Poll: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    For a guy who spends all his time on this forum creating a toxic environment for casuals you really have no room to talk about LFR being toxic. For someone who pines for the days of community that LFR ruined you would think you would be pushing the ideal that people who want a fast dps queue should go make a friend. Problem is people just want to complain about the queue instead of figuring a way to get through it by making a friend.

The problem with LFR isn't LFR, its the people in LFR who go afk for shits and giggles or that they are too good for LFR to help out. The people who grief, the people who queue up as a healer when they are dps (because cheating to the front of the line is better than getting to know someone in your community.). People who still wear 460 gear when they could spend an hour getting 496 tokens. Your mistake is confusing every LFR player as a bad lfr player like someone who gets flipped off on the highway and telling everyone that all drivers suck when you passed 300 people who obeyed the rules of the road. The problem isn't LFR its people, a few bad people, just like a few elite go bad and become elitists.

What is really going to piss you off is the poll at the top of this page every time you reply here that consistently shows you are on the wrong side of history.

lol, I'm creating a toxic environment? Come on now, I'm just arguing a different stand point and speaking up for a portion of the wow base that typically doesn't post a lot on the forums. The friend that's a healer or tank is a good thing, believe me, but if you are talking about actual casual players, they aren't going to do stuff like that in most cases. For someone like you and me that have been playing for a while, we both know tanks and healers, for a new guy it's very hard to actually know these types because the leveling system has eliminated the need for social behavior from 1 to 90, and then at 90, you are randomly teamed up with strangers. While some will make buddies no doubt, I would contend that most new players, or casual players would not fit into this boat.

The problems with LFR are many, between long queues, the fact that it allows you to go afk, and the lack of challenge leaves many bored to the point where they wanna troll or wipe their group. Not every LFR player is a bad player of course, but the game is doing players a disservice by making content *that* easy that still rewards people. The biggest problem with LFR is that it's goes against what makes an MMO an MMO in the first place. It lacks progression because you one shot everything, you randomly team up with strangers in a game that is supposed to encourage social behavior, and there's no challenge present.

As for the poll, I'm not worried, there's enough "no" guys and you can't expect everyone to agree with you all the time. That being said, my "LFR and the bad players union" post had the majority of the votes agreeing with me that the bad players union does exist, does that actually make it so? lol

At least design it so that normal raiders never get an upgrade from LFR.

But IMO *remove it*. Raiding is an organized social experience. By allowing LFR you're not getting people into the game...you're actually dissuading people from playing. I can imagine a new player going into LFR...watching the steamroll or the bickering and wiping...most people afk. That's not what's fun about raiding. It's fun to chat and strategize.

Blizzard needs to present the best part of raiding to keep people interested- not the worst. They need an easy mode that scales with players...FLEX. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    At least design it so that normal raiders never get an upgrade from LFR.

But IMO *remove it*. Raiding is an organized social experience. By allowing LFR you're not getting people into the game...you're actually dissuading people from playing. I can imagine a new player going into LFR...watching the steamroll or the bickering and wiping...most people afk. That's not what's fun about raiding. It's fun to chat and strategize.

Blizzard needs to present the best part of raiding to keep people interested- not the worst. They need an easy mode that scales with players...FLEX. GG.
    LFR was made because people were NOT raiding. If you could think of an alternate solution to people just flat out not wanting to do organized activities in the game, I'd like to hear it. There's really nothing they could do, other than start cutting down the budget of raiding in general, and focusing on other things for those people.

Flex is a replacement for Normal. LFR isn't going anywhere.

I hope they drop LFR. It breeds horrible players as can be seen with the SoO LFRs if you've done them at all. Now that all the more competent players don't need to do LFR anymore since Flex, LFR is just horrid.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, there is no reason to do so. Flex is all the noobs/busy people need and its tuned perfectly for those people besides no afking/failing on shit.