Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is there a point raiding after the last boss is killed in Heroic?

After all, the hardest part has been already claimed. It's like in a sports championship, you don't continue playing once the winner is announced.

There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

Yes, for the enjoyment of doing it yourself.

there are 2 points:

1 - sharpening your skills for the next expansion. if you stop, you get rusty.

2 - having fun
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I shouldn't play football because Messi is the best player in the world?

For world race competitive guilds the point is to gear alts and prep for the next xpac/tier.
    For everyone else the point is for enjoyment.

edit: Oh, I thought you meant after you yourself had killed the last boss in heroic. Not after anybody in the world had. Wtf? Why would you cease to do something because someone else has done it? That is childish.
    Last edited by Zatetic; 2013-10-03 at 12:06 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear matters for the next tier/xpac.

People like mounts/achieves.

Raiding is *gasp fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    After all, the hardest part has been already claimed. It's like in a sports championship, you don't continue playing once the winner is announced.
    Sorry guys, I know how bad you wanted to each get a Heroic Garrosh mount, but someone else has killed Garrosh, so you're all forced to farm it for the next 3 years as a 1% drop rate in the future because there's no point in us killing him any more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.
    Alright, I shall be taking this along with me - hope you don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you like creating a lot of inciting threads. OT: Even if I ever did, I'd find something else to do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts, keep clearing until everyone in the normal raid team gets one that wants one.

And that one concept... you know.. that one thing called 'fun'.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-10-03 at 12:18 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Those are the most addicted people, so yes, they will wake up and play WoW to gain BIS, and redo it all again on alts.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

What, you mean like so-and-so got World First H Garrosh, guess I can stop playing?

Or like, my guild and I finally got H Garrosh down, guess I can stop playing?

Because the first one is ridiculous, since raiding is about personal achievement. That would be like saying "Usain Bolt broke the world record in xyz track race, guess everyone else should stop."

The second one, I suppose some people would stop there if that's their end goal. But that is not everyone end goal-- people still like to farm bosses for gear, mounts, pets, fun, et cetera even when the bosses have been killed. Even though my guild raids Heroic modes every tier, and we're shooting for H Garrosh, raiding is primarily a social activity. Even after H Garrosh goes down, we're still going to hang out and raid twice a week because we enjoy spending time together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Those are the most addicted people, so yes, they will wake up and play WoW to gain BIS, and redo it all again on alts.
    No they aren't. Most of them play very little outside of the race. And there are people that will never set foot in a raid that play 24/7. So don't try so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    Alright, I shall be taking this along with me - hope you don't mind.
    By all means!

-Getting everyone the heroic mounts
    -Selling the heroic mounts
    -Having full best-in-slot going into the server first leveling race
    -Starting up a alt raid to see if you can get server 2nd lel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is thata female goblin mage or a female troll mage? I can't tell.

As others have said, for fun. But you know that and are just stirring things up. At least I hope you are since if not it's a rather sad attitude toward what is, after all, a game meant for enjoyment.

For a lot of people who raid it is all about the gear treadmill, for others it is about the challenge. For people who did it on heroic, I wonder how much they feel the need to continue doing it. Sure for the fun of hanging out with friends sure, but I am curious how many people who raid actually enjoy it. If I were to guess at least 90% of people doing LFR sure don't seem to be having fun. I personally never really enjoyed pug groups much either, because while you get more skillfull players than LFR you still get the same attitudes. Guild runs I think can be fun if you actually like the people in your guild.(which I do, but my schedule is different than the majority of people in my guild)

The reason I cancelled personally is because I don't really see the point of it. There isn't a single tier set for any class this tier that I like the look of, it will all be replaced shortly after the next expack comes out anyway. If it were actually fun(for me) then that would be a different story. But then again I am not normally a fan of repetitive gameplay, the only game that I have played where despite the repetitive nature I still enjoyed, and I have been playing games a loooong time, is Path of Exile and that is because the skill system and the loot system really suck me in and keep me interested.(and even then I have to take a break from it before coming back). The loot system and the character progression systems in WoW aren't interesting enough to keep me interested and neither was the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    If you're not playing in the championship you have no reason to quit playing the game once the championship is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Damn, someone won the superbowl last year... no point in that pick up game i had planned with friends, wonder what i will do instead.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.