Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legendary solution...

Now I know a lot of people prefer the old model of legendary's, and some who enjoy the new approach. Well how about the best of both worlds. Have an expansion long questline ending with a legendary, and a legendary for a specific class. You could even call it something else. A higher tier than legendary.

Yea I can agree with that. I can not think of a name but a new grade of gear beyond legendary would be a good idea imo.

Shrug. I kind of prefer this method of legendary. Previous ones were shitty in that you were or weren't eligible to go for one on something as arbitrary as what class you chose to roll. I mean it worked great for the Rogue legendary in that you got a super cool rogue themed quest chain, but I think they can provide that sort of content without having to give out an OP legendary at the end, like they did with the Warlock green fire chain.

Not that the rogue legendary was OP, they were actually not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Legendary quests should never have been doable in LFR. Im hoping with flex around now if they decide to follow a similar path next expansion it will only be Flex/normal/heroic since they'll never make it be "heroic content only" as legendaries should be.
    This is nonsense really, every single legendary has been completeable in NM so it's never been based on difficulty. They're just a grind/RNG and little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    making the legendary such a long grind only penalises returning subscribers who feel they cannot catch up and will therefore be at a disadvantage for a very long time and may infact just give up
    Hi

My full set of lfr gear topped off with a legendary cloak, how sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This is nonsense really, every single legendary has been completeable in NM so it's never been based on difficulty. They're just a grind/RNG and little more.

Now this is really nonsense. There's a huge gap from LFR to normal mode for starters. Hell even getting into a raid good enough to down many of the bosses, for example, was a lot hard than hitting a button to queue up for LFR lol.

Deleted
    I remember there being artifact items. Only for GMs if I remember well. It could make a nice addition to the game. I like your idea OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    making the legendary such a long grind only penalises returning subscribers who feel they cannot catch up and will therefore be at a disadvantage for a very long time and may infact just give up
    But how many guilds were going to put returning players at the front of the line for drop legendaries ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

yea but I see it as a reward rather than a penalty. A reward for players sticking with the questline the whole expansion. To get a nice cloak with cool procs. I like the model even though it is a long time. Though as a I mentioned before a new grade would be fitting. God tier weapons or something.

Just saw the artifact mentioned and I like it. This would no doubt please the players who enjoyed the previous models.

Deleted
    Legendary quests should never have been doable in LFR. Im hoping with flex around now if they decide to follow a similar path next expansion it will only be Flex/normal/heroic since they'll never make it be "heroic content only" as legendaries should be.
    My bullshit detector just hit max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are made of stronger stuff than that and contrary to what everyone seems to think there's never been a time in the past when most everyone gets a legendary. This time won't be an exception to that either. It's true that with patience everyone who really wants one can probably attain one. Most won't. Most players have never had a legendary. It will be surprising if 1 in 5 get the cloak.

They survived that then and they'll survive it now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Now this is really nonsense. There's a huge gap from LFR to normal mode for starters. Hell even getting into a raid good enough to down many of the bosses, for example, was a lot hard than hitting a button to queue up for LFR lol.
    Now this is really nonsense.
    You need to do a lot more then just hitting a button and queue up for LFR to get the legendary cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Now this is really nonsense.
    You need to do a lot more then just hitting a button and queue up for LFR to get the legendary cloak.
    I feel obligated to say "now this is really nonsense" again lol. Have you done normal mode raids? In LFR the mechanics are almost non-existant, and you can /afk if you want to. That's why a lot of people refer to it as a "welfare legendary". Guys that do 30k dps, can get this legendary, as long as they just do LFR for the week. Is the grind long? Definitely, but doesn't change the fact that it lacked challenge.

10+ Year Old Account

lol ... legendaries are not the reason they left and sure as hell won't be the reason they come back (if ever).
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

And your response didn't even register on my reading comprehension detector.
    Oh rubbish, you don't have to do a single bloody thing that requires any challenge at all. Stop patting yourself on the back. At least the Shadowmourne quest required testing mettle. 3 man a bloody elite in Krasarang and do some BGs, grind valor. So hard. Funny your bullshit meter doesn't work when you spew it.

Exactly lol. The guy will probably respond with "well you could just get warglaives if you killed Illidan" or something, ignoring the fact that going through Kara, Gruul's Lair, Tempest Keep, SSC, and then through Black Temple, all the way to Illidan was about 10 times more difficult then the current legendary. His bullshit detector is at max level every time he logs in and posts lol.

Deleted
    I feel obligated to say "now this is really nonsense" again lol. Have you done normal mode raids? In LFR the mechanics are almost non-existant, and you can /afk if you want to. That's why a lot of people refer to it as a "welfare legendary". Guys that do 30k dps, can get this legendary, as long as they just do LFR for the week. Is the grind long? Definitely, but doesn't change the fact that it lacked challenge.
    You need a lot more then 30k dps to do the final challenge. Don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    You need a lot more then 30k dps to do the final challenge. Don't lie.

Which part? Where you collect 5k timeless coins or where you kill the 4 different celestials? The coins part comes easy if you just run around and kill rares... really the coins come from any part of the isle. For the 4 different celestials, just do them in a raid. Honestly, all you have to do is tap one with one attack, and if you die, you still get credit for the kill, even if you aren't in a raid group.

Deleted
    Oh rubbish, you don't have to do a single bloody thing that requires any challenge at all. Stop patting yourself on the back. At least the Shadowmourne quest required testing mettle. 3 man a bloody elite in Krasarang and do some BGs, grind valor. So hard. Funny your bullshit meter doesn't work when you spew it.
    Oh rubbish, first off the amount of time needed to put in is one of the challenges. Most people will not get this legendary because they don't have the dedication needed to get it. Second, its not like the other legendry's took any sort of skill from the individual either, just time and nice friends.
    Third, why on earth should I pat my back for getting a virtual cloak with a orange name? That's just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Which part? Where you collect 5k timeless coins or where you kill the 4 different celestials? The coins part comes easy if you just run around and kill rares... really the coins come from any part of the isle. For the 4 different celestials, just do them in a raid. Honestly, all you have to do is tap one with one attack, and if you die, you still get credit for the kill, even if you aren't in a raid group.
    Ah yea not the final thing, my bad.
    The fight against the Black prince

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like some butthurt sillies are mad I got a cloak from LFR. I earned it fair and square with the system available. Why would I want to lose that system? Why should someone else get something I don't? They aren't better players than me. They already have heaps of gear I won't get from heroic modes. Heroic modes should just drop transmog gear anyway so they can pat themselves on the back. The current system works great for casual players to slowly work at over the course of an expansion. I just don't see why so-called 'hardcore raiders' should get legendaries and nobody else. They just spend a lot of time beating content that gets easier and easier every week with more gear until they get it done then act like it's a great accomplishment. Not saying they shouldn't get legendaries, just that everyone should get them if they work at them the same amount of time.

Stop being so mad badcore raiders. I got my cloak and if you don't like it, I don't care. It's going to happen again so get used to it babbies.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Having a legendary that drops only penalizes those that are at the whim of there guild leaders and their possible greed / favoritism for themselves and there close friends and means that the player infact may never get one.