Resto Trinket Question

Pretty new to the resto shaman. I have Horridon's Last Gasp (Raid Finder) and Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. Are Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth (Raid Finder), Prismatic Prison of Pride (Raid Finder) better than the two that I have? If so what should I replace with what? I have enough timeless coins to get the 535 Contemplation of Chi-Ji trinket. Is this worth buying? Thanks!

Depends a bit on your mana/playstyle. I dont know about the Tooth, it depends on the range it proccs on, but i'm personally not fond of random proccs as a healer (spirit works, but things like int/cleave heals feels like the always procc at the wrong time/off the wrong thing).

I like the prismatic prison, and I run with that and the Chi-ji trinky. A disclaimer is that i'm casual and don't regulary run things beyond flex. My gut feelings don't have any basis in theorycraft, its just a matter of personal taste.

I usually go for a pretty mana regen heavy gear, but that depends on what suits your playstyle.

I too really don't like INT procs for healer trinkets, and 115 second CD is too long for random. I'm not actually that keen on either of those. Both Horridon's and Soothing Talisman (these are what I'm using still, Horridon's is normal TF, both upgraded) are more reliable and controllable.

Thok's just looks bad and would likely contribute more to overhealing and effective healing and the INT proc is just unreliable. Who wants a 115 second CD to proc when you're just casting HW to top someone off? Prismatic might be ok to replace your LFR Horridon's though, depending on what the 7% increase to secondary stats gives you.

I'd go for the Chi-Ji trinket over either of those other ones though and upgrade it right away. That's the sort of static INT boost and random proc you want. Get that, and replace your LFR Horridon's with it.

Thx for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I too really don't like INT procs for healer trinkets, and 115 second CD is too long for random. I'm not actually that keen on either of those. Both Horridon's and Soothing Talisman (these are what I'm using still, Horridon's is normal TF, both upgraded) are more reliable and controllable.

Thok's just looks bad and would likely contribute more to overhealing and effective healing and the INT proc is just unreliable. Who wants a 115 second CD to proc when you're just casting HW to top someone off? Prismatic might be ok to replace your LFR Horridon's though, depending on what the 7% increase to secondary stats gives you.

I'd go for the Chi-Ji trinket over either of those other ones though and upgrade it right away. That's the sort of static INT boost and random proc you want. Get that, and replace your LFR Horridon's with it.
    I have the Thok trinket from normal and Warforged, and on stacking situations it is incredible.

Take the Thok fight for example, the Cleave heal is doing more healing than EL is and not too far behind CH (that does depend on your personal usage of it though).

The Thok trinket is BiS, by a long shot imo.

Totally depends on the fight, and if you're 10 or 25 man. If it is a fight with a lot of stacking then yes definitely BiS. But there are spread fights where the i561 version has done 1.5-2% of my overall healing. IMO Prism / Dysmorphic on spread fights where the cleave proc isn't as effective, and Prism / Thoks for the more stacked fights.

Based on the math I have done on the T16 trinkets.
    1. Prismatic Prison is the BiS trinket by a large margin. Unless both the Nazgrim and Thok trinkets both give ~6% or more throughput, the amp trinket is the clear BiS.
    2. The Thok trinket beats Dysmorphic Samophlange if it adds +3.5% output from the cleave proc or more. The Nazgrim trinket beats Samophlange if it adds 4.5% output from the multistrike proc or more. Thok and Samophlange likely jump back and forth between 2nd BiS and 3rd BiS on a by fight basis. I think that the Nazgrim trinket is pretty clearly the weakest of the 4.
    3. All 4 trinkets destroy any of the T15 trinkets at the same ilvl or higher, so there is little reason to avoid taking any of these trinkets if they are going to rot. The Lei Shen trinket is particularly weak; the Timeless Isle trinket beats it out.
    4. All 4 trinkets are within about 20% of each other in terms of total value. Unlike T15 where 2 of the 4 healing trinkets were completely awful, there isn't any really terrible trinket choices this tier.

Deleted
    Thanks for confirming what I was suspecting. I'll add that Horridon's mana proc is really inconsistent. Just going through some of last weeks kills, I'm seeing mp5 gains anywhere from 837 to 1637. That's ignoring a 2206 mp5 outlier. So if you are trying to go for just enough spirit to end the fights around 10-20% mana, then Horridon's can be a little tricky.

Yeah, it maths out to being a throughput gain to replace Horridon's Last Grasp with any of the T16 trinkets (assuming higher ilvl at least so probably not LFR versions) and just reforging back into the amount of Spirit you need from dropping HLG.

So I just got Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (LFR). Anyone ever mess with this? Is it any good? I know the other 3 trinkets from this tier are good. Should I replace Horridon's Last Gasp (LFR) with it? I feel I have enough spirit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cooks View Post
    So I just got Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (LFR). Anyone ever mess with this? Is it any good? I know the other 3 trinkets from this tier are good. Should I replace Horridon's Last Gasp (LFR) with it? I feel I have enough spirit. Thanks.
    I have a normal Nazgrim's and while it is probably the worst trinket for us in SoO, it is still better than anything from previous tiers. Only thing I perhaps wouldn't replace for it would be Heroic/HTF Horridon's.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrez View Post
    I have a normal Nazgrim's and while it is probably the worst trinket for us in SoO, it is still better than anything from previous tiers. Only thing I perhaps wouldn't replace for it would be Heroic/HTF Horridon's.
    My tinkets atm are Horridon Hc and Lei Shen Normal both fully upgraded. I tried swapping out the Lei shen trinket for the Nazgrim one and found the loss of 1500 intellect pretty painful and the trinket ended up being like 1% of my healing.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Based on the math I have done on the T16 trinkets.
    1. Prismatic Prison is the BiS trinket by a large margin. Unless both the Nazgrim and Thok trinkets both give ~6% or more throughput, the amp trinket is the clear BiS.
    2. The Thok trinket beats Dysmorphic Samophlange if it adds +3.5% output from the cleave proc or more. The Nazgrim trinket beats Samophlange if it adds 4.5% output from the multistrike proc or more. Thok and Samophlange likely jump back and forth between 2nd BiS and 3rd BiS on a by fight basis. I think that the Nazgrim trinket is pretty clearly the weakest of the 4.
    3. All 4 trinkets destroy any of the T15 trinkets at the same ilvl or higher, so there is little reason to avoid taking any of these trinkets if they are going to rot. The Lei Shen trinket is particularly weak; the Timeless Isle trinket beats it out.
    4. All 4 trinkets are within about 20% of each other in terms of total value. Unlike T15 where 2 of the 4 healing trinkets were completely awful, there isn't any really terrible trinket choices this tier.

Just on that subject Tib how does the dps amp trinket rank?
    (yes i know we as healers wont see it for a long long time and the proc doesn't work for us but just wondering from a static stat pov)
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Without the INT proc working (because you're using the offspec DPS Amp trinket), it is only worth about 60% of what the healing amp trinket is. It is going to be worse than all T16 healing trinkets, worse than Horridon's Last Grasp, and about even with the heroic Lei Shen trinket. In other words, it's not remotely worth the effort it takes to obtain and not worth burning bonus rolls (with Ele loot specialization) to try and get.

Ok thanks just wanted to clarify for a argument.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P