Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Liz Fowler. Wall Street Crony. The Truth behind Obamacare

All from Liberal or Democrat sources.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...yist-industry1

Obamacare architect leaves White House for pharmaceutical industry job

Few people embody the corporatist revolving door greasing Washington as purely as Elizabeth Fowler

Mother Jones
    http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2010...th-care-reform

Big Pharma a Big Winner in Health Care Reform

Washington Post
    http://www.correntewire.com/obamacar...end_liz_fowler

ObamaCare Clusterfuck: Corruption in the White House, as we meet our old friend Liz Fowler

WaPo:

Wall Street investors hungry for advance information on upcoming federal health-care decisions repeatedly held private discussions with Obama administration officials, including a top White House adviser helping to implement the Affordable Care Act.

The private conversations show that the increasingly urgent race to acquire“political intelligence” goes beyond the communications with congressional staffers that have become the focus of heightened scrutiny in recent weeks.

White House records show that Elizabeth Fowler, then a top *health-policy adviser to President Obama, met with executives from half a dozen investment firms in 2011 and 2012. Among them was Kris Jenner, a stock picker with T. Rowe Price Investment Services who managed its $6 billion Health Sciences Fund.

Of course it's corruption. What else would Fowler and the investors be doing but trading information? Comparing their autographed portraits of Our President?

For those who came in late, Fowler drafted ObamaCare for Max Baucus as his chief of staff on secondment from Wellpoint. Then she moved into the administration as deputy director of the Office of Consumer Information and Oversight at HHS, which is "charged with helping implement many provisions of the Affordable Care Act," including especially oversight of the state exchanges. And after that Fowler cashed in at Big Pharma (J&J).

All quality work. But sheesh. It's business as usual to cash in. It's not so usual -- right? -- to throw tips to the hedgies right in the White House.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...e-sec-law-firm

The Securities and Exchange Commission has issued subpoenas to a firm and individuals in connection with the leak last month of a federal funding decision that appeared to cause a surge in stock trading of several major health companies.

Bill Moyers
    Last edited by Oktoberfest; 2013-10-03 at 04:30 AM.

Is this the exact same thread you made less than a month ago?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=liz+fowler
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Obama just raped the American people and hand delivered 30 million people to the mercy of the Insurance industry. How is this Corporatist president getting the backing of those who claim they hate Wall Street? Obama IS Wall Street.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-10-03 at 01:43 PM.

Not really relaying any "new" information here.

The ACA/Obamacare is a market-based healthcare solution. Most liberals, or even folks like me who go more progressive-independent, would have preferred a single-payer system or public option. Far closer to what they have in places like Germany.

Instead we have what's essentially another form of corporate welfare, but frankly if it means I can get health insurance at a reasonable cost with low to no deductible then I don't really give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Not really relaying any "new" information here.

The ACA/Obamacare is a market-based healthcare solution. Most liberals, or even folks like me who go more progressive-independent, would have preferred a single-payer system or public option. Far closer to what they have in places like Germany.

Instead we have what's essentially another form of corporate welfare, but frankly if it means I can get health insurance at a reasonable cost with low to no deductible then I don't really give a damn.

I am a Liberal and this is not an improvement in the slightest. What Obama did was add 30 Million more payable accounts to the Insurance companies. He has forced Americans to buy insurance.

I WANT a single payer system. But you are delusional if you think it will ever happen. Obama is in bed with the Insurance companies. Hillary is in bed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    I am a Liberal and this is not an improvement in the slightest. What Obama did was add 30 Million more payable accounts to the Insurance companies. He has forced Americans to buy insurance.

I WANT a single payer system. But you are delusional if you think it will ever happen. Obama is in bed with the Insurance companies. Hillary is in bed with them.
    That is a pretty big bed. Having entire companies in bed with you? Also, even Bill doesn't want to be in bed with Hillary.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on man his a Liberal and free shits awesome, doesn't matter how it gets paid for, I just want my free stuff because im entitled to it. Its my human right to piss other peoples money up the wall because im too useless to find a real job and get my own insurance.

P.s. I want a new TV, its my human right, Obama help me out bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Oh come on man his a Liberal and free shits awesome, doesn't matter how it gets paid for, I just want my free stuff because im entitled to it. Its my human right to piss other peoples money up the wall because im too useless to find a real job and get my own insurance.

P.s. I want a new TV, its my human right, Obama help me out bro.
    something something obamaphone?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also another thing. People who used to work for Big Pharma now work for the FDA. WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!!

Edit: Merger of state and business is corporatism + Obamacare (deathpanels, etc) = Fascism. That's the exact definition of it. So basically WWII was fought for no reason?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-10-03 at 01:49 PM.

The bill originally had a public option, so I'm not buying this idea that it was intended as a give away to insurance companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how everyone blames Obama for their ills but fails to realize that he can't pass a bill. He just introduced it and signed it. Congress passed the bill after MANY revisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The bill originally had a public option, so I'm not buying this idea that it was intended as a give away to insurance companies.
    Dude, Obamacare was literally written by special interest groups and lobbyists. The 13000 pages contain so many exemptions. How is it not obvious enough to you?

That they knew would NEVER make it in the final form. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Dude, Obamacare was literally written by special interest groups and lobbyists. The 13000 pages contain so many exemptions. How is it not obvious enough to you?
    Yes the industry stands to gain. That does not damn the bill in and of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

That they knew would NEVER make it in the final form. Please.
    Now you're just making claims that cannot be proven or disproven.

Yes the industry stands to gain. That does not damn the bill in and of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you're just making claims that cannot be proven or disproven.

Its common sense. I can add a bill to congress saying we give every American 1 million dollars and it would never pass. But I can say to the people " hey I tried !"

Its common sense.
    I'm out when this starts being the justification for every claim made.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/0...acare-waivers/

President Obama has already given corporations a year’s deferral from complying with ObamaCare mandates, but will give no such deferrals to individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm out when this starts being the justification for every claim made.
    Dont feel bad. Common sense is a rarity these days anyways

Dont feel bad. Common sense is a rarity these days anyways
    I think he was getting at that 'common sense' is not an argument, it's a informal fallacy.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO Champion should have a dedicated Obamacare forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can call saving a steak in front of a lion without any protection common sense. Doesn't make it so.

But yeah my biggest beef with the Obama administration is that they are too much like the crony capitalists on the other side of the aisle.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"