Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tank one is purely RNG. I kept aggro perfectly and stayed alive, but the NPC has such horrible AI they don't know when to dps/heal. Was more frustrating than fun so I gave up after a while.

I think it's a good concept, but needs a lot of refining.

The npc in tank PG doesnt heal it just puts a hot on you, surely one would notice before complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    The npc in tank PG doesnt heal it just puts a hot on you, surely one would notice before complaining.
    No, I noticed. Hence the second part of my argument. It's supposed to DPS too. Which it doesn't and it's clearly stated in the text before starting the trial that the NPC is responsible for both healing and damage. It does neither well. Heals when it should be DPSing and DPSing when it should be healing. It's pure RNG as to whether or not you will get a good run.

Deleted
    There is zero RNG. The NPC just keeps a hot 100% on the time on you and keep 100% of the time DPSing. She does aoe or single target depending on the number of mobs alive.

I finally got a new computer, so I'll be doing the Tank & DPS endless tonight to see if it's any more challenging than Gold. I got myself all siked up to "go for Gold" and realized it takes about as much skill as a daily quest (on DPS anyway). Excited to see if there's any more challenge in the tanking or Endless modes.

The AI is pretty terrible, so it replicates a typical pug well enough. It was amusing for a short while, but feels lacking. There are just no words for the tank NPC...
    Stay salty my friends.

Its a neat feature and a good time waster. That said, as other people pointed out, some classes have an easier time with it then others and i honestly don't think it should be used as any kind of metric for measuring a players skill.

I hope they expand on it in the future.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Its a neat feature and a good time waster. That said, as other people pointed out, some classes have an easier time with it then others and i honestly don't think it should be used as any kind of metric for measuring a players skill.

I think an Endless group mode would be cool, 3-5 players or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Failure, it's way too cookie cutter and small to be worth a damn.

There needs to be more modes and options available.

AoE mode so you can solely practice on AoE
    Single target mode so you can practice your DPS on 1 target
    Moving target mode
    Survivability mode

etc....

Bronze, Silver, Gold and Endless are simply too cookie cutter and bland to be meaningful
    what fight is purely AoE? none... you have single then switch to aoe for some packs, then back to single and so on. there is also 2 target rotation and stuff like that that teach you to enable your blade flurry, or more than 3 targets for full blown aoe. there is also moving target mode, with the banana throwing monkeys...

Have you even done them ? doesn't sound like it to me.

It's perfect for new players and those that don't really know how to play, for expreienced players ofc it's not that good, they just steamroll it. Me, I was having problems on gold as WW(with questing blues mind you, but still).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post

Guess what, some classes perform better in raids than others... it's easy as hell for ranged cause they can just nuke from afar saving a lot of time just like in real raids when you don't really have to move except when every1 has to .

Deleted
    I would find it great if they made 2 kind of proving grounds, one were the gear scale down like it do atm and another without scaling.
    Main reason for this would be some classes have a huge downside with less gear compare to others (hallo boomkins)

Not with the same ranking system obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just 1 thing to say about proving grounds : check wowprogress.com for the rankings of different classes [hint: mages already got higher rankings along with DKs and monks/paladins/rogues, while druids are stuck around 36-39th round]
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I would find it great if they made 2 kind of proving grounds, one were the gear scale down like it do atm and another without scaling.
    Main reason for this would be some classes have a huge downside with less gear compare to others (hallo boomkins)

Not with the same ranking system obviously.
    I've always thought that Endless shouldn't scale your gear at all since its "Survival" mode to see how far you can get, so in theory the better your gear the longer you should be able to survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    No, I noticed. Hence the second part of my argument. It's supposed to DPS too. Which it doesn't and it's clearly stated in the text before starting the trial that the NPC is responsible for both healing and damage. It does neither well. Heals when it should be DPSing and DPSing when it should be healing. It's pure RNG as to whether or not you will get a good run.
    I completed silver tanking on my Warlock, and made it through a couple of rounds on gold, never did I feel that she was lacking in healing or damage. She is dealing damage, she is healing, just not as much as you would like, but that's really the design of it. As a tank it's also up to you to make sure that you use the tools you have available to stay alive, as well as your surroundings, not just the healer to spam heal you through all damage you take (which is sadly the way things are in LFR/Heroic Dungeons).

Make use of the fires on the ground to help deal damage, keep everything off her at all times, and avoid taking damage as much as possible. Really not all that difficult, and no RNG in it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I've always thought that Endless shouldn't scale your gear at all since its "Survival" mode to see how far you can get, so in theory the better your gear the longer you should be able to survive.
    It's supposed to be a skill check, not a gear check.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    I got healer gold. Went to try as dps and got f-ed on wave 3...

I'm so bad at dps is not even funny and this isn't helping me get better, so I will say is a fail
    I'm not trying to be mean, but what did you expect? One time through and Blizzard would implant the knowledge in your head on how to be leet dps?

Proving grounds gives you a safe place to practice your role. The only way to get better is to keep plugging away at it, or heaven forbid, do some research now that you know you need help in there and then come back and keep plugging away.

The fact that you failed at the DPS mode shows that it is working. As in, regardless of how you thought you would instantaneously become a gifted DPS player, you instead learned (or had the fact reinforced) that you have a lot of room to improve. This goes to prove that players that already are good at it and don't need help say it's easy - as they should. And players that have room to improve can go in there, get their face smashed in, pick themselves up, and try again until they get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean, but what did you expect? One time through and Blizzard would implant the knowledge in your head on how to be leet dps?

Proving grounds gives you a safe place to practice your role. The only way to get better is to keep plugging away at it, or heaven forbid, do some research now that you know you need help in there and then come back and keep plugging away.

The fact that you failed at the DPS mode shows that it is working. As in, regardless of how you thought you would instantaneously become a gifted DPS player, you instead learned (or had the fact reinforced) that you have a lot of room to improve. This goes to prove that players that already are good at it and don't need help say it's easy - as they should. And players that have room to improve can go in there, get their face smashed in, pick themselves up, and try again until they get better.
    This, the only thing that I think failed is that it's not mandatory, before you step foot in a raid you have to beat bronze for lfr, silver for flex and gold for normal. And no, I still haven't beaten Gold yet as I've run out of gametime

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    This, the only thing that I think failed is that it's not mandatory, before you step foot in a raid you have to beat bronze for lfr, silver for flex and gold for normal. And no, I still haven't beaten Gold yet as I've run out of gametime
    Blizzard said they are thinking about doing that for the next expansion. Remove the iLvl requirement and implement a proving ground requirement for queued instances. I agree with you and say it's an outstanding idea.

Deleted
    That would be a terrible idea, seeing as Proving Grounds caters to certain specs and is just terrible to other specs.

Deleted
    I would accept that aswell But most people don't have the gear I do witch would lead to a lot of whine I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    That would be a terrible idea, seeing as Proving Grounds caters to certain specs and is just terrible to other specs.
    You forgot to add that gold (and even wave 30) is pretty easy for every class/spec as long as the player knows what their doing. Or do you believe the current ilvl SoO LFR requirement which tests your ability to find/farm the epics in timeless isle is a more accurate way of measuring raiding skill?

- - - Updated - - -

It's supposed to be a skill check. 30-50 min proving grounds are bad enough, imagine if you had to survive 100 faceroll waves before you got to the point where it actually matters (because of gear inflation)

Deleted
    A friend of mine spends a lot of time in Proving Grounds.

He told me that he learned how to play Assassination Rogue extremely quick and easy, and does Proving Grounds for Ranking purposes.

I'm just going to leave his Rogue 40+ wave video here to promote him.