Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    There is no way I remotely find furblogs an attractive race option ( even if the choice is logical )....we already have druid kittys and bears and worgens...I vote centuar and wood nymph.
    Personally I vote Jinyu (with a new model ofc)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I always thought they had like just slightly obove cavemen inteligence. It's another of these "I will never get why people want to play them" thing, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    There is no way I remotely find furblogs an attractive race option ( even if the choice is logical )....we already have druid kittys and bears and worgens...I vote centuar and wood nymph.
    Gimme semi-naked deer women.. neither are likely though, because there is no way that blizzard will ever go through the trouble of adding a non bi-pedal race, never ever!
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-03 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    They would've been much much better than Kung-Fu Pandas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Personally I vote Jinyu (with a new model ofc)
    Ogres for the Horde, Jinyu for the Alliance in the next x-pack? Gets my vote.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I always thought they had like just slightly obove cavemen inteligence. It's another of these "I will never get why people want to play them" thing, I guess.
    !
    not caveman intelligence, they're more like Tauren which means they have a more "tribal" lifestyle.

Thongs. I will let you decide if they are a pro or cons.

Pros: thongs with feathers.

Cons: thongs with feathers.

EDIT: darn, beaten to it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Pros: thongs with feathers.

Cons: thongs with feathers.

EDIT: darn, beaten to it.
    female Furbolgs + thongs + dance = ???

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I would do anything for a playable Klaxxi
    Same. There are enough gaps to add upon to make them playable. Would give anything for Alliance Nerubians and Horde Mantid, but it won't happen.

As for the thread.

The main con would be similar to the High Elf issue. They'd basically be recolored pandaren. And even in the case where they aren't, they're still another anthropomorphic bear race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Huge con, and the reason it won't happen (especially next): They're another playable bear. We just got a playable bear in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz has been trying to make the Alliance more savage ever since Vanilla.

Draenei were originally intended to be the "monster" race for Alliance.

Honestly, I think Worgen were enough of a success, even Hordies wish they had them. Time to go back to races that fit the faction, not just "we want savageness."
    Yeah I'm sorry. The existence of the Pandaren is enough to end speculation on this. Even though Blizzard allows two types of Elves I cannot see two types of anthropomorphic Bears. They would have made a pretty good race though, better than several suggeston I have heard.

Remember, before it was confirmed that the Pandaren were more than an easter egg, Furblogs were mentioned seriously as an Alliance race candidate. Back before the Draenei were revealed as the TBC Alliance race they were one of the top choices. I even said at the time Furblog were likely, as I thought the new race would be based in Kalimdor to balance out the Elves being given to the Horde in EK.

Until Caydiem dropped the clanger that the new race would have a connection with Outland and I ended up talking myself into thinking the Ogres were going to be added as the new Alliance race because I thought the Draenei (what we now know to be the lost ones) were simply TOO pathetic.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-10-04 at 11:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Yeah I'm sorry. The existence of the Pandaren is enough to end speculation on this. Even though Blizzard allows two types of Elves I cannot see two types of anthropomorphic Bears. They would have made a pretty good race though, better than several suggeston I have heard.

Remember, before it was confirmed that the Pandaren were more than an easter egg, Furblogs were mentioned seriously as an Alliance race candidate. Back before the Draenei were revealed as the TBC Alliance race they were one of the top choices. I even said at the time Furblog were likely, as I thought the new race would be based in Kalimdor to balance out the Elves being given to the Horde in EK.

Until Caydiem dropped the clanger that the new race would have a connection with Outland and I ended up talking myself into thinking the Ogres were going to be added as the new Alliance race because I thought the Draenei (what we now know to be the lost ones) were simply TOO pathetic.
    There's nothing better than Furbolgs at the moment, a second bear race is still better than a third elf race. (which is exactly a blood elf but with blue eyes, even their culture and lifestyle is an exact copy.)

Unless we're going back to Outland I don't see why Blizzard should bother to make Arakkoa playable.

And Naga are not going to happen seeing as they don't have legs. (even if they can jump, their mount animation is going to be increadibly stupid. unless they get legs.)
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-10-04 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    A big badass bear sounds badass in theory, in theory. Adding a race wth fur is always dangerous however, for... Obvious reasons... Furries, ugh.

As for the thread:

Because furbolgs' models are so primitive, they'd have to update their models too, that's 9 races that need upgrading + a brand new race with a brand new startingzone and everything and I just don't see it happening, I reckon the new models will be the only race related things we'll get in the next expansion, along with a new class perhaps, fingers crossed it won't be Demonhunter, though. And fingers crossed it won't be Burning Legion related, but I digress, no furbolgs, period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GloriousBastard View Post
    A big badass bear sounds badass in theory, in theory. Adding a race wth fur is always dangerous however, for... Obvious reasons... Furries, ugh.

As for the thread:

Because furbolgs' models are so primitive, they'd have to update their models too, that's 9 races that need upgrading + a brand new race with a brand new startingzone and everything and I just don't see it happening, I reckon the new models will be the only race related things we'll get in the next expansion, along with a new class perhaps, fingers crossed it won't be Demonhunter, though. And fingers crossed it won't be Burning Legion related, but I digress, no furbolgs, period.
    There's a possibility that the model updates are not going to be available in the next expansion release. which means they won't be an expansion feature, even if they are I don't think they can be the man selling point of the expansion.

WoW dev team has increased in size dramatically, which means they have more workforce to work on expansion features and patches.

I'm sorry but "furries" is not an "obvious" reason not to add a beastly race.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-10-04 at 12:31 PM.

Onestly I see furbolgs as primary candidates as new alliance race (And I'd like very very much). Think at this: what other race would fit well enough with the alliance? High elves? A third elven race is unlikely and they are too few. Naga? Yes IMO could be a good choice but, as some noticed, there will be many problems with models and body parts (and nagas could be the best choice lorewise). Then... what? Arakkoa? Are a likely Horde-one. Ogres? Absolutely a will-be horde race.
    Furbolgs could have lore, have connection with the alliance (N.elves, draenei and the stillpine obviously) and could have a support-role for the Night elves, counting on the draenei's futility

To get back onto it. I'd rather see Arakkoa. If Pandaren weren't made playable, I would've been a-okay with Furbolgs though.

My four favorite races are:

1. Mantid
    2. Nerubian
    3. Ethereal
    4. Arakkoa

And out of those four, Arakkoa are the most likely to happen. So for now, I hold out for Arakkoa, and maybe Ethereals (they can happen, but less likely)

Naga seem like a good neutral race for an Azshara expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Onestly I see furbolgs as primary candidates as new alliance race (And I'd like very very much). Think at this: what other race would fit well enough with the alliance? High elves? A third elven race is unlikely and they are too few. Naga? Yes IMO could be a good choice but, as some noticed, there will be many problems with models and body parts (and nagas could be the best choice lorewise). Then... what? Arakkoa? Are a likely Horde-one. Ogres? Absolutely a will-be horde race.
    Furbolgs could have lore, have connection with the alliance (N.elves, draenei and the stillpine obviously) and could have a support-role for the Night elves, counting on the draenei's futility
    only Helves(better 3rd elven race than race out of nowhere) and Furbolgs fits to alliance. Furbolgs would be a very good choice for Alliance but they got also some potential for beeing neutral race(if there is going to be any other neutral race) with neutral capital(redesigned Timbermaw Hold would be epic).
    and about nagas imo they wont become playable untill Azshara is still alive :P

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    only Helves(better 3rd elven race than race out of nowhere) and Furbolgs fits to alliance. Furbolgs would be a very good choice for Alliance but they got also some potential for beeing neutral race(if there is going to be any other neutral race) with neutral capital(redesigned Timbermaw Hold would be epic).
    and about nagas imo they wont become playable untill Azshara is still alive :P

I don't really get this belief that "only this or that" can be the new thing "because it was established before". I mean.. almost the entirety of Pandaria is new, made up lore. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Worgen most certainly were in game before they were announced as playables, no they did not have the model that current playable worgen have (and neither did the original Blood Elves) but they were definitely in game.

Shadowfang Keep/Pyrewood Village, Duskwood, Grizzly Hills, all have worgen that were in game before the playable worgen was announced. The Pyrewood Village and Grizzly Hills worgen change forms at night for the former and after phasing for the latter and have done so since they were implemented.
    i know, i was pointing out that worgens didn't had a female model before they were released, and that the draneai and pandaren weren't even in the game before they were released

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And out of those four, Arakkoa are the most likely to happen. So for now, I hold out for Arakkoa, and maybe Ethereals (they can happen, but less likely)

Naga seem like a good neutral race for an Azshara expansion.
    I too think that Arakkoa would be a likely candidate at least for an Alliance race. Ethereal goes best for the neutral spot (in a Legion expansion), they're like even more neutral than goblins.

My honest choice for Azshara expansion would be Alliance Jinyu.