Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I too think that Arakkoa would be a likely candidate at least for an Alliance race. Ethereal goes best for the neutral spot (in a Legion expansion), they're like even more neutral than goblins.

My honest choice for Azshara expansion would be Alliance Jinyu.
    Jinyu? It may happen but Metzen said he would have loved naga as playable race and Imo they could think up some lore to fit naga as a neutral playable race, with maybe two clans, one joining the alliance the other joining the horde.
    But against the burning legion... TA-DAH! Furbolgs were well known in the past to have fought the legion at least twice. They are perfect, trying to repel the corruption of their race and giving powerful fighters for Varian's legions. Perfect.

I too think that Arakkoa would be a likely candidate at least for an Alliance race. Ethereal goes best for the neutral spot (in a Legion expansion), they're like even more neutral than goblins.
    Honestly I don't think either of those is a good choice for a playable race, with the design focus on making the PC models more emotive and lifelike. Think about how an Arrakoa or an Ethereal is going to make a facial expression. With a rigid beak. Or no face at all.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Jinyu? It may happen but Metzen said he would have loved naga as playable race and Imo they could think up some lore to fit naga as a neutral playable race, with maybe two clans, one joining the alliance the other joining the horde.
    But against the burning legion... TA-DAH! Furbolgs were well known in the past to have fought the legion at least twice. They are perfect, trying to repel the corruption of their race and giving powerful fighters for Varian's legions. Perfect.
    they also have ties to night elves, druidism and nature. they can fit both roles.

they hate the legion after what they did to Furbolg race during the last invasion.

they also have druids which makes them good for an emerald dream expansion. if N'zoth, protected by Azshara, is trying to tamper with the emerald dream (thus endangering Furbolgs because of their connection to the dream) Furbolgs have more reason than any other race to aid the Alliance to attack Azshara's underwater domain, thus saving their tribes from falling to madness again.

I wouldn't mind having Furbolgs as a playable race, however I don't think they'll be added for at least a while longer, 2 bear races in a row is just not something that Blizzard would do I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    they also have ties to night elves, druidism and nature. they can fit both roles.

they hate the legion after what they did to Furbolg race during the last invasion.

they also have druids which makes them good for an emerald dream expansion. if N'zoth, protected by Azshara, is trying to tamper with the emerald dream (thus endangering Furbolgs because of their connection to the dream) Furbolgs have more reason than any other race to aid the Alliance to attack Azshara's underwater domain, thus saving their tribes from falling to madness again.
    Yes they could fit for both the highlikely expansions. Best choice imo. And as a starting zone they can finally add the barrow deeps, giving for the first time an underground starting zone!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Yeah I'm sorry. The existence of the Pandaren is enough to end speculation on this. Even though Blizzard allows two types of Elves I cannot see two types of anthropomorphic Bears. They would have made a pretty good race though, better than several suggeston I have heard.

Remember, before it was confirmed that the Pandaren were more than an easter egg, Furblogs were mentioned seriously as an Alliance race candidate. Back before the Draenei were revealed as the TBC Alliance race they were one of the top choices. I even said at the time Furblog were likely, as I thought the new race would be based in Kalimdor to balance out the Elves being given to the Horde in EK.

Until Caydiem dropped the clanger that the new race would have a connection with Outland and I ended up talking myself into thinking the Ogres were going to be added as the new Alliance race because I thought the Draenei (what we now know to be the lost ones) were simply TOO pathetic.
    I think we could see Furbolgs at some point in the future. But for sure it won't be the expansion right after we already got a Bear-like race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Racials :

Tribal Medicine : (active) Removes up to 3 bleeding effects, poisons and diseases and an additional 3 during 10 seconds. Does not remove curses, magical debuffs, effects that cause loss of control or speed reduction. This ability can be used in-combat. 1 minute cooldown.

Poisonous Dart : (active) using your blowpipe, you shoot a poisonous dart at enemy, in combat it reduces enemy hit chance by 50% for 6 seconds. Out of combat it causes enemy NPCs to fall asleep for 20 seconds, enemy players will fall asleep for only 3 seconds. 5 minute cooldown.

Future Foretold : (passive) You have seen visions of your future, you gain 5% more experience from killing monsters and completing quests.

Thick Skin : (passive) 1% chance to resist direct physical damage from enemies up to 3 levels above you.

Blessing of Ursol : (passive) Blessed by Ursol the wise, your mana, energy, chi and rage regeneration is increased by 1%.
    (Shaman, Druid, Mage, Monk)

Blessing of Ursoc : (passive) Blessed by Ursoc the mighty, your rage, focus and runic power regeneration is increased by 1%.
    (Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter)

--------------------------------

Available Classes :

Warrior : No explanation needed.

Death Knight : Unlike typical Furbolg characters, these Furbolgs originate from Northrend and are brought to Acherus to be trained as Death Knights.

Hunter : Furbolgs always had ties to nature and animals, so it is natural for them to have hunters.

Shaman : Fits Furbolgs perfectly, Every Furbolg tribe has an elder shaman that communicates with the elements and spirits. Shamans are regarded highly in the Furbolg society and they maintain a high place among Furbolg druids.

Druid : The ancient alliance between Night Elves and Furbolgs lead to the appearance of first Furbolg Druids. Although their druidic establishment is not as ancient as shamans’ but they have managed to obtain a high place among the shaman-dominated society.

Mage : This one is the hardest to explain :3. They could’ve learned arcane magic from the high borne hiding deep underneath the barrow deeps? it can also be a relatively new sect within the Furbolg society, trying to learn arcane magic to counter any future demonic corruption that may threaten their society. It is clear that Furbolgs don’t have much defense against magical threats and a small group within them have started to fill that gap.

Monk : Monks are disciples of Pandaren who travel around the world and teach other races about balance and the power of inner peace (right?). it can be said that after MoP Pandaren heard about Timbermaw Hold and decided to travel there to meet their primitive relatives. Perhaps learning about their culture, and in return taught some Furbolgs the way of monks.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-10-04 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Huge con, and the reason it won't happen (especially next): They're another playable bear. We just got a playable bear in MoP.
    i dont really get this logic. couldnt the same thing be said about the blood elves? i know blood elves are a bit different since they are one of the most popular among the fandom but the same logic still applys.

the difference between furbolg and pandaren would be much greater than the difference between blood elves and night elves.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Should be Horde. I'd play one.
    Um, they'd be neutral if anything. Blizzard may not have liked how Pandaren turned out, but all of my friends and guildies have not once really complained about being able to choose sides.

I would love to see Furbolgs become playable. And no, I don't see them to be like Pandaren. I think their body structure would be a little different, or at least hope Blizzard to make them different.

Pro: They're awesome

Con: We already have enough furry races and I'd rather see something different made playable. (like Naga or Arakkoa)

They do more damage than Deathknights *looks around*.

Deleted
    pro's
    - New race, New lore, new Starting zone
    Cons
    - They are not Murloc's

Seriously, Playable Murlocs! just do it already!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Seriously, Playable Murlocs! just do it already!
    Horde Murlocs, Alliance Jinyu. Me like.

OT: I like furbolgs, but I feel their chances of becoming playable are pretty shallow with the addition of the pandas.
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2013-10-04 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Racials :

Tribal Medicine : (active) Removes up to 3 bleeding effects, poisons and diseases and an additional 3 during 10 seconds. Does not remove curses, magical debuffs, effects that cause loss of control or speed reduction. This ability can be used in-combat. 1 minute cooldown.

Poisonous Dart : (active) using your blowpipe, you shoot a poisonous dart at enemy, in combat it reduces enemy hit chance by 50% for 6 seconds. Out of combat it causes enemy NPCs to fall asleep for 20 seconds, enemy players will fall asleep for only 3 seconds. 5 minute cooldown.

Future Foretold : (passive) You have seen visions of your future, you gain 5% more experience from killing monsters and completing quests.

Thick Skin : (passive) 1% chance to resist direct physical damage from enemies up to 3 levels above you.

Blessing of Ursol : (passive) Blessed by Ursol the wise, your mana, energy, chi and rage regeneration is increased by 1%.
    (Shaman, Druid, Mage, Monk)

Blessing of Ursoc : (passive) Blessed by Ursoc the mighty, your rage, focus and runic power regeneration is increased by 1%.
    (Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter)

-poisonous dart
    +some bleed done by paw :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde Murlocs, Alliance Jinyu. Me like.

OT: I like furbolgs, but I feel their chances of becoming playable are pretty shallow with the addition of the pandas.
    more chance of them happening than Jinyu and Murlocs. sorry mate.

Really, I see furbolgs as the most likely new entry playable race if we would have burning legion stuff. If south seas, then nagas.

If we're going to add new races, Furbolg are one of the only two left that I think have a strong case going for them (Ogres are the other). Obvious ties to the Alliance, distinct culture, desperately in need of a new model, many good class options, plausible starting zones: they just work. And what other good options are there for the Alliance? We could pull a hat-trick like Arakkoa or Ethereal, but they'd feel like gimmicks (especially as they've only been featured in TBC and nowhere else in warcraft lore). High Elves are implausible for multiple reasons, and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. So yeah, Furbolg for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde. They make perfect sense, in a way none of the other options left do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    If we're going to add new races, Furbolg are one of the only two left that I think have a strong case going for them (Ogres are the other). Obvious ties to the Alliance, distinct culture, desperately in need of a new model, many good class options, plausible starting zones: they just work. And what other good options are there for the Alliance? We could pull a hat-trick like Arakkoa or Ethereal, but they'd feel like gimmicks (especially as they've only been featured in TBC and nowhere else in warcraft lore). High Elves are implausible for multiple reasons, and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. So yeah, Furbolg for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde. They make perfect sense, in a way none of the other options left do.
    The main obstacles to High Elves becoming a playable race are their numbers, the current state of blood elves and the imbalance that it causes.

there aren't that many left and they're actually just scattered among human towns with pockets of them living in small enclaves. (like Lor'danil Lodge)

blood elves are no longer the "evil elves that take their powers from fel energy sources." and now that their Sunwell is recharged with the powers of Light (instead of arcance and fel) i think that blood elves are no longer largely different than high elves in terms of ideology.

having a high elf in Alliance will cause many players from Horde to switch sides to Alliance, blood elves are the most popular race in Horde and creating an exact copy of it within the Alliance will guarantee lots of side changes.

I can't imagine any people would want to play them, even if they had a massive graphical overall.

I can 't say I ever saw them and thought "wow I really would like to play as one of those", they're just a bit lame.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Seems like furblogs should be bi-factional like pandaren, but I think Alliance furblogs and Horde ogres has potential.