Page 1 of 3
LastLast

October 2 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, Hearthstone Beta Build 3890, Fan Art

Blizzard Not Worried About Duping on Consoles, Josh Mosqueira Gathering Trading Feedback, The Art of István Dányi

Hearthstone Beta Patch 3890 - New Dailies, Card Changes, Friends List, and More!

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: October 2
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Timeless Isle

Classes

Quests
    • Trial At The Temple of the White Tiger: Players should no longer be able to acquire this quest before completing A Witness to History.
    • Work Order: Golden Lotus I: The quest should now be obtainable once more for players that have met the necessary prerequisites.

Creatures
    • Scary Sprite now deals 40% less damage and should spawn slightly more frequently.

Pet Battles
    • Bonkers can now be sold to a vendor for 25 gold.
    • Jadefire Spirit's Fade ability now has an 8-round cooldown.
    • Pierre is no longer bind-on-pickup and players can have up to 3 of them.
    • Rascal-Bot is no longer bind-on-pickup and players can have up to 3 them. The Phaser ability now has a duration of 1-round.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • The Fallen Protectors
        • Sun Tenderheart's Shadow Word: Bane no longer has a slight delay before applying its damage.
      • Norushen
        • Fixed an issue where Amalgam of Corruption's Unleashed Anger was not always hitting the tank.
        • Fixed an issue where Amalgam of Corruption's Blind Hatred may hit players who were not in the beam.
      • Galakras
        • Galakras should no longer be able to be damaged or debuffed before landing in Phase 2.
      • Kor'kron Dark Shaman
        • Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
          • Wavebinger Kardris' Falling Ash now deals 200,000 Fire damage (down from 999,999).
          • Foul Slimes' Foulness aura now deals 30,000 Nature damage (down from 50,000).
        • Fixed an issue where placement of Earthbreaker Haromm's Ashen Wall was not always perpendicular to the direction he's facing.
      • General Nazgrim
        • Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
          • General Nazgrim's health has been reduced by 10%.
          • General Nazgrim's Ravager now hits for 200,000 damage.
          • General Nazgrim now gains 1 Rage when struck in Defensive Stance (down from 2 Rage).
          • General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage for each target struck by Heroic Shockwave's Aftershocks (down from 3 Rage).
          • General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage from Kor'kron Banner (down from 3 Rage).
          • Kor'kron Warshaman's Earth Shield now heals for 2% of maximum health (down from 5%).
          • Kor'kron Warshaman's Empowered Chain Heal now heals for 4% of maximum health (down from 10%).
      • Siegecrafter Blackfuse
        • Players are now immune to Superheated while being pulled off the conveyer belt.
        • Shockwave Missile no longer hits players that are exiting a transport pipe.
      • Paragons of the Klaxxi
        • Ka'roz the Locust should now always jump back down from the platform after using Hurl Amber.
        • Kaz'tik the Manipulator's Hungry Kunchongs should no longer be able to gain Thick Shell while using Devour on a Mesmerized player.
        • Hisek the Swarmkeeper should no longer Fire a beam at the target if he gets encased in Amber while casting Aim.
      • Garrosh Hellscream
        • Garrosh Hellscream should no longer be using Desecrate against players that are on a balcony.
        • Farseer Wolf Riders should no longer continuously attempt to cast Ancestral Chain Heal if they're hit by an Iron Star before entering combat.
        • Kor'kron Iron Stars now properly deal damage to Kor’kron Warbringers and Farseer Wolf Riders on 25-player Heroic difficulty, and can no longer unintentionally kill players that were not struck directly.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Players that leave a Rated Battleground prematurely will be unable to queue for a new one until the previous Rated Battleground match has completed. Please see this forum thread for more information on the change.

Professions
    • Cooking
      • Buffs and debuffs should now be properly applied or removed while players are in a noodle cart.

Items

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Human Racials in PvP
    Previously, what made EMfH and WotF such strong racial abilities is that in many cases you could simply replace the Medallion with a PvE trinket and you would have more damage as well as getting to retain some form of crowd control removal. With the change in 5.4 resulting in changes to PvP trinkets and item level caps, these racial bonuses are not as strong as they were in the past.

• PvE gear in instanced PvP has an item level cap, PvP gear has no item level cap.
    • You get additional resilience from equipping a Medallion with another PvP trinket.

To take a quick theory-crafting quote from this blog created by Eldacar:

Eldacar:For those of you contemplating using a PVE trinket or two here are some facts to help you make your decision. The 2600 Resilience offered by the PVP trinket set bonus provides roughly 2.31% additional damage reduction from baseline, which is about 8.25% effective damage reduction after factoring in the value scaling. Furthermore the set bonus will always increase your effective health by 32.11% relative to displayed health, so if you are currently at baseline you would go from 357% EH to 389% EH.
    In what situations do you feel that it's more beneficial to be using an additional damage trinket over the Medallion paired with another PvP trinket to benefit from the Human and Undead racials?

How can you possibly be trying to deny the superiority of PvE trinkets in the light of the past?
    I'm not denying their strength in the past when you were trying to push for maximum damage. Going for a PvE trinket by sacrificing the Medallion and having WotF or EMfH was by far a good choice and it's the reason we made the changes in patch 5.4. Now when you trade the Medallion for a damage trinket you are losing out on 8.25% effective damage reduction which equates to approximately 32.11% increase in effective health.

Also what exactly are you talking about PvE gear cap in PvP? The way i understand it is that the cap will eventually rise to the same iLvL PvP gear is by default. so they are equal in terms of ILvL at that time.
    We have mentioned in the past that the item level ceiling for PvE gear will actually cap out at 512. PvP gear has an item level of 522 and is unaffected by the cap, this means that PvE gear actually misses out on 10 item levels compared to PvP gear.

You think that the survivability boost given by the trinket duo will suddenly make people who try to max damage in any ways possible to not try to max damage in any way possible?
    It's a trade-off now and more of a choice. In the past, while not necessary, it was better to have the second damage trinket; now it's a choice between damage and survivability rather than how it was in the past where you got damage and sacrificed very little.

I’m not saying that EMfH isn’t a strong racial, and the same goes for many of the racials that are available, but the changes which occurred in patch 5.4 have helped to deal with the popularity of choosing to remove the Medallion in favor of an extra damage trinket. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    Might be a short term fix, but do you think making vanity items account bound might help a little with bag space concerns?
    Would it be weird to get a lot of duplicate items from say quests the second or third time around? (Source)

And invalidate 8 years of work and effort to improve your toon. Wasted. Why keep playing if all the work will be for nothing?
    If you had not put in so much effort on your character then it might have taken (and still will) 9 sec instead of 6 sec. (Source)
    But if you just love seeing six digit numbers fly off your character, then yes, we would be nerfing that. (Source)
    having a new expansion overwrite your top teir raid gear with greens feels more like a waste than the number squish
    Currently, the raiders just get to wait longer before having to swap out to new gear. (Source)
    The counter to that is it also sucks to go for a long time with no possible upgrades. Not sure what the compromise is for that. (Source)
    I don't see a problem. If you raided last exp, new one's lowest zones should feel easy.
    Agreed. It gets to be a problem when a raider ignores all rewards up until the next raid. That starts to get old. (Source)

Raid Finder
    one more thing. One of the reasons LFR is toxic is bc its is easy. If it was hard, people would be forced to make it work.
    That is a nice sentiment, but we found the reality is players just bail rather than trying to make random matchmaking work. (Source)
    With groups of friends or even organized pugs, we find that to be much less likely. (Source)

PvE
    Norushen enrage timer is a bit strict isn't it? For the third boss, i can understand later bosses but the third boss?
    Usually when we see this on Norushen, it's folks not doing well on the solo component, not just failing to DPS the boss enough. (Source)

Hearthstone Beta - Build 3890
    A new Hearthstone Beta build went live tonight, with increased gold rewards, class balance changes, and lots more!

Fan Art
    Today we are looking at some nice fan art by d1eSELxxxx.

Timeless isle and Stone changes are dumb.

The LFR nerfs make me laugh

Annnnnd that's why I'm no longer on my brewmaster. Warrior ftw now.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

LOL @LFR Nerfs. Thats just sad

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Annnnnd that's why I'm no longer on my brewmaster. Warrior ftw now.
    I'm satisfated with nerfs, yet they still topping charts, but maybe they need some survival buffs
    atleast that other guild won't be breathing in our backs anymore that often, coz fucking overpowered monk tank was carrying whole 25 raid by doing 20% of whole damage..

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG I feel like a bloody Paladin with these Brewmaster Nerfs , STAHP Nerfing me Greg !!

Time to switch back to the Bear.

Can we go 1 hotfix without nerfing afflic

One of the reasons LFR is toxic is bc its is easy. If it was hard, people would be forced to make it work.
    Elitists make me laugh sometimes.

So lame that they nerfed Nazgrim. That fight WAS NOT HARD. I heard it called the "LFR breaker" and just could NOT understand that at all. Probably one of THE MOST SIMPLE FIGHTS OF THIS ENTIRE EXPANSION! I was hoping they'd see past all of the whining and crying and just keep Nazgrim how he was. Bullshit. Total bullshit.

O_o

Deleted
    Those fan art are AMAZING!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Can we go 1 hotfix without nerfing afflic
    Aff is above everyone else by quite the margin and almost every encounter works well for aff. Be glad they are taking baby steps and not throwing boulders like they did with Demo.

Actually the last 2 fights in the 2nd wind of SoO were interesting as they were. Only groups where all people were contributing did well and without issues. Last night we inspected 4-5 people, kickvoted them out (bad players, autoshotters, tanks with no gems, no enchants, using dps items etc.) Pretty much the difficulty of the fights got the group working for a common target: kill the boss.
    Now it's afk time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    he following bind-on-pickup items are no longer able to be traded between players: Burden of Eternity, Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent, Cauterizing Core, Falling Flame, Golden Moss, Giant Purse of Timeless Coins, Ash-Covered Horn, and Elixir of Ancient Knowledge.
    Can anyone explain this?
    Since when BoP items can be traded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing fan art!
    As I'm a casual myself and have been in several groups messing up in LFR that has failed on kor'kron shamans and Nazgrim, makes the nerfs feel good. But also makes me realize that it is still a raid, and should therefore have some skill requirements.

The LFR nerfs were very noticeable. I only read about them now but I already noticed the differences last night. Still needed at least 2 stacks of determination, lol. That's what you get when people are doing dps like they are wearing ilvl 463 gear.

LFR is going to die or get nerfed to an actual loot pinata because of people who don't give a shit. Have fun in there. Queues are already getting pretty long.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeas View Post
    Aff is above everyone else by quite the margin and almost every encounter works well for aff. Be glad they are taking baby steps and not throwing boulders like they did with Demo.
    Wake up, and look at the sims.

They nerfed locks way too hard and its fucked up. Now we are one of the lowest on the list. Yeah sure for multidotting & such, locks are still great, but single target is just trash now. They really need to fix this bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post

They nerfed locks way too hard and its fucked up. Now we are one of the lowest on the list. Yeah sure for multidotting & such, locks are still great, but single target is just trash now. They really need to fix this bullshit.
    You wake up and realize sims mean nothing. Sims will tell you that Frost Mages are the strongest spec of all, while this is not far from the truth it is a galaxy away from the truth. Warlocks most always sim middle of the pack before BiS, but in reality when you factor in multidotting, overall encounter design, movement, execution phases, add aoe, warlocks are one of the top. So before writing next time, sit down for a minute and think. Jeez.

Jesus the nerfs in LFR
    I mean "•Wavebinger Kardris' Falling Ash now deals 200,000 Fire damage (down from 999,999)." for 25man Are u serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post

You are better off looking at WoL rankings.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...Orgrimmar/dps/

Warlocks everywhere. You dominate other multidotting classes and your single target is really not that bad. Just compare warlocks to shadow priests... and then realize you are doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Can anyone explain this?
    Since when BoP items can be traded?
    For rare tagging it worked just like in dungeons, you had 2 hours to trade the item to someone who killed it.