t 16 Prot Trinks?

Aside from the vial of living corruption, what other trinks are worth a damn and what are people lookin for? Kind of lost as to what my second trink choice should be.

Deleted
    There are just a billion situational trinkets. Other than the vial that you mentioned.

Thok's Tail Tip - Probably one of the safest bets, straight stat increase with str proc
    Kardris' Toxic Totem - 5% single target dps increase, gonna be viable when you are more geared.
    Fusion-Fire Core - Situational for cleave fights
    Rook's Unlucky Talisman - Situational stamina trinket
    Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman - Decent damage trinket, havent simmed it so not sure how it compares to Kardris
    Curse of Hubris - A great stamina trinket. The use is great for fights that got something you need to burn etc, works magic on siegecrafter adds.

The haste intellect trinket could also be interesting but gonna take so long before anyone passes that to a tank so would not really consider it.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-10-03 at 04:00 PM.

Thok's Tail Tip looks good. It amplifies critical damage/healing by 7%, and increases haste, mastery and spirit by 7% with a strength proc.

Vial of Living Corruption. Stamina and CDR

Rook's Unlucky Talisman. Stamina and AOE DR. Could be useful on some fights with a good amount of AOE.

But that's about it this tier. Unfortunately the only haste trinket has a int proc, and the only mastery trinket has an agility proc. Personally I'll probably go CDR trinket and amp trinket. For now I'm using CDR and spark because I haven't seen the amp trinket drop yet, once it does I'll probably use amp and spark until I can haste cap without the spark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thok's Tail Tip I'd say.

Extra Haste+Mastery+crit damage sure looks like a good bonus to have. Doing some quick math, if you have 50% haste and 25% mastery buffed (a likely scenario with the new tier) your ratings would be 21250 haste and 15000 mastery, making the trinket (normal, no upgrades) worth 1487 haste AND 1050 mastery. That's Spark of Zandalar with 1k mastery on top.

And the better side is: the higher your gear goes, the stronger the trinket will become.
    Last edited by arel00; 2013-10-03 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Thok's Tail Tip I'd say.

Extra Haste+Mastery+crit damage sure looks like a good bonus to have. Doing some quick math, if you have 50% haste and 25% mastery buffed (a likely scenario with the new tier) your ratings would be 21250 haste and 15000 mastery, making the trinket (normal, no upgrades) worth 1487 haste AND 1050 mastery. That's Spark of Zandalar with 1k mastery on top.

And the better side is: the higher your gear goes, the stronger the trinket will become.
    Pretty sure Thok's trinket should be used to just reach the 21250 GCD haste cap which is.. 19726(?) haste, then reforge the rest to more mastery for more damage red or crit for more dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Pretty sure Thok's trinket should be used to just reach the 21250 GCD haste cap which is.. 19726(?) haste, then reforge the rest to more mastery for more damage red or crit for more dps.
    While it's true that Mastery increases in value over Haste when you have reached 50%, or crit to another extent DPS-wise, it's not that Haste suddenly gets useless. Cooldown reduction apart (still effective) it also affects Eternal Flame.
    Simply put, since it's a passive benefit and not a rating, the trinket remains really good unless you need a specific mechanic for a specific fight. It even interacts with Crit, if that's what you're looking for. While it doesn't give you more of it, it makes crits stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I have a prot pally in my guild that insists that the 489 tank trinket upgraded twice is better than the flex and even the normal mode version of the Thok trinket. I just wanted to ask on here if he is correct or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceb0xhero View Post
    I have a prot pally in my guild that insists that the 489 tank trinket upgraded twice is better than the flex and even the normal mode version of the Thok trinket. I just wanted to ask on here if he is correct or not.
    Could you specify 489 tank trinket? Also the usefulness of Thok trinket depends on his gear as it scales with his current secondary stats. If you could link armory it would be easier to decide.

I dont think I can posts links yet but he is Lphicrates on US-Trollbane. And its the Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage trinket.

Deleted
    That is a bit trickier comparison as comparing a stamina trinket to a secondar stat trinket is not always straight forward.
    Lao-Chins Courage was a great trinket, mastery use is extremely good aswell with a fair bit of stamina. On some fights you should switch stamina trinkets in and on others you dont need them. So he should really keep both trinkets and swap accordingly to fight.

That said... Your paladin really likes his stamina. In my opinion he got a lot more stamina than he needs, especially considerig the content he is in. He is already using Vial of Living Corruption (Which is a great trinket... I am jealous, give me!), which is a stamina trinket, he really does not need a second stamina trinket. You are at 9/14 normal as far as I can tell. Your paladin is sitting at 824k health unbuffed. I got 780k unbuffed at 11/14 heroic, which is after getting loot after farm week. I was only at around 720-730k when we got to 11/14 and started Siegecrafter HC progression.

So I would really say that your tank got more than enough health. The health pool he got now is probably enough until 14/14 heroic. Of course, more health is always benefitial, but he for sure does not need to use double stamina trinkets right now.

I do not know what other trinkets he got though, because he is correct, that thok trinket is not so good to him at his current item level. It is very possible he have better trinkets from ToT.

Alright, well thanks a lot for the info. I'm no pally tank and he just came back to the game so I figured I'd ask on here for another opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceb0xhero View Post
    Which 489 tank trinket?

Thoks' is 7-9% more haste rating; if you have none, it will give none.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    There are just a billion situational trinkets. Other than the vial that you mentioned.

Thok's Tail Tip - Probably one of the safest bets, straight stat increase with str proc
    Kardris' Toxic Totem - 5% single target dps increase, gonna be viable when you are more geared.
    Fusion-Fire Core - Situational for cleave fights
    Rook's Unlucky Talisman - Situational stamina trinket
    Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman - Decent damage trinket, havent simmed it so not sure how it compares to Kardris
    Curse of Hubris - A great stamina trinket. The use is great for fights that got something you need to burn etc, works magic on siegecrafter adds.

The haste intellect trinket could also be interesting but gonna take so long before anyone passes that to a tank so would not really consider it.
    Personally i found fusion core to be terrible. While dealing with adds on sha (granted not the best uptime of them, but on H we did get to 70-90 pride rage with a ton of adds) it only did ~0.5% of my dps. Which to me seems silly.

Personally the only 2 that i'd use consistently are thok and vial.
    Not too sure of kardris or skeer seeing how thok allows us to switch more starts out of haste into say crit (or anything else that actually buffs survivability) and vial increases our dps by decreasing cd's --> more "extra" damages that we can take for more veng.