Deleted

Thok hc bats phase

My guild is working on Thok hc. The first stack up phase goes fine most of the times but when we do the next stack up phase it becomes very tricky because we´re (almost) out of cd's and the dmg of the dots and bats becomes really high.

We usually let a rogue trick the bats to the tank (1 tank only) and then try to dps them down. Thing is the melee has to watch out for the breath. Seems those bats die pretty slowly.

We have 3 healers and 1 tank (prot pala). Generally a very melee heavy comp:

Prot pala

Resto sham
    Disc priest
    MW monk

Fury war
    Feral druid
    WW monk
    Assasin rogue
    Retri pala

Destro/affli lock

Deleted
    Tell the Warlock to spec Destro, use Glyph of Unending Resolve. When the bats are on the tank he should start AoE-ing the shit out of them. Right befor Thok's next roar he has to use Unending resolve which makes him immune to Thok's roar for the duration so he can continue to wreck those bats. Once they are below 20% he can execute them with shadow burn without any interrupt-problems.

5 melee? Geez. I would switch that comp around if possible. That's just... bad.

Anyways, we saved Heroism for the bats during progression. You could try that. Your rogue can stand in breath and just roll Feint. The other melee just need to step out for a few seconds each breath, then they can go right back to standing in front. If they can just eat the damage without dying, the debuff does nothing (armor mitigates nothing on this fight), so that's another option.

You could try having the warrior drop Mocking Banner and pop Die by the Sword to keep the bats stacked with the group. If you can blow the bats up before DbtS drops, that could be a significant help. Otherwise that's a very risky strategy.

Logs would be helpful. It looks like you have a ton of AoE in your comp. People might just be playing poorly.

With the one tank strat, I would drop to two healers. Your goal isn't ~30 roars every p1 when you're solo tanking, so a 3rd healer isn't necessary. You just want to go as long as you can in each p1 without anyone dying, extend p2s per normal, and go through the encounter quickly.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-01-16 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five melee? How the fuck did you get to Thok HC?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Yeah, for killin' the bats, you *really* don't want to have a melee heavy comp, especially if you're one tanking. If you can, try runnin' 2 tanks. Have one tank pick up the boss right as the phase ends, eat a single acid breath, then tank swap because the bats will come down right after. Cart the bats to the side a bit, and then the melee can destroy them very very quickly. Works well in my group, but we only have one melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Five melee? How the fuck did you get to Thok HC?
    Hehe, was waiting for that kind of comments

This was just the comp for today. Usually we have 4 melee and 2 or 3 ranged dps . But I agree, it's not the most optimal comp. We're just a casual guild though so we can't force ppl to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    Tell the Warlock to spec Destro, use Glyph of Unending Resolve. When the bats are on the tank he should start AoE-ing the shit out of them. Right befor Thok's next roar he has to use Unending resolve which makes him immune to Thok's roar for the duration so he can continue to wreck those bats. Once they are below 20% he can execute them with shadow burn without any interrupt-problems.
    Also glyph havoc to get a bunch of shadow burns in to the boss.

Make sure everyone is saving dps CDs for the bats and using their second pots.

Use BOP's from paladins on healers / warlock during bats (all healers 100% uninterrupted for 10 seconds healing, warlock can't be interrupted, gg).

Best way i can think to do this would be to push the boss into transition phase earlier, And melee would have to rape the bats asap

Deleted
    how on earth did you do shamans xD

Deleted
    What a lot of people don't realise is that only 1 of the bats actually does aoe - you can tell which it is by the buff they have. If that one is stunned/killed first then it really makes the bats easy.

Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    how on earth did you do shamans xD
    Adds on shamans can be soloed pretty easily by one ranged. My real question is how did they get malkorok and spoils ( especially mantid side with bombs on healer every set)

You could heart of the wild tank the bats with the druid inside the melee group and they should be dead before its over.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2014-01-16 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Adds on shamans can be soloed pretty easily by one ranged. My real question is how did they get malkorok and spoils ( especially mantid side with bombs on healer every set)

You could heart of the wild tank the bats with the druid inside the melee group and they should be dead before its over.
    Speccing HotW is a noticeable dps loss for a feral. It'd be better having the warrior glyph Die by the Sword and using that if he's capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    MW monks are considered "melee" so if the MW monk was doing double mantid it'd probably target someone random instead.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Deleted
    On the bat phase (10m hc) we switch the phase at 4-5 stacks, tank drags the bats+jailer to the middle and everyone AoEs them down (lock can start on them when they spawn but our melee ignores them till the phase change), with all that melee it's probably your safest bet.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2014-01-16 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    yeah your given comp is not the most ideal. Our guild saved Heroism for the bats phase during progress and ask your retri paladin to spec into clemency if possible. He can throw out more BoPs on the raid, preferably the warlock so he can AoE down the bats + shadow fury or glyphed blinding light from ret paladin to help stun the bats if possible. Generally due to the lack of CDs, you would want to phase early and deal with the bats then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    Also glyph havoc to get a bunch of shadow burns in to the boss.
    Make sure everyone is saving dps CDs for the bats and using their second pots.
    I am biased because I am a Lock, but I think the lock in your group executing bat phase is the single most important part for your progression. As you can see from the dmg graph below, a destro lock can melt the adds. The quoted advice above is good. Make sure your lock saves his second Darksoul if not running AD and uses his second pot. Go into bats with some banked embers, F&B Elements, Immo, Double conflag.. pop UR and burn. As soon as they are in execute toss your glyphed havoc and copy 6 shadowburns to thok. Big time dmg. Have them spec GoSup and run with imp as well as they can help out a lot with mass dispels during the poison phase.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=6437&e=6824

Deleted
    Alright, so after another raid night progressing we made it to 12% (fire stack phase) and a few tries around 20-30%. Just need to stretch the ice stack up phase a bit longer and it should be a kill soon.

Used this tactic for the bats:

On the bat phase (10m hc) we switch the phase at 4-5 stacks, tank drags the bats+jailer to the middle and everyone AoEs them down (lock can start on them when they spawn but our melee ignores them till the phase change), with all that melee it's probably your safest bet.
    I am biased because I am a Lock, but I think the lock in your group executing bat phase is the single most important part for your progression.
    The lock did the highest dmg to the bats, together with the tank (with super high vengeance).

Thanks for all your input.