Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PoH hits 3 targets on most the SoO fights?

Anyone else feel like the rooms are to big, that PoH is less powerful due to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an Add On for that.

for increasing the range of PoH?

I dont have a problem with that. Most raid frames have an AoE heal suggestion option that will show you with an icon what person in the group would be most effective to cast PoH on. I can only think of one maybe two fights that its even remotely hard to hit all 5.

Deleted
    I know what you mean although most of the fights it's ok. Immerseus is pretty awful but it's a similar deal for all healers. Pick 4 people and tell 'em to stick near you, put them in the same group.
    Most of the other fights there's usually a group worth casting on. Jugg if people get too spread out sucks, try telling people to get knocked into the same area.
    Similar with Maklorok, try having people near each other in the same group and tell them to go to the same places.

The rest of the fights are pretty alright though, just encourage people not to stand in china when there's no reason to. Fights like paragons have huge rooms but there's little reason to be standing miles away from the middle.

Deleted
    Yeah it also helps if you have impact on how the groups are build.
    Since poh is 30y from its impact its really helpful to have melees/tanks spread across all groups for most fights so you have a proper targets for poh in every group.
    This of course is fight/room dependant.

Other than that an indicator on your raidframes how many people are hit by poh if you cast it on a player is very helpfull

The last thing is that you have to teach your people to stand so your poh can do its job.

Pimpin aint allways easy :P

It is imperative that you have the luxury of assembling group compositions and play an integral role in positioning for your guilds strategizing. This extends beyond PoH, with the considerations of Divine Star/Halo. Even with Immerseus, you should always ensure you have the proper setup to enable you to heal to your maximum potential, and ideally, heal with the bare minimum number of healers required because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    It is imperative that you have the luxury of assembling group compositions and play an integral role in positioning for your guilds strategizing. This extends beyond PoH, with the considerations of Divine Star/Halo. Even with Immerseus, you should always ensure you have the proper setup to enable you to heal to your maximum potential, and ideally, heal with the bare minimum number of healers required because of it.
    Oh my guild is far to busy playing gcg to work out the details.

My raid leaders have gotten used to me talking about groups, and have finally started picking up on what I want. It's gotten to the point that (since I've asked so many times) when I say "Groups!!" during a ready check they just fix them for me.

Just get used to asking for group arrangements if you have a priest healer or are one.
    In any serious 25 man, melee goes in a group and ranged go in groups so it's not a big deal but in 10 man it can be lopsided since melee aren't preferred.
    We have 1 melee not including our tanks and 6 ranged and 2 healers. I prefer to have myself in the melee group b/c I can easily place myself where PoH where it'll reach melee. Ranged are usually close enough to where it doesn't matter.

I also made my own addon for ElvUI for aoe suggestions so that works really well too :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Our healing lead played a Healing Priest for 2 x-pacs and with 2-3 Healing Priests groups are almost always set up well.

And yes, I was specifically referring to addons that either add or include an indicator for which person in that group would be the best target for PoH.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Our healing lead played a Healing Priest for 2 x-pacs and with 2-3 Healing Priests groups are almost always set up well.

And yes, I was specifically referring to addons that either add or include an indicator for which person in that group would be the best target for PoH.
    vuhdo shows quite well the best target for PoH/CoH

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    One of the best pieces of advices I usually give other priests:

If you aren't raid leader or usually promoted, talk to your raid leader to get promoted or to have him arrange groups for PoH. There's really not much other reason to arrange groups a certain way anymore anyway and it helps A LOT.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    One of the best pieces of advices I usually give other priests:

If you aren't raid leader or usually promoted, talk to your raid leader to get promoted or to have him arrange groups for PoH. There's really not much other reason to arrange groups a certain way anymore anyway and it helps A LOT.
    Also, putting a melee in each group (and then casting off said melee) can often help alleviate the issue of not being able to hit as many targets as one would like to. Still think it's silly that this is essentially required on certain fights if you want to maximize your PoH output.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad addons wont help against random dmg in raid...!;P

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So any suggestions for healing addons that show how many people will be healed by PoH? I tried using the one designed to be used with Grid, but i just couldent get Grid to show debuffs/buffs as good as the normal ui could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandas View Post
    So any suggestions for healing addons that show how many people will be healed by PoH? I tried using the one designed to be used with Grid, but i just couldent get Grid to show debuffs/buffs as good as the normal ui could.
    This makes me think that Vuhdo would be a better Healing mod for you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are in a fight where ranged stand all spread out around the boss, make sure a tank or melee is in each group and use them as your PoH target. Tell your ranged baddies to stop standing at max range and stay within 30 yards of the boss. Fixed. The addon suggestion doesn't help you with poorly arranged groups, and ranged baddies.

15+ Year Old Account
    If all else fails, position yourself between the other members of your group and target yourself. At least that way you'll have one good PoH target. It's better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post

I also made my own addon for ElvUI for aoe suggestions so that works really well too :P
    Can you upload your elvui addon? I'd like to try it out.