Help My Guildies low dps

Hey Guys

So im a raid leader of a 10 man guild on frostmourne horde, We are currently 11/14 normal.

We have a rogue who is currently under performing dps wise, Can someone please check his rotation, spec gear etc and let me know what to speak with him about to improve. He is usually about 50k+ under the top dps even on single target fights.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-95i8ghu5xvzsxhz8

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Gumbootz/simple

Quote Originally Posted by kypr30 View Post
    Hey Guys

So im a raid leader of a 10 man guild on frostmourne horde, We are currently 11/14 normal.

We have a rogue who is currently under performing dps wise, Can someone please check his rotation, spec gear etc and let me know what to speak with him about to improve. He is usually about 50k+ under the top dps even on single target fights.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-95i8ghu5xvzsxhz8

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Gumbootz/simple
    What are you basing his under performing on?

Well looking at shadowcraft and comparing those numbers with a single target log like Malkorok:
    http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us...urne/gumbootz/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-95...s=9922&e=10200

Shadowcraft puts him at around 200k, and he did 190k on Malkorok.

He's not that far behind here either:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-95...?s=4574&e=5033

Doesn't seem to have the legendary cloak yet, and if you compare that to some of the other dps, the cloak proc accounts for around 10% of their DPS.Probably not fair to compare his dps to your other dps cos I'm guessing he's around 10+ ilvls behind the rest of them.

Buff/debuff wise his slice and dice and rupture uptimes are both ok. Rupture could be a bit higher potentially but the logs I saw it was still in the high 80% low 90% range.

The cloak is a huuuge factor. Not to mention he's ~10 item levels under your most of your other DPS. As mentioned above, he's pretty close to where ShadowCraft puts him.

I took a Look at his cooldown usage for sha, juggs, and malkorok and for the fight times he is usually missing out on 1 vendetta usage for every fight. It looks like he tries to line up every shadowblades with a vendetta, which in some cases is right and sometimes wrong, greatly varying with fight length and boss mechanics so that could help a little bit. Also rupture uptime was a tad low on sha and malkorok. Also he used feint quite a bit on juggernaut, i dare say too much, especially considering you 3 healed it, which can really hurt your damage, but all in all he seems to do ok, but those are the things i would point out to him. Also maybe abuse shadowstep a bit more, its op.

Tell him he should look into learning shadowstep.
    Get him to get to have Cheat death and stop using feint when you have 3 healers. (Cheat death basically will tell him when he needs to start feinting).
    Tell him to use Vendetta on CD, I have done this whole last tier and been ranking top 5 on basically all HC bosses, I don't see any potential gain of waiting unless its <10sec too align. (I.e you can use Vendetta if its still 18sec left on Shadow Blades since shadow blades duration will still be within Vendettas uptime).
    With AoC and 4set i use Vendetta on CD no matter how Shadow blades aligns, and im ranking top 5 HC on all bosses so I must be doing something right. (8/14 hc atm).
    In SoO the Cloak is massive, once he gets AoC and 4set his DPS will prob be top in your group.

He's not really doing much wrong in general though.

Deleted
    When his weapons are higher ilvl than his gear otherwise, i would prefer to go for sub and os combat (if he has fist,sword...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, according to his News List, he now has 2 piece and should be using that asap along with any other random off pieces he picked up as Mutilate.