the one we all agree we find unique and enjoyable enough to keep playing. None of us want to return to WoW again, that ship is sailed (while I still keep up with lore and to a lesser extent, my main classes changes). Rift was too grindy for all of us after SL, enjoyed it more in 'chocolate' form, though I still enjoy it from time to time. Tera was great fun; but one of us were burnt out, and as much as I love it, I never felt as dedicated as I wanted to be and without anyone else playing it, I lost all drive. SWtOR I have a love/hate feeling for; but I can't get anyone else to play it; their customer service and issues accessing accounts angered them so much they'll never return; but I love that game.

So, for me, I love Tera and SWtOR, and quite enjoy Rift ... but this game I'm having more fun with than I do any of those for now; and while I feel that way, it is worth a sub, and if it ever changes, it was worth the money I've already invested in it. Just before I tried this game in beta; I half-swore to myself I'd never pay a sub again, with Tera, SWtOR, and Rift being F2P, and me enjoying all three ... with my love for WoW fading to a fond memory. Then, I got into ESO and FFXIV ARR beta the same week. I won't play ESO unless they change it to a F2P model; but happily bought FFXIV.

I was skeptical as hell about this game because I remembered the issues it had in its first incarnation; but a couple rounds of beta testing, and I decided I liked it enough to pay $30 for the game and its first month free. If I feel burnt out or tired; I take a break. I've learned my lessons from WoW (half my problem with the game was me not setting limits for myself and it killed my passion). I find I like all the systems and mechanics. There is work it needs, no doubt; but I feel it is polished and the bans/suspensions for RMT took care of my fading inspiration in them solving my biggest problem with the game (shitty RMT spam by idiots and the idiots that lose their accounts for trying to buy leveling/gil).

Most people ... focus on that part ... most people will find enough challenge with HM Titan and Coil. People that are extremely talented will finish up gearing and be working on the last turn in Coil until 2.1 comes out. That brings more content. They hope to have 3 month content cycles. If they can keep that up; then most likely they will keep the subs of myself and the people I know for some time. If not, I'll go back to SWtOR mainly, and the other two F2P games I like, and the rest of our time on LoL.

Only you can decide though, what you are willing to like and find horrid. Venaliter likes the game, but not enough to pay for it. That is a perfectly valid -opinion-. Others agree, others disagree.

When he says running CM 30 times to gear up, that is true; but it is so for most games in this genre, just more than one place, say like 5. In WoW, what was the gearing path? Spamming 5 heroics, doing dailies, LFR, and a single raid. How much different is that in 5.4 for a new toon? I'm guessing some LFR runs, crafted gear, dailies or whatever gearing quests they have now, and a single current raid. It is how it is ... for better or worse; it isn't a good excuse to say 'well, they do it too', but it isn't much of a count against it when there isn't an alternative elsewhere in the genre either. I'll call it a neutral issue with a sadface attached.

If I run AK once a day, and on any day of the week a second time, I cap out on the top end tomes. The tomes you can 'farm' in AK/CM are for mid level gear, not end game level gear. You can choose to farm that stuff in a few days; or you can take your time ... I don't rush it any longer in these games because this mouse has become away of the gear treadmill and dangling that cheese in front of me is no longer why I play. I play for the reasons I did before I played online, and how I initially played WoW. To be in the fantasy world. To progress at -MY- pace. To have fun. To socialize with nice people who also like to have fun and enjoy the time we spend in the game. I don't play to be world first. I don't play with assholes (besides the long term friends from other games ). My whole focus is to do whatever I want, whenever I want in the game. Not everyone can do what is best for themselves though

Really, you can try it out, it averages $1/day with the free month. That is enough time to try out every combat class and get to work on a testing out a job or two. Get to experience the world, the combat, the feel, etc. This for me isn't a huge investment; but I was in beta so I knew that ahead of time; if I despised the game, I wouldn't be as positive (ex: if I had paid $60 to try Aion, I'd be severely disappointed and a bit upset I wasted my money; I felt disappointed and a waste of money on Skyrim, I played it maybe 2-4 hours total for $60; if I didn't get into ESO beta, I'd certainly be disappointed with my money spent if I bought it when it went live for anything more than $30).

So far, I've been lucky. I've liked every MMO I've invested money in at launch (Rift, SWtOR, Tera, FFXIV ARR). I've been happy enough with all of them that I've subbed afterwards. I don't just like any MMO thrown at me. I wanted to like Aion; but I just couldn't get into it. Visually it couldn't captivate me, combat wise I wasn't that impressed. I felt similar with EQ2. I don't think I left the starter area in EQ2, and I just got past the flight cutscene thing in Aion. I had an open mind with EQ2 and a desire to like Aion for my wife, because she always wanted to play it and wanted to like it herself. Neither game could captivate us at all.

Whatever decision you make, is the right one for you. That goes for anyone. Your choice for yourself is always the right one, at least at that time. WoW isn't worth it to me, that is a 'fact' for me, but it IS worth it to millions. This goes for how Venaliter feels; this game isn't worth it to them; but it IS worth it to others; possibly not you, op, but neither I nor Venaliter can truly make that decision for you.

You need to look into it more, watch videos, and at best, find a friend with it who can let you fool around, create a few toons and test it out, or fool around on one of theirs. Personal experience is the only real answer ... though if you were much more descriptive about your likes, dislikes, etc both towards this game and games like this in general, you could have a much better, more personalized set of opinions from strangers based on your input.

That is the most honest answer one can give.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Is this game worth playing ?

Is this something unique to way i should go pay my money for it ?
    Sew

If you're asking this question then no i would save the time and money. You will most likely get bored and tired of the leveling process in the first 30 levels. 2.5 second cast times and global cooldowns, rooted casting, combat seems longs, zones are gated.

But if you don't mind that and would really like to give this game a try then, well, yes, it's pretty worth it, but it's just another MMO, it doesnt bring anything new to the table, but it enhances little things that makes me appreciate the design department. I can /lounge on almost anything, there's lightning and thundering before storms, and during them. And when it rains, it pours and you can barely see 20 yards in front if you, it's like that when it's foggy as well, and it's awesome! Also the story is a pretty good point too, I loved it, but it's still your ordinary MMO, get levels, grind gear endgame till next patch, rinse repeat.

I agree with this to a point, but it's difficult for me to objectively look at the money spent vs time spent enjoying myself and say that 1 night out > 1 year of game time from a "return on investment" point of view.

Play it if you want, don't play it if you don't. It will be here in a few months with more content and will most likely still be here in a year with even more content and you can come back and check on it then. No worries, it's a game.

Deleted
    whats so hard with just trying it? ^^

i buyed it a week ago, have ton of fun with it till now. dont know how long this fun will last but as long it makes fun im gonna play it.

this "is it like that?", "this looks stupid" or "wow did this better" just holds people back for anything new/different/something else. just try it and if you dont like it stop it.

everybody has his own opinion and reason to play something... i for example love this game because its atmosphere (forest looks like a forest, weather effects, the music, the story) and the gameplay (standart old mmorpgs). other wont like it

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    I think the $30 is worth the game and experience. For me, the monthly subscription is not worth playing after the free month.
    I agree with this. Population is good now, unless it goes down drastically don't expect it to go f2p.

I have thought a lot about whether or not I want to renew my subscription.

I wouldn't play the game for endgame, but it gives me something to do when I am not raiding because I am pretty much bored with everything else in World of Warcraft.

There are worse games you can buy for $30.

Deleted
    If you are one of those people that has a LOT of free time then you may get bored quite easily. But, if you have school or a long hours job or only certain days you could play this game then there would be more than enough for you to do over the various amounts of classes (including crafting/gathering). I work 40+ hours a week and play mainly on my 2 and a half days off, currently 50, almost got my relic. But then i need to get my full DL and i want to level a few more classes. So, for me, there is still alot to do while i only paid £20 for it, bargain.