Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Multiple Accounts: Is it worth it to you?

Just recently, I closed 2 of my 3 accounts in WoW since I had been losing interest in maintaining so many alts. For a long time, I was able to justify the cost, but now, I just can't see it. Maybe when the next expac hits, I will breathe life back into them, if it is more alt friendly.

Do/Did you have multiple accounts and do/did you think the cost was justified?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Nope, I can't really find reason to keep one account active currently

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already have 11 toons per server. I have so many things I can do one one account, I can't imagine having a second or third account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started WoW in 2005 and created a Human Paladin main, then after 5 months I bought another copy of WoW so I could have an Orc Hunter on the same server. Before TBC released I realized I was wasting money as I never played the Orc Hunter. I was into hardcore raiding on my Paladin and that took up all of my WoW time.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I'm regularly pointed out as being an "altoholic" for having 11 characters on the same server I just moved to. Not exactly sure how one would even find the time to have 22 or 33.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    At my highest point I had close to 30 alts on each account. Finally getting to the point where I just don't have the urge to play all those alts. Most of the realms are not what they used to be and friends on those realms have since moved on.

Man, I've never been able to justify having more than one account in all my years playing, but power to you if that's your thing. It seems really strange to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    At one point it was just to power level my own alts. I'd log in like a multi-box, but would just put them on follow while I destroyed dungeons. Would assign myself as lootmaster and distribute to the right toon.

A while ago I set up a 2nd account for my brother to play, but he never did. I did multi-box them for a while. It is currently inactive. If my realm ever gets merged with another I'll have 22 toons that I can play with, and I barely have time for the 8 i play regularly.

Deleted
    Yes, I do.
    I like being able to carry myself through old raids to collect Legendaries etc. without having to fully level/gear more than one char.

I have limited it to 2 accs by now, though. Had up to four.

Only when I was multi-boxing Shamans for PvP which is now of no interest to me since they nerfed the /follow feature in BGs... > .>.

Other than that, I only use a second account to RaF a toon occasionally. That's a splurge for my budget though, and I have to majorly plan ahead for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Just recently, I closed 2 of my 3 accounts in WoW since I had been losing interest in maintaining so many alts. For a long time, I was able to justify the cost, but now, I just can't see it. Maybe when the next expac hits, I will breathe life back into them, if it is more alt friendly.

I used to when I was an altoholic and wanted to level dual-boxing multiple characters. Had two accounts for a while, got burned out, sold them both (because I raided on all my characters back then, too, so they were all well geared).

Then I came back with one account, and I've been playing one character since DS and love it. I've got a Druid that I played a bit, but gave up on and he's still sitting at 88. I enjoy not having tons of characters to bother with anymore. Allows me more time to focus on little things.

Started a Monk the other day when my gf started playing WoW, but chances are I won't do a whole lot with him unless I find a solid guild that does alt runs weekly.

I play 2 servers so the toon count has always been fine for me. I did create and lvl an alt account for the obsidian nightwing refer a friend mount and it was definitely worth it.

to solo most raid?
    (raid boss you can't kill with one person)

i have 4 accounts with only a few 90s and most of my alts dont make it past 20 , i just keep deleting ...if only hadnt spread out my favourite chars so much i would close 2 ..i am a leveler and i change my characterslooks and class race combination a lot ..like every 15 minutes i switch characters..so i really really need 44 slots for characters , but thats not all, i have plenty on other servers as well...am i active: yes...but i cant keep up with them all...is it worth it? probably not i could as easily get 8 90s and relevel /delete 3 characters over and over..but i can bet id be more on the 3 alts then any 90s...i dont raid , dont do dungeons and i dont pvp ..

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    to solo most raid?
    (raid boss you can't kill with one person)

Yes if you can dual box, I tried it but could never get the hang of it.

Two accounts does make it easy for things like inviting alts to personal guilds or setting up a raid you want to solo for transmog gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really needed more space to level alts nor had the need to multibox, so no, I've never had more than 1 account. I suppose that if having multi accounts is your thing, aside from buying all the expansions, the subscription fee is not much of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have two accounts
    but i don;t really use the second much, i should cancel it but i am two lazy

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I had to close my second account for financial reasons but man, it made my life a dream. I never had to worry about running out of storage space; there was a guild bank for that. I could transfer items cross-faction via the neutral AH with ease. I could grind transmog gear for multiple alts at once. And I never ran out of space on any given server.

It was wonderful. *_____*
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

For just myself. Never had multiple accounts for myself. Having other accounts for other people, no problem.