Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Stormlash change

Shaman

General
    To help address issues with input lag, Stormlash Totem's Stormlash effect now has a 20% to activate but deals 5 times more damage (down from a 100% chance to activate). Overall damage output should remain unchanged.

Esentially not a change, other than the fact that stormlash damage is now susceptible to positive or negative RNG swings (though that can be mitigated by the size of your raid and/or the number of shamans you bring).

Deleted
    While I know it should average the same dps, the rng component could be crap. Although, given stormlash for me (elemental) can easily crit on dummies on pull for 125k+, be fun to watch those 600k+ crits.

Pvp RNG madness!

-edit
    It should be renamed to :
    WINDFURY TOTEM!!1!!!
    Last edited by whyabadi; 2013-10-05 at 01:30 AM.

What is like to know, is what happens now, if 2 stormlashes are dropped simultaneously. i.e., does each toon now have two, independent 20% proc chances, or does one "chance" override the other?

As a 25HC raider who often raids with 3 shamans of each spec, I definitely welcome this change. Several of our guildies still continue to get some of that spell lag during a fight's opening and that's obviously extremely annoying, particularly for our DPS'ers.

Deleted
    It was needed, it's abilities like this that causes the major input lag in 25mans. They've done it before, like to Healing Rain, Holy Radiance and Soul Link. They should also keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    As a 25HC raider who often raids with 3 shamans of each spec, I definitely welcome this change. Several of our guildies still continue to get some of that spell lag during a fight's opening and that's obviously extremely annoying, particularly for our DPS'ers.
    Same here. The more changes in this direction the better imho. As long as we never get back to last tier's "NOOOOOOOO Don't use Stampede in the first few seconds!!!" during H-Lei Shen progression, lmao.

What has changed that's made these skills cause input lag? The bigger numbers coming from them? I mean, this wasn't an issue before.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    What has changed that's made these skills cause input lag? The bigger numbers coming from them? I mean, this wasn't an issue before.
    Every spell who got casted on the boss also ticked the Stormlash, effectively doubling the amount of DMG Ticks on the Boss while SS was up. Resulting in WAY more informations to be processed by the clients. Now Bloodlust and haste Procs are active at that time usually, so that puts this even further down the lag-road.

yay no more lag.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Yeah, I like this. Began noticing the lag recently.

I'm worried a wee bit.. this will bring more RNG to Shaman PvP, and a player may just fight against a Shaman who is on the lucky side of Stormlash RNG and then call for them to be nerfed, were already under scrutiny in PvP imo. Sorting out raid lag is fine, but as usual PvE problems impact PvP and vice versa, I just hope it doesn't mess things up too much.

Deleted
    great change!! more burst!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Esentially not a change, other than the fact that stormlash damage is now susceptible to positive or negative RNG swings (though that can be mitigated by the size of your raid and/or the number of shamans you bring).
    Not just that. Other possibility are fast hitting and slow hitting

-> As an enhancement shaman I get always crazy.
    -> As a fire mage I only get crazy if I get crits (shouldn't be a problem but the fact is fire is a slow caster).

So I guess my shaman will procc the Stormlash much more often than my mage...

Example:
    -> Enhancement: 200 strikes in 10 seconds (I know, way to much) -> 40 Stormlash proccs
    -> Fire Mage: 50 casts in 10 seconds -> 10 Stormlash proccs...

If the enhancement looses 2 or 3 proccs it won't hurt that much (because the Stormlash dmg depends on the dmg that proccs stormlash?) but the fire mage will cry if he looses just one procc.

Or did I miss something?

Does anyone know if unsuccessful procs trigger the cd? Because if they don't this is a buff to fast hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    Does anyone know if unsuccessful procs trigger the cd? Because if they don't this is a buff to fast hitters.
    What do you mean by "unsuccessful procs trigger the cd"? Which cd? Something like an internal cd like older trinkets?

As far as the description is concrned there is nothing like an icd.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowcube View Post
    Not just that. Other possibility are fast hitting and slow hitting

-> As an enhancement shaman I get always crazy.
    -> As a fire mage I only get crazy if I get crits (shouldn't be a problem but the fact is fire is a slow caster).

So I guess my shaman will procc the Stormlash much more often than my mage...

Example:
    -> Enhancement: 200 strikes in 10 seconds (I know, way to much) -> 40 Stormlash proccs
    -> Fire Mage: 50 casts in 10 seconds -> 10 Stormlash proccs...

If the enhancement looses 2 or 3 proccs it won't hurt that much (because the Stormlash dmg depends on the dmg that proccs stormlash?) but the fire mage will cry if he looses just one procc.

Or did I miss something?
    You missed that your mage is already proccing the same proportion of your shamans hits. There is no change (just more RNG) and afaik the damage is roughly balanced with no. of hits in mind. Also losing 3 procs is almost equal to mage losing 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Flowcube View Post
    What do you mean by "unsuccessful procs trigger the cd"? Which cd? Something like an internal cd like older trinkets?

As far as the description is concrned there is nothing like an icd.
    Pretty sure Stormlash has something like .05sec icd

edit: it has .1 sec ICD
    Last edited by Jpp; 2013-10-07 at 02:17 PM.

Does this mean guilds may want to bring even more Shamans to 25 man raids to ensure more damage? Stormlash was guaranteed damage but now it's RNG.