Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Operation W.O.R.G (Worgen Operatives Retake Gilneas)- Content Idea.

Operation
    W.O.R.G

Lore:
    After the fall of Hellscream, the Alliance can now focus its efforts to reclaim its lost territory from the battles during the Cataclysm. Genn Greymane has recruited many of the heroes of the Siege of Orgrimmar, the Isle of Thunder, and other battles of note. Some say they even saw the Scarab Lord in the ranks.

Gilneas. while the city it self is under Alliance control, the Horde, in particular the Forsaken have made most of it uninhabitable. Also the Forsaken still attack from the coast lines. While Gilneas is currently too toxic to live in, gnome scientists have created a way to disperse the plague and have created, Plague Monocles to detect future plague attacks by reading toxicity levels. Genn Greymane, Ivar Bloodfang, and Darius Crowley have Begun the counter attack on the Forsaken to drive them from their lands. Will you be there to help?

Stylish and functional

Sylvanas is within the highest position of strength within the Horde. During the Pandaren campaign Her forces suffered the least casualties, and during the Siege she only lost a fraction of what the Tauren and Trolls lost. She does know however, that she cannot openly engage the Alliance Militarily. She would evoke the wrath of not just the Alliance, but her new Warchief as well. Instead of doing this deed on her own she has instead decided on a proxy group, her plague scientists. She has put two of its rising leaders in control of the Gilneas campaign, under a very loose string of her own Authority. These two Scientists are, Hubert Von Brawl, and Rodney Jumpenheimer. Jumpenheimer has developed a way to weaponize the plague like never before, and Von Brawl has reverse engineered Goblin Technology to create the ultimate carrying mechanism for the Plague. Both of these scientists and their subordinates are ordered upon capture or defeat to hail Hellscream. Sylvanas must be careful to get what she wants, and keep her self secure.

Faction: Gilneas Liberation Front G.L.F
    Characters:
    Genn Greymane: King of Gilneas and one of three leaders in Operation W.O.R.G. His daily quest focus is primarily on ending the plague in the city of Gilneas it self and sending missions to find plague stock piles. He also commands the new Gnomeish turrets that dot the city in order to take down Forsaken Zeppelins. Both Commander Tess Greymane and Commander Lorna Crowley assist in each of these operations.

Tess Greymane: As princess of Gilneas, she feels that she has the duty to help her kingdom like her father does. She may not be the most experienced commander on the field, but her new powers and new gnome friends have been a boon to what she is capable of. She leads the garrison on the streets of Gilneas to eradicate all sources of the plague, and any who carry it. She is sure to send forces out side of the city in order to make sure any near by plague container is destroyed.

Lorna Crowley: Daughter of Darius Crowley, Lorna has fought for the past few years against the forces of the undead. She has embraced the new allies that have come to her aid and has quickly learned how to fully use Gnomeish technology, especially turrets. Help her take down Forsaken Zeppelins and protect the city walls.

Ivar Bloodfang: He leads the missions in Hillsbrad Foothills to cut off Forsaken supplies from reaching their next destination, Stormgarde. Ivar reluctantly agreed to fight on the side of Greymane and Crowley, but he knows that his has to be done and he has to put his differences aside. He will sabotage the Forsaken where ever he sees fit. While he may not care for Stormgarde, he does not wish for the Forsaken to gain another foothold. He wishes to retain the lands so he can roam free as any Worgen in his mind should. Genn Greymane has offered Ivar this compromise for his support. Genn Greymane has promised to sanction land for Ivar and his followers use.

Darius Crowley: He leads the missions that focus on fighting the Forsaken on the Gilnean boarders, and into the Forsaken territory it self. His focuses on sabotaging the new war machines created by Von Brawl, and Jumpenheimer. He commands the bulk of the Alliance forces and has enlisted the 7th Legion in his efforts. He needs all the help he can get, the new plague missiles are the most powerful weapon many have ever seen. Worse, there may be an even bigger weapon that must be found and destroyed.

Faction: Forsaken
    Hubert Von Brawl: A former low level alchemist from Lordaeron, he was resurrected only recently by Sylvanas and quicly engaged the new technologies of the world. He is obsessed with Goblin Technology and may have possibly created the most powerful weapon ever devised. He has redesigned one of Garrosh Hellscream's unused Mana bombs into a new war machine of undeath. That is not even the tip of the iceberg! He has also reverse engineered Goblin rockets to allow for further and further deployments of the new plague developed by Rodney Jumpenheimer.

Rodney Jumpenheimer: as an apothecary under Putress, Rodney learned from one of the best on how to weaponize the Plague. Rodney is responsible for the newer strains of the plague that have ravaged Gilneas, his greatest work according to himself was South Shore. Rodney was able to figure out a powerful method of Plague that even Professor Putricide of the scourge failed. Using notes he had taken during the Ice Crown Campaign, he has created the most devastating strain yet.

Archibald Greymane: Sylvanas was able to resurrect the former king of Gilneas to command her armies in the region. Archibald is directly controlled by one of the remaining Val'kyrs that are attached to Sylvanas's soul. Archibald is now a powerful Forsaken general and in his make shift fort on the edge of Silverpine, Genn Greymane will need all the help he can get to stop his father.

Galen Trollbane: Once prince of Stormgarde, Galen Trollbane has been resurrected to fight for the Forsaken. He seeks to reclaim what be believes is still his even at the risk of destroying it. Unlike Archibald, Galen is not under the sway of Sylvanas. It is unknown as to why he has chosen to bring harm to his own kingdom, but in his mind he is and always will be king. He is far more powerful and is ready to bring destruction to his home land.

New Areas: (un instanced)

Stormgarde's bane: A Forsaken hold that holds the supplies that will be used to capture Stormgarde in the name of the Forsaken. Ivar Bloodfang will not let this happen. Assist Ivar on a series of missions to defeat the Forsaken on this front. Eventually directly confront the Forsaken Commander in the area, Galen Trollbane.

Archibalds front: Assist Darius Crowley in weakening the Forsaken war machine at Archibalds Front, just out side Gilneas in Silverpine.. The Forsaken has begun operations here that can very well end all life on Azeroth. Darius Crowley will do what ever it takes to defend this land, and will not fail at this location again. The new 5 man instance Archibald's Fortress is located here.

New instance: Archibald's Fortress
    Von Brawl, Jumpenheimer, and Archibald are all located here. Fight through waves of undead monstrosities and put an end to the creations of the Forsaken war machine. Archibald is on the top tower, Genn Greymane along with the help of an unexpected Hero will need you to take down Archibald and end the Forsaken assault.

Fight your way in with Crowley and help Genn Greymane put an end to to desecration of Gilneas, in this case... kinda close to home

Archibald's Fortress (In some detail)

The first phase is out side of the Fortress. You are to clear out a gauntlet of Forsaken who are being led by Von Brawl. The goal here is to allow for Liam's light an Alliance airship to get through with out being shot down, Genn Greymane is on board.

Boss 1: Hubert Von Brawl
    Once you break into the fortress you will confront Von Brawl, this fight is a gauntlet style battle. Von Brawl does not engage Directly, Instead he uses remote controlled goblin robot suits each of which have their own health pool, while you do battle with them Von Brawl will also shoot his plague missiles at your party. You will need to make sure that you do not succumb to the Plague. defeating him will give you enough explosives to take down the walls to get to the next step.

Boss 2: Rodney Jumpenhiemer
    He claimed much more from the laboratory of Putricide than just a few notes on the ultimate plague. He also was able to replicate and perfect the potion that gave Putricide his great strengh. Goooood neewwws everyone, Putricide is back. This fight will have very similar mechanics to the Putricide fight, but will also have a few more twists. Jumpenhiemer has a small garrison of abominations that must be taken down as well, and a few unexpected spider beasts. Who knows what Sylvanas has been up to.

Boss3: Gauntlet.
    You join Genn Greymane at the upper levels of the fortress. Liam's Light offers you a few buffs to fight the gauntlet of Forsaken soldiers that have massed and are ready to strike. The Commanders of each unit has a less potent version of Jumpenhiemer's Potion (The One he took from Putricide) Making each one a boss fight of there own. Although they lack many of the mechanics they are still powerful. Also A few apothecaries are using Von Brawls missiles to try to take down Liam's Light. If the ship goes down pre maturely, you maaayyy lose all those buffs you need.

Boss 4: Archibald Greymane
    Phase 1: (Patchwerk phase): The tank and spank phase, Archibald is very powerful since he is being empowered by a Val'kyr plus all of his plaguiological enhancements, compliments of Von Brawl. He has a stacking buff that makes him more powerful by the second, You must help Genn end this part of the fight, or else all is lost!

Phase 2: (Heros of Gilneas): Archibald will summon adds, each of them as powerful as the gauntlets commanders with out the potion buff. (these are the heroes of Gilneas, if Sylvanas was able to get Archibald... what stopped her?) Archibald will also summon Liam Greymane towards the end of this phase. (OH SNAP). Archibald has access to the Fortress's turret system from here and will launch plague barrels (which just do an AOE effect) and Missiles (which do considerable damage along with a larger AOE eff) One player will need to get onto Liam's Light and fire its guns at the turrets. Once all turrets are down. Liam is summoned, RP moment, feels moment, and finally Liam shows whose side he is really on.

Phase 3:
    The Val'kyr is now visible and is a damage dealer for Archibald. Archibald is back to his phase 1 mechanics, but has ingested the Putricide potion. He is bigger and stronger and more tentaclly..... good news! Liam is on your side. Once you get Archibald to 1% Liam sacrifices himself to destroy the Val'kyr and Archibald is freed. He asks Genn to do the honors, Genn picks up Liams sword and finishes the job.

The new way (Liam) has defeated the old (Archibald) Genn short story for clarification.

Forsaken defeated.... for now.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Now I'm sure you're asking for what the Horde would get in my plan.... well I was thinking something about taking down remaining Garrosh loyalists.

This is all phased for lvl 91+ once an Alliance player hits lvl 91 they will get a letter from Genn Greymane requesting assistance.
    Discuss.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-10-07 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the name it sounds very Worgen like hehe

i wish worgen had better casting animations and melee animations, every char i have would be one. I really like the idea of Archibald Greymane since his son failed Gilneas and he could fell he could return to run the kingdom better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    i wish worgen had better casting animations and melee animations, every char i have would be one. I really like the idea of Archibald Greymane since his son failed Gilneas and he could fell he could return to run the kingdom better
    Plus the whole idea of Genn got all of his original philosophies from Archibald. All of which of course led to the wall of Gilneas which led to lots of other stuff. Also Archibald is one way to show character development of Genn, especially the stuff from his short story.

Deleted
    At one half of your plan I felt that you read my mind, on the other half you gave everything a left turn.

Ivar Bloodfang would be recruited by Genn to fight for the Alliance so that in turn they can roam the cleanedforests of Gilneas as they please. Since the rest of Lordaeron is somewhat abominated with the Plague aswell, this would be a fair offer.

I do think that the Horde can play a bigger part in this, Vol'jin can 'inspect' Sylvanas and discover the arsenal of plague-filled siege weaponry, ordering Sylvanas to shut down the plague production, if she ignores this Vol'jin will come to take Gilneas his way..

These overall events could run concurrently alongside other stories, for example the ultimate liberation of Gnomeregan with the aid of Moira Bronzebeard, the garrison near Theramore engaging in conflict with the Tauren since they are the only race that have a direct path to the Southern Barrens and thus Dustwallow Marsh, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not been able to flush out the idea of how the horde would be involved (npc wise). I feel Vol'jin may be a bit more focused on trying to fight loyalists to Hellscream since despite how players felt about him, had a lot of support.

I'll add in that Ivar part.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope people know my two references in there.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought very hard to find out how to add them!

- - - Updated - - -

Come on fellow Worgens LETS GET THIS IDEA A GOING

Deleted
    I find your lack of Nathanos disturbing. Still a neat concept.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Archibald Greymane: Sylvanas was able to resurrect the former king of Gilneas to command her armies in the region. Archibald is directly controlled by one of the remaining Val'kyrs that are attached to Sylvanas's soul. Archibald is now a powerful Forsaken general and in his make shift fort on the edge of Silverpine, Genn Greymane will need all the help he can get to stop his father.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.
    the forsaken don't control other forsaken. if archibald is forsaken, than he is free willed.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Genn I never thought I'd see you make the jump from comedy to a theory that sounds totally badass.

My only complaint, make it either a 5.5 level 90 thing, or make it a 6.0 level 95 thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool concept as other have said except for Archibald Greymane though I see why he is important.

Surely the logical Greymane to raise would be Liam Greymane for maximum horror?

Why not both?

You know what I don't care what Blizzard does with the Worgen as long as they do something. I'm a Horde player myself but I want to see the Alliance's cool but underused races finally get some attention.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-10-04 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.
    the forsaken don't control other forsaken. if archibald is forsaken, than he is free willed.
    how long ago was that? I recall doing some mind control of newly made forsaken in the post cataclysm leveling zones, Andorhal being the example.... I dont think SYlvanas liked being shot in the back of the head.

Also it would be illogical to revive someone to plague the shit out of his old kingdom with long range goblin plague missiles. Sylvanas wants to use Archibald directly, which is why one of her own Valks is controlling him. Archibald is the direct proxy for Sylvanas to maintain control, with out showing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Cool concept as other have said except for Archibald Greymane though I see why he is important.

Surely the logical Greymane to raise would be Liam Greymane for maximum horror?

Why not both?
    Who do you think that unexpected hero is :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Genn I never thought I'd see you make the jump from comedy to a theory that sounds totally badass.

My only complaint, make it either a 5.5 level 90 thing, or make it a 6.0 level 95 thing.
    lets make it next xpack

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I find your lack of Nathanos disturbing. Still a neat concept.
    I'd rather the devs save him for the same situation as that blood elf death knight who I also left out.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-10-04 at 11:50 PM.

how long ago was that? I recall doing some mind control of newly made forsaken in the post cataclysm leveling zones, Andorhal being the example.... I dont think SYlvanas liked being shot in the back of the head.
    the quote I sent is from after cataclysm, from blizzard explaining to people what the "perceived 'mind control'" was actually about.

there's absolutely no mind control among the forsaken. the forsaken don't mind taking away the free will (or the physical integrity) of the living, but they'll absolutely not do it on each other.

on cataclysm's beta, the val'kyr had a skill named "charm" that would recruit the new forsaken. but than the beta testers swarmed blizzard reminding them that the forsaken don't mind control other forsaken, and blizzard changed that. blizzard corrected their lore goof, and the skill is now called "call to arms", and the lore explanation to it is on that blizzquote I made.

there's absolutely zero mind control inter-forsaken. that's the difference between the forsaken and the scourge. on the scourge, all are slaves to the lich king's will. the forsaken, on the other hand, are free willed. they can go join the argent crusade, or work for the venture co., or become pirates, or do anything they want, really, as long as they don't rebel against the forsaken. if they do that, they are put back into the grave.

in fact, the tirisfal glades and silverpine quests beat on that theme all the time. lilian voss refused to join the forsaken. the rotbrain group rebelled against the forsaken. godfrey and his pals killed sylvanas after using her for their own goals, et cetera.

also, in hillsbrad we execute warden stillwater because his experiments put the forsaken free will and way of life in risk.

- - - Updated - - -

in fact, that blizzquote is from 05/09/2012, while cataclysm (and the quests you're talking about) was released on 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they said that sylvanas did not use mid control does not mean that she did not in this case. It is flawed logic to assume that all is the same forever. This is to directly control a forsaken (SINGULAR). Archibald is not of his own mind. He is the literal proxy of Sylvanas via the Val'kyr. This is only one case. Everyone forsaken is there of their own free will other than Archibald who becomes the literal Proxy for Sylvanas. Through the Val'kyr she can see and influence all that Archibald does. Its how she can maintain control, with out putting her self at risk physically and politcally.

- - - Updated - - -

Archibald's Fortress in detail is up

Just because they said that sylvanas did not use mid control does not mean that she did not in this case. This is to directly control a forsaken. Archibald is not of his own mind. He is the literal proxy of Sylvanas via the Val'kyr. This is only one case. Everyone forsaken is there of their own free will other than Archibald who becomes the literal Proxy for Sylvanas. Through the Val'kyr she can see and influence all that Archibald does. Its how she can maintain control, with out putting her self at risk physically and politcally.
    the forsaken don't mind control their own, period. it's against their law. free will is a cornerstone of their culture.

you should change that detail from your fan concept. it's a better idea than trying to retcon canon lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    the forsaken don't mind control their own, period. it's against their law. free will is a cornerstone of their culture.

you should change that detail from your fan concept. it's a better idea than trying to retcon canon lore.
    Hellscream is a crying orc in nagrand, he will always be a crying orc in nagrand. It is a flaw to think that once true ALWAYS true. There are ALWAYS exceptions.

Sylvanas in this ONE case. Uses Archibald as a direct proxy for her self. Using a Val'kyr of her own soul.

It makes far more sense than Archibald deciding to attack his own city. Sylvanas wants to gain more power, but is not in the right position to do it in the open. Using this scape goat force not under her direct control is the best way. It will fail, but she does have that Death Knight and Nathanos as a fall back.

- - - Updated - - -

TALLY HO FELLOW GILNEANS!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-10-05 at 12:32 AM.

Hellscream is a crying orc in nagrand, he will always be a crying orc in nagrand. It is a flaw to think that once true ALWAYS true. There are ALWAYS exceptions.

Sylvanas in this ONE case. Uses Archibald as a direct proxy for her self. Using a Val'kyr of her own soul.

It makes far more sense than Archibald deciding to attack his own city. Sylvanas wants to gain more power, but is not in the right position to do it in the open. Using this scape goat force not under her direct control is the best way. It will fail, but she does have that Death Knight and Nathanos as a fall back.
    I give it up. you really want to destroy forsaken lore. there's no stopping you. if they mind control one forsaken, they mind control forsaken, and that's all that the forsaken don't do. according to forsaken law (as seen in hillsbrad), the punishment for that is true death.

the forsaken mind controlling forsaken would be like tyrande's night elves summoning sargeras.

I'll just stop bumping your thread now. it's the best way to stop this butchering of undead lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it up. you really want to destroy forsaken lore. there's no stopping you. if they mind control one forsaken, they mind control forsaken, and that's all that the forsaken don't do. according to forsaken law (as seen in hillsbrad), the punishment for that is true death.

the forsaken mind controlling forsaken would be like tyrande's night elves summoning sargeras.

I'll just stop bumping your thread now. it's the best way to stop this butchering of undead lore.
    Calm your jets, you act as if Sylvanas cares, the forsaken are just "arrows in her quiver" afterall. Dont use the slippery slope flaw either please. one exception does not equal the rule will no longer apply in general. This is hardly a butchering.

Sylvanas would not incite the wrath of her own people by breaking the laws she herself set them. When she starts mind-controlling undead, she is essentially the LK - The very thing she vowed to never become. Other than that, I love this concept!
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Sylvanas would not incite the wrath of her own people by breaking the laws she herself set them. When she starts mind-controlling undead, she is essentially the LK - The very thing she vowed to never become. Other than that, I love this concept!
    Honestly Sylvanas was going to be taken down that route in WPL before they scrapped that specific questline.

It's pretty clear she doesn't directly control them, but it's also very clear she aspires for the Forsaken to become the New Scourge.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Have you given any thought to what this means, Sylvanas.?
    Garrosh Hellscream says: What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Isn't it obvious, Warchief? I serve the Horde.

Im pretty sure she broke one vow.